Season 1, Episode 1: "Pilot" (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Superman & Lois' started by flickchick85, Feb 25, 2020.

1. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Discuss the pilot here.

NOTE: Please TAG SPOILERS from the leaked script in this thread. But same deal as usual with all these shows - as the episode airs, any spoilery discussions about it will no longer need to be tagged. Discussion of any officially released promo materials from the episode (photos, trailers, clips) will also NOT require tags.

2. herolee10 No More Miracles

So are we looking at them starting production on the pilot in March? I'm hoping that we'll get some kind of an official still for the show/pilot soon (with a new costume for Tyler as well).

Fran-el likes this.
  3. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Yep, March was the last I heard. Which sounds about right if it's gonna be on track for a fall premiere.

Fran-el likes this.
  4. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Tyler must have a new suit after the Crisis after seeing comparisons to Brandon Routh's suit in Crisis.

Fran-el likes this.
  5. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Yes, get him a new suit. One without those shoulder attachments. They seem to emphasise his smaller frame. A suit similar to Routh's would make him look bigger.

Babillygunn likes this.
  6. SuperRouth Registered

According to Jordan Elsass they’re not filming til the Summer. So I think the early pick up changed the filming plans.

7. Slick Yup

Well hopefully we still can get a promo trailer for upfonts like with Legends and Black Lightning. At least to give us a feel of the show.

8. Dr. From parts unknown

Not too many fans of this aesthetic :ebr:. But, apparently, there’re practical advantages to it (easily detachable?, etc.) - so much so that the same design was used for Mon-El and then Kara’s new look. So the odds of losing the shoulder clasps may be slim.

9. Fran-el Registered

This bothers me a lot, because I couldn't follow the same line that Batwoman did? Now it's time to wait more and more to know or see something ...

10. SuperRouth Registered

Batwoman didn’t get picked up until they filmed the pilot but S&L has gotten picked up prior to the pilot. So I think because it got early picked up it’s just been put on the same schedules as the other shows.

Fran-el likes this.
  11. Fran-el Registered

Yes I understand, but Jordan also said that hopefully they can have a look in May for Upfronts, so I suppose (I hope) they start before the end of May, but I like the idea that they start filming and don't stop.

SuperRouth likes this.
  12. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Well this fall sounds good. But if production starts in March, that's not much time at all for Hoechlin to bulk up and put back on some muscle.

13. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Bummer, only because I was hoping for set pics soon, but yeah this makes sense. Only reason they film pilots in Feb-April is for the pilot season circus, where networks can judge all their pilots and decide which shows to pick up. The actual shows often don’t generally continue filming for the rest of the series ‘til after the May upfronts, so usually somewhere from May-July. Since this show was already picked up and got to skip the pilot season circus, I guess it makes sense that it wouldn’t start filming til maybe May-June. On the bright side, @Dark Raven , this hypothetically gives Tyler more gym time, lol.

SuperRouth and Dark Raven like this.
  14. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Oh well, if it's not filming until May or June, that's just as well. There's no point in filming now and having Superman looking too slimmed down. There's no excuse now for him not to bulk up. It's not like he's working on anything else. And he better get motivated to hit the gym.

15. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

They're filming between March to May, which may see 1-3 episodes at the most.

16. LL2K2 Maid of Might

Fingers crossed. Hoechlin is scheduled to appear at WizardWorld Cleveland next weekend. Let's hope any photos/video confirm he's made some effort to bulk up a bit.

Karelia and Fran-el like this.