She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 1 "A Normal Amount of Rage" (Spoiler Thread)

Well, as expected, loved Maslany, and she is the show for me. Smug Hulk still does nothing for me, and that is an opinion that has nothing to do with CGI. I do hope they keep the show light and breezy. I do not need them to attempt another Marvel show finale, thank you very much.

God, those upset with Carol's powers levels are going to blow their mind over this.

First episode was ok. A lot of exposition to explain the origin as expected. But it was nice getting the gaps filled in about Bruce as well as his time with Tony.

The FX looked fine. Not horrible but not amazing. I think the skin texture just looks too smooth so it all looks rubbery.

Hopefully now that the origin is out of the way, the rest of the season is the comedic sitcom we’ve been promised.
I agree mostly. I was bored by the stuff with Bruce more than I would have thought. Still expect to enjoy this more as we get into it.

I can totally see it being his “wife” from Sakaar, and embarrassing comedic hijinks ensuing. Would be very on brand for the show And and fit with the town tone that is being presented.

I am hoping it leads to a Hulk solo, but another part of me wants to see Jen have to defend Banner in a Sakaaran alimony trial.

I really have to say I love how good Jen looks as her she hulk form just the right amount of tall, muscular but not TOO muscular, and even her hair long and wavy just like in the books whoever designed her look in this show gets a tip of the hat to me.

Honestly that flying kick at the end was the worst special effect of the whole episode.

But honestly we fans are spoiled. If you had told me 10 years ago we would get a She-Hulk tv show and it would look pretty good, I’d have my doubts. DC fans can’t even get a Batgirl movie that already completed filming.

Honestly for a TV show the CG was serviceable. It is what it is.

Tatiana slays, a shock to nobody.

While I'm getting used to Smart Hulk, I really miss Savage. I hope we haven't seen the last of him. :/

The little talk Jen had with Bruce about anger reminds me of that one episode in the first season of Supergirl.

Campea going hard on the incel folk hating this, both on his show earlier today and on the After Show. :funny::wowe:

6d506af052b8da71eb1a4d182d81c61f035f2e44.gifv

It does make me smile that the Ms Marvel finale thread called “No Normal” is right below the She-Hulk episode called “A Normal Amount of Rage”

8BC13905-A37B-43C7-B3B2-446FED6AB83E.jpeg

A decent first episode, but this is easily my least favorite of all the Marvel/Disney Plus premieres. That being said Tatiania Maslany is pretty great in the role so far and I really enjoyed her interactions with Bruce.

Going by this pilot It at least seems like this is going to be a thoroughly entertaining show going forward which is why I'm looking forward to seeing more episodes, but I do hope it gets better.

The CGI looked like a vast improvement over the trailers for sure, but there is still some wonky editing in this that needs work like that whole court scene at the end which was just straight up awkward and badly executed IMO.

Jameela Jamil deserved a much better introduction than that.

The creators have been up front from the beginning this was meant to be a comedy series and have offbeat humor like the comics. You don’t sell that by having a grim dark storyline in the first episode. And that’s not to say we won’t get Jen dealing with actually being a hulk in later episodes.

Also as far as the in-world explanation goes, it doesn’t seem like many people know Steve went back in time and stayed there and was married.
Comedy is one thing. To me, this is a continuation of the dumb and weak writing tactic applied to the Hulk in his last few outings. I think heavy, intense and dramatic story beats can be bound in comedy. I think the Guardians movies have done this.

My issue is there's no reason to keep that secret, in that way. What do people think happened? He rapidly aged and dropped dead right there? Huh? I just think it's a pointless effort to apply to this situation.

Apparently the origin was meant to be originally in episode 8 but moved to the first episode. I think that's just as well because that's where I want to see it instead of waiting so long until almost the end. And when it gets to the penultimate episode I don't care to suddenly go backwards and see an entire flashback. So it's much better the way they did this.

It was okay as a first episode and Tatiana did well in the role. I would've liked her to have been in the classic torn white dress like her first appearance in the comics. How come she doesn't tear her clothes at all whereas Hulk did so in the Avengers and in his own movies? And it was only a torn sleeve at the end in court. What's the point of talking about spandex when her normal clothes don't seem really affected?

I hope that's not Titania's final costume. That doesn't even look like a costume.

I think moving this to episode 1 was a good move. I think it nicely establishes Jen/She-Hulk and lets us get to know her, and also gives us some She-Hulk vs. Hulk action, and some of Ruffalo as Banner Hulk.

Of the four episodes I've seen so far, this one was my favorite. Tatiana Maslany nails the personality and characterization. The later episodes just weren't all that funny to me and the comedy is what this show is leaning on.

I really have to say I love how good Jen looks as her she hulk form just the right amount of tall, muscular but not TOO muscular, and even her hair long and wavy just like in the books whoever designed her look in this show gets a tip of the hat to me.
Yes, easy to get this wrong but they really got the balance right IMO.

Gosh, it feels so freaking good to watch a pilot for one of these shows that actually feels like a pilot and not "the first hour of a six hour movie." Maslany was terrific, the CGI was workable, and it sets a good tone for the series as a whole. Excited for next week.

I always thought that Cap had sex with the Natalie Dormer character in the first movie.

And what about that scene gave you the feeling Cap would go for that?
Dude has always been obsessed with Peggy, I'm not buying that he f***ed his way around Europe

And what about that scene gave you the feeling Cap would go for that?
Dude has always been obsessed with Peggy, I'm not buying that he f***ed his way around Europe

He definitely flirts back with Natalie Dormers character. Not to mention ended up kissing her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"