She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 1 "A Normal Amount of Rage" (Spoiler Thread)

I just realized I forgot to post in this thread after I watched it.

But yeah, She-Hulk was my favorite premiere episode of any of the D+ MCU shows so far, just edging out Loki.

Tatiana Maslany is awesome, and I never saw her in anything except for her guest role on Parks and Rec so this made me an instant fan.

Also, Captain America f***s. I wonder if Steve shared that info with all of the Avengers? :hmm

Am I the only one who notices a lot of people missing something here? Specifically. . . yes, Jennifer Walters is very sure of herself, certain she knows whats best and how to go about her life, and thus impatient with Bruce's advice and training. However, the actual story of the episode pretty clearly frames this as a *punchline*. The final scene with her first post-She Hulk court case is basically the narrator going "Yes, this is what Jennifer Walters thinks, but as it turns out, she was wrong." I mean, its doing it gently, because she's not entirely wrong and is definitely sympathetic in why and how she thinks it, but its still doing it.

I mean, you got to go into it in the mind set that this is a narrative from her POV, as she said "this is my show" so yes, somethings are subject to exaggeration of the reality of what actually happened

idk if this format was only done for the pilot ep, and the story will slowly catch up with the reality of things as it progress...

I’m assuming that childhood cousin dynamics play a big part in how Jennifer and Bruce interact with each other. Adults who knew each other as kids will do that, even if they’re usually calm and and soft-spoken or whatever. The actors are about 20 years apart in age, and so maybe Bruce is about 15 years older than Jennifer in this series, and if she blipped then they were born only about 10 years apart. I picture serious teenage nerd Bruce tasked with babysitting a very active and vocal 5-year-old cousin at family gatherings, and the scene looks something like their arguments in episode 1.

I’m assuming that childhood cousin dynamics play a big part in how Jennifer and Bruce interact with each other. Adults who knew each other as kids will do that, even if they’re usually calm and and soft-spoken or whatever. The actors are about 20 years apart in age, and so maybe Bruce is about 15 years older than Jennifer in this series, and if she blipped then they were born only about 10 years apart. I picture serious teenage nerd Bruce tasked with babysitting a very active and vocal 5-year-old cousin at family gatherings, and the scene looks something like their arguments in episode 1.
Haha, sounds about right. I’ve wanted some brother/sister relationships in the MCU but cousins will do fine. Unfortunately we lost Quicksilver straightaway but this is really delivering for me and making good use of Professor Hulk. I loved what I saw of their relationship in the first episode and hope Bruce is in this a lot.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this idea that this looks bad or mid:

a6dde7d5e958bdca5d14da35d03dc4e97a29450f.gifv

Same I honestly thought it all looked great. Like I always say guess it just depends on the person. Everyone sees things differently and it works for some people and not for others.

But yeah awesome first episode. This has been one of the series I was looking forward to most. Off to a great start. The relationship between her and Bruce is very well done. All of that back story was excellent stuff. Tatiana is amazing and the comedy really worked for me here. Glad this is a longer series.

Another comment: this show is the first time where the opening episode actually felt like a pilot episode, rather than "act 1". Its weird, but not bad, just a side effect of how almost all TV shows are actually made these days.

True, looking forward to getting into the meat of the show now. Not long till episode 2!

goes to show you just how behind the 8-ball ms. marvel really was. not only was it released the same day as obi-won but it also had zero 'famous' actors (in terms of american audience) in the cast.

every other marvel disney+ show was either a character we've already seen in movies or had a big name star like isaac and ruffalo guest starring.
I get people like Ms. Marvel, and I do not begrudge them one bit. But I watched the first two episodes, and had no desire to continue. The first episode of She-Hulk, made me fall in love.

Obi-Wan did not hurt Ms. Marvel. Unless you think people only have 40 mins a week to spend on streaming. They released it with Ob-Wan to get it attention. For people to see it while looking for Obi-Wan. It didn't work.

4 times? I've got way too many other things to watch for that, lol. :p
I’m not watching it through in one sitting (not that that would take long). Just minutes at a time on my phone whenever I need a quick boost. It’s kind of addictive. :D

finally got to sit and watch the first 2 episodes. like what i'm seeing so far.

never seen Maslany in anything personally but am familiar with her and the general consensus that she's pretty talented and well liked.
i only know basic stuff about the character but looking forward to seeing more

thats who i thought of when i heard this
I think the issue with this, is she wasn't on the USO tour. Dormer's character is in the base, where he gets his shield, post-USO tour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"