Falcon and Winter Soldier Season 1, Episode 3: "Power Broker" (SPOILERS)

When will Walker get the beating he needs, feels like he goes out of his way to really push that he is Cap. He got the clothes and gear but he is nothing like the man himself. People see through that so he jumps right to intimidating.

Bucky has to get a chance to beat him up, but realize his psych training.

Yeah, I loved when he pulled the “DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!” card and that guy just threw it back in his face. Bucky could beat him down but it wouldn’t really be a fair fight since he’s enhanced, unless of course Walker also gets the serum. And I think he will.

If he doesn’t though, then hopefully Sam kicks his ass and takes the shield off of him.

I’m sure Zemo would be saying those things to wind him up and keep him on edge even if there was nothing there. The narrative issue with any kind of reversion to the Winter Soldier now is that we might have to see him killed off, even voluntarily. After knowing all the horrific acts he was forced to commit last time, the threat that he can’t be cured of it would likely be too much to live with.

I didn't take it as him being mind controlled again, more like having the capacity to be as brutal as the WS was but now being able to control how far he is willing to go since he has his own agency now. I don't think Bucky could ever go back to Being the pre-winter Soldier Bucky, some of that darkness and brutality is still in there, nobody would be able to comeback from that unscathed. The struggle for Bucky now is controlling those dark impulses. At least that's how I took what Zemo said, I hope the show delves deeper into it.

Listen, I would've blown my cover right there. Puking my guts out at the bar LOL.
Me too. I was just watching it and I felt like puking. Poor Sam. He got the worst deal, at least all Bucky had to do was pretend to be the WS but Sam had to drink Snake gut.

Me too. I was just watching it and I felt like puking. Poor Sam. He got the worst deal, at least all Bucky had to do was pretend to be the WS but Sam had to drink Snake gut.

He could've said he was going to drink something other than his usual. That way he wouldn't have had to drink that.

He could've said he was going to drink something other than his usual. That way he wouldn't have had to drink that.

Well, to be fair, when the bartender asked him if he wanted his usual, he probably thought it was a shot of Jack or a rum & Coke or something normal. Not tequila & snake intestine or whatever that **** was, lol.

I didn't take it as him being mind controlled again, more like having the capacity to be as brutal as the WS was but now being able to control how far he is willing to go since he has his own agency now. I don't think Bucky could ever go back to Being the pre-winter Soldier Bucky, some of that darkness and brutality is still in there, nobody would be able to comeback from that unscathed. The struggle for Bucky now is controlling those dark impulses. At least that's how I took what Zemo said, I hope the show delves deeper into it.
Ah gotya. Sorry for misinterpreting and totally agreed! :up:

Yeah, I loved when he pulled the “DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!” card and that guy just threw it back in his face. Bucky could beat him down but it wouldn’t really be a fair fight since he’s enhanced, unless of course Walker also gets the serum. And I think he will.

If he doesn’t though, then hopefully Sam kicks his ass and takes the shield off of him.

Walker should've said something like "do you think the A on my forehead stands for France?"

I wouldn't be surprised if that drink actually did exist somewhere. You can go to an island in Indonesia (Sulawesi) and find fried snake, scorpion, frog, etc to eat. There's also another place to buy pig's head and you eat the brains. Raw.

Yeah that indeed exists for hundreds of years in China. I think Sam had the snake bile version, maybe heart combo.

Snake wine - Wikipedia

“The fresh body fluids of the snake are mixed directly into prepared alcohol and consumed immediately in the form of a shot. Snake blood wine is prepared by slicing a snake along its belly and draining its blood directly into the drinking vessel filled with rice wine or grain alcohol. Snake bile wine is made by mixing the alcohol with the snake's gall bladder and bile, and snake heart wine is made by putting the still-beating heart of the slaughtered snake into a bottle of alcohol.”

Still beating heart...

The world building is happening. You really do need to watch these shows to be up to speed when the movies start getting released again after BW.

so zemo + sam + bucky will stop all the other super soldiers...leaving only bucky - which zemo will try to take out in the finale. imho.

so zemo + sam + bucky will stop all the other super soldiers...leaving only bucky - which zemo will try to take out in the finale. imho.
Plus Carter, Walker and Hoskins in the mix somewhere.

Walker should've said something like "do you think the A on my forehead stands for France?"
That would be more in character for comics-Walker than comics Cap yeah.

Now please explain to me how Sharon was in hiding for years even after the blip? All she did was help Cap by getting him his shield and Sam's wings. That was it.

Hell, after Infinity War, the government looked the other way and allowed the remaining Avengers do their thing so of course after Endgame, they were scot free. Why didn't Cap or Sam remember to ask for leniency toward Sharon? Does the CIA have such high standards that they really are Biblical when it comes to punishing agents who go against orders?

I'm reading lots of complains about how the pacing was off in this episode as there's too much going on and the characters jump from one place to another too quickly. I personally didn't feel that, the plot is still pretty easy to follow even though it was certainly paced differently compared to Ep.1-2, but I appreciate they're trying to mix it up a bit. Do you guys think opinions would be different if the show was released all at once and ready to be binged?

Do you guys think opinions would be different if the show was released all at once and ready to be binged?

I actually do. This miniseries are set up like movies. With Ep1+2 handles the introducing act 1, its a no-brainer the pacing rises in the Ep3+4 and it will work if you binge it all in one. And tbh I prefer that instead of wasting every 20min again like how dangerous the big bad is or do summaries of the previous episodes in dialog like other shows did.

This little teaser give two interesting shots in second 4-5 (spoiler)
One show Walker with his bloody shield, he is totally kill someone with that one :D. The other shot is a close up of him. And I think you can see some rubble marks on his neck. Propably from Bucky?

Last edited:
I prefer this format Disney Plus does with serialized episodes, gives you something to discuss like actual tv from week to week.
Yeah, this makes it all much more interactive and fun throughout the release process. The movies have been amazing but there are large gaps between releases. This way it feels the MCU is continuously growing rather than stop/start with the films. It also makes me value the Hype even more as the best place to discuss it week to week with all the familiar and new faces.

so apparently they had to do reshoots and restructure the karli morganthal's story a bit due to covid.

her mom that was on the bed dying was supposed to be from a virus hence why the flagsmashers were stealing vaccines. my guess is that this virus was released by some government entity like the GRC. they were hoarding the vaccines which would explain why she bombed the building and killed them.

showing a virus released by the gov really wouldn't be a wise thing during covid so some dialogue was dubbed over, changed and re-shot.

we need a director's cut! lol.

so apparently they had to do reshoots and restructure the karli morganthal's story a bit due to covid.

her mom that was on the bed dying was supposed to be from a virus hence why the flagsmashers were stealing vaccines. my guess is that this virus was released by some government entity like the GRC. they were hoarding the vaccines which would explain why she bombed the building and killed them.

showing a virus released by the gov really wouldn't be a wise thing during covid so some dialogue was dubbed over, changed and re-shot.

we need a director's cut! lol.
Oh right. Hopefully the alternatives they came up with are as good as the original plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"