Season 1, Episode 1: "Pilot" (SPOILERS)

Re-watched today, a couple random observations:

-I think my favorite scene may be where Clark races home to Martha. I don't know if it's a directorial choice or purely an acting choice, but the way Tyler plays it when he first walks into her room, like he's afraid to turn and look at her because he knows when he does, he'll see a corpse and not his mom (especially so because he can hear her vitals and knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that she's gone)....I FELT that. That was so incredibly real, imo.

-I noticed at the end of the fight when he pulled out the Kryptonite, his suit instantly started repairing itself. So I think they're going with the "Kryptonian armor" approach to the suit.

- Tyler was great all episode but that scene he was excellent. Had me in tears.

- yeah I noticed that with the suit, don’t think we’ll be getting any shirt rips, unless they do one as the suit is forming. Still if not it’s fine, Tyler got to do two badass shirt rips in his previous appearances on Supergirl and the Flash

Bit late to the party, just finished watching episode one, and as much as I know this is a superman show, you'd kinda expect Kara to be at Martha's funeral.

This is a common problem with superhero shoes, I know. Why is one hero, on their parent show, the only one around who can do anything or even be on the scene. Where is Supergirl during all this drama?

How about a line from Clark to his kids "oh and your Aunt Kara, she's kinda' Supergirl."

Bit late to the party, just finished watching episode one, and as much as I know this is a superman show, you'd kinda expect Kara to be at Martha's funeral.

This is a common problem with superhero shoes, I know. Why is one hero, on their parent show, the only one around who can do anything or even be on the scene. Where is Supergirl during all this drama?

How about a line from Clark to his kids "oh and your Aunt Kara, she's kinda' Supergirl."

That’d be weird considering she’s actually there cousin and not their aunt :funny:

That’d be weird considering she’s actually there cousin and not their aunt :funny:

I believe it’s common for a cousin that much older than you to be considered, and called, an aunt (or uncle).

I believe it’s common for a cousin that much older than you to be considered, and called, an aunt (or uncle).

I know some people let their life long friends be aunts and uncles but I’ve never heard of it with cousins

On Black Lightning, "Uncle" Gambi isn't even a cousin. :oldrazz:

So I watched this , its on the HBO streaming service in my part of the world. It had lots going against it, since I have a strong dislike for The CW DC shows. Even if I have checked them out several times over the years becouse I am a life long DC fan. Have almost always been burnt by the casting ,visuals and story. Pretty much everything.

That said, I thought the first episode was good for what it was. It looked cinematic and had a Man of Steel style to it. It was several steps above anything I expected.

And while I am not a big fan of the casting, I have to admit that they did fine. The dialogue felt also more mature here than in any CW show I have seen in recent years.

This was actually ok, and ill watch the second episode too.

Lifelong family friend
Indeed. But it's kinda a mouthful. And so gets shortened to "Uncle." Likewise, I'm sure the Kent boys were told that Kara was first cousin once removed. Which... got shortened to "Aunt Kara."

:hehe:

Why don't the twins question whether Kara also has super powers since she is Clark's cousin? Unless they think she's his earthly cousin from the Kents, or a cousin of Lois's.

I called my cousin, 'Auntie Beverley' once, because she's 19 years older than me. Just totally slipped out.

And considering I was 30 when I did it, man was she pi$$ed hahaha

I called my cousin, 'Auntie Beverley' once, because she's 19 years older than me. Just totally slipped out.

And considering I was 30 when I did it, man was she pi$$ed hahaha

I'm surprised Peter Parker never called Aunt May "grandma" in the Raimi and Webb films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"