Falcon and Winter Soldier Season 1, Episode 3: "Power Broker" (SPOILERS)

Madripoor though *heart eyes* The rap music had some Filipino words too LOL

They also included a bunch of X's in the bar scene. What a tease.

but I did have to laugh at Sam’s getup in Madripoor. I know it was established that he looked like the guy he was impersonating, but he should have at least worn shades or something. Him being recognized as an Avenger could have blown the whole thing right off the bat.
Probably a call back to the uncomfortable cop scene in Baltimore when the Five-O's didn't recognize him as an Avenger WITHOUT the goggles.

Re: Zemo and Sharon, It's interesting that some people find their characterization incongruous when 7 years passed between the events of Civil War and the series, Zemo is satisfied by his victory in CW and at peace, while Sharon was abandoned by all her allies/friends. I think these new versions of the characters work well in the post-blip world.

On theory I ready on line is that
Bucky is working for the Wakandans, who wanted Zemo out of prison so they could execute him

Hmmm.....good theory.
given all the time he spent in Wakanda after Civil War he would be well acquainted with the Dora Milaje.

However TChalla could have kept Zemo himself after Civil War, as the second last time we see TChalla in that film is when he prevents Zemo's suicide. So Tchalla must have handed Zemo over to Ross and the taskforce.
To me, this suggests Tchalla has foregone any personal vengeance - in fact he says as much during the scene. Maybe this is a personal Dora Milaje thing ? Anyway, with Boseman sadly deceased, we won't get to see Tchalla, unless they filmed a scene with him before his passing, now that would be cause to get the tissues out.

Madripoor though *heart eyes* The rap music had some Filipino words too LOL

They also included a bunch of X's in the bar scene. What a tease.

Probably a call back to the uncomfortable cop scene in Baltimore when the Five-O's didn't recognize him as an Avenger WITHOUT the goggles.

I believe the "pimp" outfit was a reference to Sam's original squicky comic book back story as criminal "Snap" Wilson.
upload_2021-4-2_18-19-21.png

Last edited:
Another great episode indeed and is it just me or was the violence in this particular episode pretty damn brutal, especially the action sequences with Sharon?

As much flack as the MCU gets for humor and being too kiddie at times I really do appreciate when they are able to do more gritty stuff like this where they don't have to worry about shying away from the violence when its necessary.

It's great seeing Daniel Bruhl back as Zemo who is just as fantastic in the role as he was back in 2016 and while his team up with Sam and Bucky was unexpected I was loving every minute of it.

Also, I loved all the Madripoor stuff which felt very much like something out of John Wick and had a very different/unique vibe than what we have become use to seeing in the MCU.
It felt like John Wick because the writer of this episode wrote the John Wick movies

Really solid episode. Loved seeing Zemo - he just might be my favorite MCU villain and I need to see him and Doom share scenes together down the line.

I wouldn't be shocked if Sharon is the Power Broker but I'm guessing she's working for him. There's a reason she hasn't left Madripoor.

Was surprised to see Ayo pop up. I wouldn't be shocked to see T'Challa show up but I think Okoye might be more likely. Didn't they tease a surprise character popping up in episode 5?

Only complaint about this episode, really was the lack of Walker. That first scene showed some of that darkness/anger he has. A small thing I picked up on in that scene is Walker needing a translator.

This episode really started to set things in motion. I liked that they gave Karli a little more to her with some backstory but she and the Flag Smashers are fairly generic at this point.

Thinking on it, if there's one flaw this show and Wandavision has, it's the clumsy way they handle exposition sometimes. I was really confused that Sharon appeared out of nowhere and then they give her exposition to spout at an awkward time. I kind of feel like that her telling Bucky and Falcon what's been going on in her life would've been better done in the car when they were driving off or at her apartment.

Credits:
Sebastian Stan / Anthony Mackie
Emily Van Camp
Wyatt Russell
Erin Kellyman
?
Florence Kasumba
Danny Ramirez
Georges St.-Pierre
Adepero Oduye
with Daniel Brühl
and Don Cheadle​

So one mysterious spot is left. Also intersting: The eyes of Wyatt Russel arent corssed out with red painting anymore.
Considering how high it is (6th highest billed cast member), it has to be a major character. Maybe it's the episode 5 character Spellman is talking about.

Here it is in avatar form

View attachment 44744

0739bc5da1c3cfbba3278a8cca291c927f6ea412-hq.gif

Another really good episode!

I rewatched the first 2 again to build up to it.

Was amazing to see Madripoor! Really good job they did with that.

Great to see Sharon and she got a lot more to do than in all of the MCU prior to this. Plus we got to see Bucky and Zemo as badasses. :cool:

Dancing Zemo was my favourite part though. :D

Sharon CARTER! SHARON CARTER! Finally getting her dues! Her being screwed over in the movies basically manifested itself here with her on the run and having to take up some shady business. I really hope she doesnt turn out to be the villain.

Anyone else thinking that those other 12 vials of recreated super soldier serum might be the connective thread that was supposed to link this show to Black Widow?

Great, GREAT episode but I have one minor gripe. Madripoor is said to be in Southeast Asia, near Singapore. Singapore is really, REALLY hot and humid. The coldest it ever gets is about 70 degrees. Zemo and Bucky would have been dripping with sweat and damn near dying of heatstroke with those coats they were wearing, lol.

Another solid episode. There were a lot of surprises for me because I didn't pay as close attention to production as I did Wandavision. I didn't expect Bucky and Sam to break Zemo out, wasn't expecting Madripoor and Ayo at the end was a fantastic surprise.

I'm glad Sharon Carter is getting her due here. I never liked her and Steve as a couple, but I always felt bad for comic Sharon fans because she had such a large presence. Her action scenes were pretty damn violent. I'm struggling to think of anything else in the MCU that was as "graphic"

Friday only stated that Zemo was a Colonel in the Sokovian Armed Force and he lead a black ops group known as EKO Scorpion. That doesn’t mean he wasn’t a Baron all along. I don’t see the re-con. Especially since many people of nobility and family of royalty have served in war.

Him being a Sokovian Baron and a Sokovian royal family member was a pretty huge oversight for Friday to forget or not mention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"