Season 1, Episode 1: "Pilot" (SPOILERS)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
The world’s most famous superhero (Tyler Hoechlin) and comic books’ most famous journalist (Bitsie Tulloch) deal with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today’s society.

Discuss the pilot here.

NOTE: Please TAG SPOILERS from the leaked script in this thread. But same deal as usual with all these shows - as the episode airs, any spoilery discussions about it will no longer need to be tagged. Discussion of any officially released promo materials from the episode (photos, trailers, clips) will also NOT require tags.

So are we looking at them starting production on the pilot in March? I'm hoping that we'll get some kind of an official still for the show/pilot soon (with a new costume for Tyler as well).

Yep, March was the last I heard. Which sounds about right if it's gonna be on track for a fall premiere.

Tyler must have a new suit after the Crisis after seeing comparisons to Brandon Routh's suit in Crisis.

Yes, get him a new suit. One without those shoulder attachments. They seem to emphasise his smaller frame. A suit similar to Routh's would make him look bigger.

According to Jordan Elsass they’re not filming til the Summer. So I think the early pick up changed the filming plans.

Well hopefully we still can get a promo trailer for upfonts like with Legends and Black Lightning. At least to give us a feel of the show.

Yes, get him a new suit. One without those shoulder attachments...

Not too many fans of this aesthetic :ebr:. But, apparently, there’re practical advantages to it (easily detachable?, etc.) - so much so that the same design was used for Mon-El and then Kara’s new look. So the odds of losing the shoulder clasps may be slim.

According to Jordan Elsass they’re not filming til the Summer. So I think the early pick up changed the filming plans.
This bothers me a lot, because I couldn't follow the same line that Batwoman did? Now it's time to wait more and more to know or see something ...

This bothers me a lot, because I couldn't follow the same line that Batwoman did? Now it's time to wait more and more to know or see something ...

Batwoman didn’t get picked up until they filmed the pilot but S&L has gotten picked up prior to the pilot. So I think because it got early picked up it’s just been put on the same schedules as the other shows.

Batwoman didn’t get picked up until they filmed the pilot but S&L has gotten picked up prior to the pilot. So I think because it got early picked up it’s just been put on the same schedules as the other shows.
Yes I understand, but Jordan also said that hopefully they can have a look in May for Upfronts, so I suppose (I hope) they start before the end of May, but I like the idea that they start filming and don't stop.

Yep, March was the last I heard. Which sounds about right if it's gonna be on track for a fall premiere.

Well this fall sounds good. But if production starts in March, that's not much time at all for Hoechlin to bulk up and put back on some muscle.

Bummer, only because I was hoping for set pics soon, but yeah this makes sense. Only reason they film pilots in Feb-April is for the pilot season circus, where networks can judge all their pilots and decide which shows to pick up. The actual shows often don’t generally continue filming for the rest of the series ‘til after the May upfronts, so usually somewhere from May-July. Since this show was already picked up and got to skip the pilot season circus, I guess it makes sense that it wouldn’t start filming til maybe May-June. On the bright side, @Dark Raven , this hypothetically gives Tyler more gym time, lol.

Oh well, if it's not filming until May or June, that's just as well. There's no point in filming now and having Superman looking too slimmed down. There's no excuse now for him not to bulk up. It's not like he's working on anything else. And he better get motivated to hit the gym.

They're filming between March to May, which may see 1-3 episodes at the most.

Oh well, if it's not filming until May or June, that's just as well. There's no point in filming now and having Superman looking too slimmed down. There's no excuse now for him not to bulk up. It's not like he's working on anything else. And he better get motivated to hit the gym.

Fingers crossed. Hoechlin is scheduled to appear at WizardWorld Cleveland next weekend. Let's hope any photos/video confirm he's made some effort to bulk up a bit.

The official (and somewhat longwinded :cool:) synopsis for the pilot has been released:

Superman & Lois - “Pilot”

SERIES PREMIERE – In SUPERMAN & LOIS, after years of facing megalomaniacal supervillains, monsters wreaking havoc on Metropolis, and alien invaders intent on wiping out the human race, the world’s most famous superhero, The Man of Steel aka Clark Kent (Tyler Hoechlin, “Teen Wolf”) and comic books’ most famous journalist, Lois Lane (Elizabeth Tulloch, “Grimm”), come face to face with one of their greatest challenges ever - dealing with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today’s society.

Complicating the already daunting job of raising two boys, Clark and Lois must also concern themselves with whether or not their sons Jonathan (Jordan Elsass, “Little Fires Everywhere”) and Jordan (Alexander Garfin, “The Peanuts Movie”) could inherit their father’s Kryptonian superpowers as they grow older. Returning to Smallville to handle some Kent family business, Clark and Lois are reacquainted with Lana Lang (Emmanuelle Chriqui, “Entourage”), a local loan officer who also happens to be Clark’s first love, and her Fire Chief husband Kyle Cushing (Erik Valdez, “Graceland”).

The adults aren’t the only ones rediscovering old friendships in Smallville as the Kent sons are reacquainted with Lana and Kyle’s rebellious daughter, Sarah (Inde Navarrette, “Wander Darkly”). Of course, there’s never a dull moment in the life of a superhero, especially with Lois’ father, General Samuel Lane (Dylan Walsh, “Nip/Tuck”) looking for Superman to vanquish a villain or save the day at a moment’s notice. Meanwhile, Superman and Lois’ return to idyllic Smallville is set to be upended when both a mysterious stranger (Wolé Parks, “All American”) and impassioned self-made mogul Morgan Edge (Adam Rayner, “Tyrant”) enter their lives. (#101).

The episode was directed by Lee Toland Krieger and Todd Helbing wrote the teleplay for the first episode, based on a story by Greg Berlanti and Todd Helbing. Original airdate 2/23/2021.​

And if anyone’s keen to start threads for the next batch of episodes, here’s the current poop:

Ep. 2. “Heritage” March 2, 2021
Ep. 3. “The Perks of Not Being a Wallflower” March 9, 2021
Ep. 4. “Haywire” March 16, 2021
Ep. 5. “The Beacon” March 23, 2021

(Synopses not yet released.)

So the series premiere isn't episodes 1 and 2 put together? Like Smallville did with some episodes? The show made some special 2-hour episodes when it was really counted as two episodes. Only single-episode that Smallville shot that longer than 42 minutes that I recall was "Commencement".

So the series premiere isn't episodes 1 and 2 put together? Like Smallville did with some episodes?
Nope, just a longer-than-usual pilot a 30-minute special.

So looks to be a 90-minute series premiere along with a half-hour behind the scenes feature?

So looks to be a 90-minute series premiere along with a half-hour behind the scenes feature?
Yes, basically, it's the full 60-minute pilot - not trimmed down to 42 minutes for commercials like regular episodes are. So that 60-minute pilot + commercials will be 90-minutes. And then the half-hour special.

Z5vR9gI.gif

September 12, 1993. Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman debuts on prime time tv on ABC. In the year of October 16, 2001, SMALLVILLE made its grand debut on The WB becoming the longest running superhero tv series in history lasting an entire decade of ten seasons.

October 26, 2015 Supergirl takes flight on CBS. Now tonight February 23, 2021, Superman and Lois return with their own series.

I'm happy for The Man of Steel making his return to tv, I think Superman has a pretty adequate amount of positive reception on tv over the years and I hope this series can be a huge success for years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"