Ms. Marvel Season 1, Episode 3 "Destined" (Spoiler Thread)

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
ab52c0896a0c62711967ec5e6b366e4a907cce81.gifv

first two episodes were A+ imho. this one was around a "B". keeping up that level of the first 2 was going to be tough regardless, especially since we had to have an exposition episode.

alot of this worked for me - but the thing that didn't was the quick 180 the djinn folks did - from being kind and asking for help to "i will kill her" within 5 mins. probably could've handled that better.

other than that - story is still great. preformances are still great. alot was revealed within 1 episode...with 3 more left to go.

my guess is kamala has to interact with aisha at some point and go to that other dimension. i wonder if america chavez makes an appearance here to help her.

still no clue how this ties to captain marvel unless it's revealed that they are actually kree.

Since we are already halfway and yeah like previous mcu live action shows, it feels they once again stretched a story enough for a 2 hour film to a 4 hour Xeries.

Wedding scene was really well done. Absolutely fantastic moments with the parents. Their actors should get Emmy nominations.

Last edited:
first two episodes were A+ imho. this one was around a "B". keeping up that level of the first 2 was going to be tough regardless, especially since we had to have an exposition episode.

alot of this worked for me - but the thing that didn't was the quick 180 the djinn folks did - from being kind and asking for help to "i will kill her" within 5 mins. probably could've handled that better.

other than that - story is still great. preformances are still great. alot was revealed within 1 episode...with 3 more left to go.

my guess is kamala has to interact with aisha at some point and go to that other dimension. i wonder if america chavez makes an appearance here to help her.

still no clue how this ties to captain marvel unless it's revealed that they are actually kree.

I am not expecting the Captain Marvel connection until the post credits scene at the end of the series

This episode might not have been as good as the first two episodes, but I still really enjoyed it because we are still getting some great character development on top of the show finally going into full drive.

Sure, the action scenes are a bit clumsy, and the villain turn was a little too sudden, but there are so many awesome character moments spread throughout these episodes that I can be a lot more forgiving for the lesser stuff.

Somehow, Damage Control will still want Kamala and will believe she's with Clan Destine, because that's what government agencies in movies and TV do.

Agreed with those who have said the villain turn wasn't handled well and was too sudden. Decent enough ep otherwise.

Mhh I think a little, little bit mixed of this episode. Mostly it felt more like: "We show you some culture instead of plot." It was very cool that Bruno had the chance to be part of the wedding dance show.
Also, I think the villains reveal and attack was totally rushed and didnt fleshed out enough.
On the other hand, the Bon Jovi montage was really entertaining!! :D And I feel ashamed but this Brian-Gag gets me every time. :applaud

Nah, you miss out all great the family moments. This needed to be a tv show.
I didn't miss anything as i was paying attention and I was bored.

The first 3 episodes could have easily been the first hour of a movie.

Just slightly below the last two episodes in terms of quality, but I still thought it was great and had a great time with it. As usual, Kamala still rocks, and all of the stuff with Kamala’s family and their Muslim heritage was handled very well. We’re already halfway and I feel like this show hasn’t dragged and has utilized pretty much all of its scenes well. In terms of writing, directing and pacing, this is definitely the best Disney+ show so far. If they keep this up, this is definitely going to end up being my favorite.

If this is the lowest level in quality as these episodes get, I’m perfectly fine with that.

If one must argue, most mini series can be abridged into a feature film, and vice versa. That’s pretty much given. As mentioned before, the support characters development and interaction are rather well done, and at least to me are engaging and intriguing, that it feels good to have it as a mini series than a direct to home film.

So do the antagonists have any powers like Kamala besides looking mean and menacing?

I love all the small bits. The stuff with her family and with her friends. But, its a Marvel project, so there must be PLOT with ACTION.

And its clear, the change in her powers is now definitely because of budget, as well as "linking her to the greater MCU". So, we got the expected Kree connection. That wasn't too surprising. But now, they are linking it to the Ten Rings, another change that greatly diminishes from the source material. And god, the action is so bad compared to what it could have been.

I greatly enjoy this show, but the changes are a constant source of frustration.

Just give me 8 episodes, because I need a full episode of Kamala and Nakia dealing with Kamala's powers.

watched this episode again and i liked it even better than i did on first viewing.

what was really subtle was how the stylization/texting/etc was reduced this episode b/c kamala wasn't in her happy daydream place. she was preoccupied with all the stuff going on around her and was scared/serious so we saw the world with her eyes again. the first two episodes was a fun teen girl daydreamer but this one was more serious. even the text pop ups were bland. the only stylized thing we saw was the logo for the wedding since that was a happy thing for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"