Falcon and Winter Soldier Season 1, Episode 1: New World Order (SPOILERS)

If they continue to focus on Sam and Bucky as opposed to the big set pieces such as the opener this could actually be very good. I liked what I saw between Bucky's struggles over the past and Sam's obsession with legacy.
I'm sure they will, but the big set pieces don't take all that long and also keep it attractive for MCU casuals who have less of a link to any given supporting characters. I think it's being handled well with a taster to kick things off to show that when they will do action it will be impressive, and then move straight onto character focus.

I understand Cap is an icon. But Falcon is so much cooler. He can fly, and has all sorts of cool weapons. The super serum didn't make Steve that much physically superior to many soldiers. And as for his tactical and leadership abilities, no serum can grant that.

Did I mention Falcon can fly?

He was able to hold a helicopter from lifting in the air in winter soldier my dude THAT IS SOME SUPER STRONG #### right there and was able to resist Thanos for a few seconds yes he got ko'd lol but any other soldier would not even get his hand on the gaunlet to hold it like that so....

Sam made the point that he had done his research, and that on paper, all of what they had qualified them for the debt consolidation. Still denied. Which is the point. Even if you meet all the qualifications for it, you can still be denied for "reasons".

C'mon. The banker's first thought of where he recognized him was from football. Not all racism is about putting on your klan hood and getting a tiki torch.

All his research and homework would have probably sufficed if there was no blip and half of the population didn’t suddenly come back. But it looks like he didn’t take that in account. Personally I would need a little more than just “reasons” before accusing someone of being racist.

my apologies if the stuff i quote already been addressed I only check my threads 2x a week from the office the rest of the time i'm working from home and I WILL NOT POST ON MY PHONE ITS A NIGHTMARE FOR ME LOL so please if asked this guy is always mad late to the conversation well that's why

Decent first episode that sets things up nicely, not reinventing the genre but a nice continuation for Sam and Bucky in TWS style vibe. Only 6 episodes I read so its going to have to rocket through its story pretty quick but I am sure it will be decent enough but a very different show to WandaVision but I think we could tell that from the trailers, much more standard MCU shenanigans but nowt wrong with that and plus you never know what they have up their sleeve.

I have no idea of the going rates for these types of contract jobs, but I'd imagine that job during the intro should have netted him at least 6 figures. I mean that was some hardcore ****.
Seriously. "Oh I'm gonna have helicopters shooting missiles at me? Yeah I'm gonna need at least 500k for my troubles."

A bit late, but I just wanted to say, I’m loving this show so far. The opening action scene was great. I’m loving how they’re still using The Blip to let us sit in how everyone is dealing with concepts like guilt and trauma.

I think the pacing is good. Bucky’s storyline of guilt and making amends is really compelling. The first time since First Avenger where he’s felt like a fully fledged human character and not an accessory or a plot device in another movie. Also love Sam’s storyline, his hometown background and the interactions with his sister. I don’t get any complaints about them being boring or uninteresting. The show was also successful in making me want to punch John Walker Cap in the face. Lol

Looking forward to the next episode.

Bravo Marvel, bravo!

Episode 1 is a great step in the direction of restoring my hopes for Marvel streaming. The writing and cinematography team are significantly better than what we got for WV. I loved every second of Bucky with his shrink - the long shot across the room with the forest picture in the background, side angles of Bucky, and the steps - that's the kind of attention to detail I crave. The character arcs here are also infinitely more compelling and I really loved how they structured the opening episode into new Cap's reveal. This show feels adult, whereas WV was aimed a lot more at children. Can't forget an action-packed opening for Falcon!

Wandavision being for children? The same show that deftly dealt with the main character dealing with trauma from the death of her loved ones, her holding an town under her spell result, explored grief in a profound way, etc.? Did we both even watch the same show?

Look, I get that the sitcom angle and tone wasn’t your thing, and that all of the rumors and theories proposed online didn’t come to pass, but you not liking how the show didn’t turn out the way you wanted it to doesn’t make it a bad show. It just means you personally didn’t like it.

I loved WandaVision. I’m also loving this show so far. Both are different shows with different premises and tones, and are both great for different reasons. I’m really sick of people propping up something they love to put down something they didn’t love, as if somehow they think the thing they love validates them feeling more secure in being a fan of that thing. If this show being “for adults” somehow qualifies its quality over something like WandaVision, which you deem to be “for children”, then you might have your priorities mixed up or be watching this show for the wrong reasons.

It’s not a competition, so stop it.

Last edited:
It's the wrestling fan in me, but I when think of New World Order, I think of the old WCW Faction with Hulk Hogan in it.

Wandavision being for children? The same show that deftly dealt with the main character dealing with trauma from the death of her loved ones, her holding an town under her spell result, explored grief in a profound way, etc.? Did we both even watch the same show?

Look, I get that the sitcom angle and tone wasn’t your thing, and that all of the rumors and theories proposed online didn’t come to pass, but you not liking how the show didn’t turn out the way you wanted it to doesn’t make it a bad show. It just means you personally didn’t like it.

I loved WandaVision. I’m also loving this show so far. Both are different shows with different premises and tones, and are both great for different reasons. I’m really sick of people propping up something they love to put down something they didn’t love, as if somehow they think the thing they love validates them feeling more secure in being a fan of that thing. If this show being “for adults” somehow qualifies its quality over something like WandaVision, which you deem to be “for children”, then you might have your priorities mixed up or be watching this show for the wrong reasons.

It’s not a competition, so stop it.

........ and I think you take subjective reviews way too personally, which is typically a trait of a fanatic. I'm not even about to address the hot air you just blew at me. Thanks for the vine though!

A truly hit the ground running first episode that seems to be aiming for all the right sweet spots that I like and they more or less hit them each dead on and even when they missied it was not by much.

Sam's character, backstory and his current place in the MCU is really fleshed out. Yes, they changed Sam's backstory a bit but it works here and the family stuff, which is about legacy, ties in nicely with the arc Sam is seeming heading towards in regards to Cap, the shield and the U.S. Government's response to the world in choosing Walker to carry on the mantle.

Also... Sam's sister is FAF.

The Bucky stuff was EXACTLY what this character needed and frankly, was not given in the films where Stan's talent was wasted in basically being a macguffin. The drama and the humor stuff worked and the dialog and writing is sharp.

This was GREAT super hero stuff and the signs point towards a not so shy tackling of some touchy subjects and themes if not in the forefront then certainly it will be on some level present

It's the wrestling fan in me, but I when think of New World Order, I think of the old WCW Faction with Hulk Hogan in it.
Heh, I'm a DC fan first, so my first thought when I hear that title is of Morrison's first JLA story. Give me "Rock of Ages" next, pls! :oldrazz:

Heh, I'm a DC fan first, so my first thought when I hear that title is of Morrison's first JLA story. Give me "Rock of Ages" next, pls! :oldrazz:
giphy.gif

One of the episodes of WandaVision did have Voodoo Child in the end credits so... its all connected?

He was able to hold a helicopter from lifting in the air in winter soldier my dude THAT IS SOME SUPER STRONG #### right there and was able to resist Thanos for a few seconds yes he got ko'd lol but any other soldier would not even get his hand on the gaunlet to hold it like that so....
It did. But Steve was training like hell and kept himself in shape after he woke up from ice. Just like regular human he trained and got stronger. Undoubtedly serum has helped him to get strong, but he put extra work. That's why he was super strong. It was not all serum.

........ and I think you take subjective reviews way too personally, which is typically a trait of a fanatic. I'm not even about to address the hot air you just blew at me. Thanks for the vine though!

Subjectivity does not serve as an excuse for making blatantly absurd statements. The idea that a show whose very fundamental premise involves homaging shows that were on the air decades before any actual children today were even born, and which were themselves not targeted at children, is somehow "for children"? Is not an opinion, its simply false.

Falcon and Winter Soldier doesn't work at all well as a Thor Ragnarok space epic or a Doctor Strange magical mystery adventure. There's just too much espionage and globe trotting instead of dimension hopping or trips to space. What are they thinking? The cinematography doesn't even remotely look like a space opera, so that's a big fail.

Wasn't this first episode supposed to be called "Rest in Peace, Cap" at some point?

Do you think there was a change of plans and we'll get to see Old Man Steve one last time in some form?

Wasn't this first episode supposed to be called "Rest in Peace, Cap" at some point?

Do you think there was a change of plans and we'll get to see Old Man Steve one last time in some form?

That might have just been a fake scoop.

If they were going to kill Steve they would've done it in Endgame instead of bringing him back at the end as an old man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"