Season 3, Episode 10: "Collision Course" (SPOILERS)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
Official Description:

Lois attempts to interview Peia in the hopes of unearthing the truth about an old case, while Clark struggles to spend quality time with the boys. Meanwhile, Jonathan and Jordan find themselves at a party, where tensions between Sarah and Jordan come to a head. As Kyle’s suspicions about a local meta-human grow, Lana must juggle her personal life with a visit from the governor. Finally, Matteo makes a life-altering decision. Elaine Mongeon directed the episode written by Max Cunningham & Max Kronick.

Promo:

I missed the start of tonight's episode by roughly 15 seconds. (Where are long recaps when we need them?) :argh:

Anyway, does anyone know if Lois went through with the operation, and is that what Clark is referring to
when he says, "you did it"?

I missed the start of tonight's episode by roughly 15 seconds. (Where are long recaps when we need them?) :argh:

Anyway, does anyone know if Lois went through with the operation, and is that what Clark is referring to
when he says, "you did it"?
she has the mastectomy in two weeks, she mentions later. I think hecwas talking about her finishing chemo.

Loved seeing Clark being such a concerned/strict dad to the point where it almost backfired on him when he confronted Johnathan lol and then the constant escalation of things from there with Kyle.

It definitely got pretty intense towards the end.

Junior: "I can't get caught drinking underage again!" The most unintentionally funny thing this show has ever done :funny:

This really felt like a turning point episode and with only three episodes left now, it makes sense. I just know @flickchick85 is going to loathe Kyle in this one. I usually like Kyle but he was pretty unbearable here which led to well, we know.

Can't wait to see what they do with these final few episodes but man, is Lex going to be the cliffhanger? They've been teasing him for a while now and to see he'll only be in maybe the last two episodes? No bueno. Especially with season 4 in limbo

I wasn't a fan of Kyle in this either. Like, dude, let it go. Why is he so hepped up about a powered person when yeah, they are helping people?

They finally did it with the last person to know Clark's secret.

After John Henry Irons crossed the line last week, it was right that he benched out for this one.

I have this sinking suspicion that, with as much as the show is teasing him, we won't get Luthor until the season finale, if that.

Which would be fine if we knew whether the show was getting a fourth season.

I wasn't a fan of Kyle in this either. Like, dude, let it go. Why is he so hepped up about a powered person when yeah, they are helping people?
Yeah they overdid it. He wouldn't let it go and was just way too pushy about it

I have this sinking suspicion that, with as much as the show is teasing him, we won't get Luthor until the season finale, if that.

Which would be fine if we knew whether the show was getting a fourth season.
I figured they are setting him up to be the villain on S4, but yeah, maybe S4 won't even happen. :(

To be fair, with everyone denying what Kyle knew in his gut to be a genuine sighting, it became pretty obvious that they were all collectively trying to cover it up. The man's an idiot, no doubt, but you've also got to look at things from his perspective. He probably felt like he was going crazy. lol

Personally, I really like how they're slowly building up Lex's character and eventual arrival on this show. Of course, it'll all be for naught if the show doesn't get picked up for another season.

I'm hoping that the lack of Superman action scenes means that they're just saving up on their budget for a bigger sequence and not because they're tight on funds.

Jordan and Sarah really remind me of Smallville's Clark and Lana at their worst. I really don't know what the writers are trying to accomplish with the inconsistency of their relationship. Plus, it makes both characters look bad in the long run.

Is it weird that I was thinking about how Kyle Cushing's BIGGEST fan @flickchick85 would react towards his behavior in tonight's episode? :coolguy:

Minor Easter egg but the Governor in tonight's episode was played by Smallvlle's Granny Goodness.

Fxbphn-XsAMZQXw

I have to say, I’m on Kyle’s side in this. I mean this sincerely: the gaslighting that Team El was doing against a good man who knew the truth was hard to watch.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Superman goes public as Clark so that he can stop lying and stop requiring his friends and family to lie. Season 4 could be about dealing with the consequences of coming out even when the person involved decides it’s the right thing to do.

Last edited:
Peia’s Silver Banshee makeup in the first part of this episode was understated and all the more unsettling for the realistic suffering it showed.

Junior: "I can't get caught drinking underage again!" The most unintentionally funny thing this show has ever done :funny:
I almost couldn't continue the episode from there. :hehe: This has to be an elaborate prank on the audience by the writers. It is the only explanation. :o

Guess I'm gonna shock everyone here when I say Kyle actually didn't bother me this episode. Idk, I just always have empathy for the person being gaslighted in secret identity superhero shenanigans. I'm just glad the show didn't try to keep it up for more than an episode, because it inevitably renders your heroes (the people doing the gaslighting) a little less likable, the longer they carry on the ruse. Don't get me wrong, it's fun when people are none-the-wiser, but once they're onto the scent and it comes to that point of having to convince them they're crazy and can't trust what they know to be true in order to keep the secret, it becomes a lot less fun to watch. Actually looking forward to Kyle's scenes in next week's ep!

Glad we're finally into the "Mannheims are definitely The Villains" phase. No more pretending Peia ain't a monster, please.

My favorite part of this episode was Clark trying and failing to bond with the boys. That was such a real dad problem, and I liked that it didn't get tied up in a happy bow at the end. Obviously Clark has better reasons than most for being too busy to hang out with his sons very often, but at the same time, Jon's words had the ring of truth to them, and judging by Clark's face at the end of the conversation, he realized that too.

This season's still on a roll! :up:

Guess I'm gonna shock everyone here when I say Kyle actually didn't bother me this episode. Idk, I just always have empathy for the person being gaslighted in secret identity superhero shenanigans. I'm just glad the show didn't try to keep it up for more than an episode, because it inevitably renders your heroes (the people doing the gaslighting) a little less likable, the longer they carry on the ruse. Don't get me wrong, it's fun when people are none-the-wiser, but once they're onto the scent and it comes to that point of having to convince them they're crazy and can't trust what they know to be true in order to keep the secret, it becomes a lot less fun to watch. Actually looking forward to Kyle's scenes in next week's ep!

giphy.gif

Did Clark have to reveal his identity to Kyle? He could've told him "look, up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane." And then when Kyle is distracted looking up and saying "where? where?" Clark could use that opportunity to make his getaway by shooting off in another direction.

Kyle is just an annoying bastard who has outstayed his welcome by about 40 episodes. If someone saves my child’s life I am not going to go around with a loud mouth and be causing problems for them. Be grateful, idiot. I’m really hating this dude more! Also I need to go back to the early episodes so I can enjoy fun Chrissy again.

I didn’t know Peia was going to recover. I usually miss twists and predictable plot moves :D

Kyle is just an annoying bastard who has outstayed his welcome by about 40 episodes. If someone saves my child’s life I am not going to go around with a loud mouth and be causing problems for them. Be grateful, idiot. I’m really hating this dude more! Also I need to go back to the early episodes so I can enjoy fun Chrissy again.

I didn’t know Peia was going to recover. I usually miss twists and predictable plot moves :D
Yeah, I agree that Kyle is just a pain right now. He's my least favorite character. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"