Season 3, Episode 8: "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" (SPOILERS)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
Official Description:

GREGORY SMITH DIRECTS – In the wake of learning that Bruno (Chad Coleman) and Peia (guest star Daya Vaida) are married, Clark (Tyler Hoechlin) works to reignite Lois' (Elizabeth Tulloch) interest in taking Bruno down; elsewhere, Natalie (Tayler Buck) meets Matteo's (guest star Spence Moore II) parents for the first time, with disastrous consequences. Meanwhile, the Kent boys clash when Jordan (Michael Bishop) interferes with Jonathan's (Alex Garfin) training at the Firehouse, Lana (Emmanuelle Chriqui) bonds with General Lane (Dylan Walsh) over their shared fear of dating again, and Sarah (Inde Navarrette) realizes her mom needs a friend. Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Aaron Helbing.

Promo:

"Hey look! It's your dad!"

Nl0l-Jt0d6-NUW455-YWvr-YCh-G-nk.gif

I liked this episode. I find the Clark/Chrissy pairing endearing. I also love how the investigation into Mannheim will inevitably result in Luthor going free, which seems like a classic Superman bit. He's going to be really smug about it when he shows up.

Now we know why Lex Luthor will arrive in the later part of the season after tonight.

This show does the quiet moments so well. I'm not surprised there's a mini hiatus after this one though since this felt like a turning point in the season here. There was a lot going on.

I get the feeling they're setting Lex up to be the big bad for next season. Obviously, he's coming this year but I could see him getting an even more prominent role next season

Why does the description make it kinda sound like Lana is going to go on a date with General Lane?

It should, because that's what kinda happened. It was weird.

This show does the quiet moments so well. I'm not surprised there's a mini hiatus after this one though since this felt like a turning point in the season here. There was a lot going on.

I get the feeling they're setting Lex up to be the big bad for next season. Obviously, he's coming this year but I could see him getting an even more prominent role next season

That's assuming of course if we get another season from this show. :(

It should, because that's what kinda happened. It was weird.
I didn't get that impression at all. I liked that scene between Sam and Lana. It just felt like two adults with shared experiences helping each other out

That's assuming of course if we get another season from this show. :(
I think we'll get another season or two

I didn't get that impression at all. I liked that scene between Sam and Lana. It just felt like two adults with shared experiences helping each other out

That's definitely the intention of the scene, I'm just playing around. Though the scene did genuinely feel a bit odd, since I can't really remember any meaningful interactions between the two characters before this. Here they were like old friends. It's like we skipped a scene or ten.

Though I could be forgetting something from earlier seasons, and that'd be on me.

That's definitely the intention of the scene, I'm just playing around. Though the scene did genuinely feel a bit odd, since I can't really remember any meaningful interactions between the two characters before this. Here they were like old friends. It's like we skipped a scene or ten.

Though I could be forgetting something from earlier seasons, and that'd be on me.
It did feel odd in that sense, I agree. At least at the beginning of the conversation, but then it became such a good scene that I didn't have any problems with it

Hands down for me best episode of the season. All the emotions and action were on full display and I loved every minute of it.

Well that went down as much as I expected. Basically the fall of Mannheim, interesting that Lex was sent to prison for crimes he didn’t commit, ohhh I can’t wait to see the ramifications on this.

Well that went down as much as I expected. Basically the fall of Mannheim, interesting that Lex was sent to prison for crimes he didn’t commit, ohhh I can’t wait to see the ramifications on this.
upload_2023-5-10_9-55-42.gif

Well, the full family reveal certainly was as explosive as expected. Really escalated quickly, didn't it. I really wasn't expecting Manheim to just go straight at John like that. But I guess its good to fully remind everyone he is the villain.

Clark telling Manheim he will save his wife is just pure Superman. **** off Snyder. And I'm glad that he isn't happy with how the DOJ is treating her. Again, compassionate Superman.

Hoechlin's expression over the concert tickets was perfect. Just perfect dorky Clark. I love him. I do really enjoy Chrissy gong on adventures with Lois and Clark. She is just fun. Glad she finally flew.

I have to admit, while I haven't hated Kyle as much as others. I will say, I really, really enjoy the storyline of him training Jon. It is such a fun storyline for he both of them. Jordan needs to be taken down a peg, though.

Oh, and look, everyone forgot Sophie again.

They know each other from when Lana hosted Lara's mind, so they're not strangers. I don't remember how much screen time they shared, but the general would at least have had a serious talk with the volunteer for that desperate experiment.

Well, the full family reveal certainly was as explosive as expected. Really escalated quickly, didn't it. I really wasn't expecting Manheim to just go straight at John like that. But I guess its good to fully remind everyone he is the villain.

Clark telling Manheim he will save his wife is just pure Superman. **** off Snyder. And I'm glad that he isn't happy with how the DOJ is treating her. Again, compassionate Superman.

Hoechlin's expression over the concert tickets was perfect. Just perfect dorky Clark. I love him. I do really enjoy Chrissy gong on adventures with Lois and Clark. She is just fun. Glad she finally flew.

I have to admit, while I haven't hated Kyle as much as others. I will say, I really, really enjoy the storyline of him training Jon. It is such a fun storyline for he both of them. Jordan needs to be taken down a peg, though.

Oh, and look, everyone forgot Sophie again.
Poor Sophie, lol. :p

John Henry is going to face a tough choice when Lana invites him to the concert. Concerts are loud.

So, Clark, let me see if I understand your stance on this: Bruno and Peia deserve to be held accountable for the harm they've caused, despite their sympathetic qualities, whereas Tal-Rho gets a free pass because of his sympathetic qualities.

Ah, nepotism.

Finally got to watch. Enjoyed this one notably more than last week.

First of all, more Clark and Chrissy team-ups, please! What a delightful duo. I loved Clark's face when he realized how excited she was at the prospect of flying. You can tell he loves showing that one off, must be kind of a bummer when it becomes old hat for everyone else around him who knows the secret. :hehe:

I think the tension between Clark and John Henry over the treatment of Peia is fantastically written, because it makes 100% sense from both their POV's. Neither can truly look at it objectively, due to Nat's and Lois' situations.

The Sam and Lana scenes were kind of random, like "hey we don't have a storyline for either of these characters this week, so let's just put them together!" But they were nice scenes nonetheless. I do enjoy seeing characters interact that don't normally get to.

Jordan was a jerk, but I'm glad they called him on it. Is Kyle gonna suspect Jon's the one with superpowers? Seems like that's where they're going, which could be fun. Yes, I used the word "fun" regarding a potential subplot involving Kyle. Don't get used to it.

And the Romeo & Juliet thing they're doing with Matteo and Nat is kinda cute, ngl. For now, at least.

I have two minor quibbles. 1.) I find it a bit of a....stretch, we'll say, that Clark & Lois (& Superman) fought Lex Luthor for years and were only ever able to hang him for 1 single (not even large-scale) crime, which he didn't commit. Surely Lex was responsible for a lot more than that, no? But I get it, they want a reason to get Lex out of prison. I just wish the writing wasn't so transparent about it, because that's pretty weak sauce to me.

And 2.) Supes, my boy, why you drop down in the middle of a sonic blast you already KNOW will completely debilitate and render you useless, when you could have just swooped in and grabbed the woman from behind?!?! You're supposed to be smart goddammit.

Thank you, Show, for remembering Bruno's a villain. I'll admit you had me worried there recently.

That said, as much as I'm enjoying Bruno, bring on Lex & Bizarro!!! :mrk:

So, Clark, let me see if I understand your stance on this: Bruno and Peia deserve to be held accountable for the harm they've caused, despite their sympathetic qualities, whereas Tal-Rho gets a free pass because of his sympathetic qualities.

Ah, nepotism.

In Tal-Rho's defense, he did help Clark save the world from Ally Alston. Also, I'm assuming Clark doesn't know about all of Tal-Rho's skeletons like he does with Bruno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"