Supergirl Season 4, Episode 20: "Will The Real Miss Tessmacher Please Stand Up?" (SPOILERS)

Something did feel a little strange about his face...
That is the longest we have ever heard him speak in the suit and in daylight.....it just showed the bad cgi that he has always had for a longer length of time and in the light. It has always been horrible... go back and rewatch For The Girl Who Has Everything.....it is just as bad.

I will say, I do like Kelly more than Maggie.

I agree.......much better for Alex.

Kelly seems are lot more grounded than Maggie. But they could surprise us and have them be just friends.

I see bias, though.
:hehe:

I like her better than Maggie too. But I've gotta say, I'm not a fan of their relationship starting out with what's essentially a patient/therapist dynamic, though. That's rarely a good thing.

:hehe:

I like her better than Maggie too. But I've gotta say, I'm not a fan of their relationship starting out with what's essentially a patient/therapist dynamic, though. That's rarely a good thing.

Isn't that unethical? That is what has been bothering me about this whole situation. Other than the fact that they are adding extraneous material this late in the season for Alex, when it could have been done next season if needed. I guess, they wanted Brainy to take the lead in countering Lockwood. But, still makes no sense to have a baby thing in the middle of existential drama. It feels like Alex is in some other show.

Still, I like Kelly (compared to Maggie). As long as they don't reduce Alex to a romantic interest, mom and forget that she is Kara's sister, I don't mind her being away from the field. In fact, I would like her back at the genetics/science field plus Director and support for Kara. Just, these scenes should be inserted at the right time.

May be they got that all over with Maggie, so they won't do that again this time. And, let Alex be. I prefer romance and babies to just be one-off occurrence or a season plot point only when the series is ending. (If you want it. There is nothing wrong with being single; be they men or women or agender or fluid or whatever.)

Oh yeah. But, the way they have presented it, it was more of a casual discussion. But Kelly is a therapist, so in such conversations, will act like a therapist. It happens with my roommate a lot. That they aren't making out already is a good sign that they are not going to rush this into a relationship.

[stares at Maggie]

The sudden reintroduction of the baby story-line just follows that life happens even while trying to save the world. That's been part of the point of Alex's story, that she can be a mother as well as a savior without having to sacrifice one over the other. And since life surprises, then having it suddenly pop up shouldn't fit into an overall plan, it should surprise.

As for a patient/therapist dynamic, I was just seeing it as Kelly being a friend to her brother's friend. She is a therapist, but it didn't feel any different than when Alex would support Kara or vice-versa. Plus, she was using her own experiences to personalize with Alex, which again, they've all done before.

The adoption sub-plot was pure filler, they simply used it as a tool to bring Kelly and Alex closer....nothing more, nothing less. Would have much rather had a sub-plot with them that begins the process of bringing Alex's memories back. A simply, I need help figuring this out Kelly, and you can help.....blah, blah, blah. That way less time taken in the finale episodes for that particular tie up and more time for action. Simply doing that could have meant more action for episode 20, 21 and 22.....but why, I mean this isn't an Action Superhero show.....it's a drama. LOTS OF DRAMA!!!!!!!

To me I saw it begin with James in the hospital, and it was Alex who was helping Kelly through the difficult time, and then again with the last episode and Kelly have problems coming to grips with her father's death. To me this last episode was simply a continuation of the 2 of them helping each other through some difficult times.

On a random note, I know we all scoffed at Kara getting off that plane without Lena noticing, but I've been reading Kurt Busiek's run on Superman this week and there's a great sequence where he does exactly that - basically, he goes into the back lavatory, opens the panel behind the toilet which takes him below deck and uses his heat vision on the latches for the landing gear panels. So, by comic book logic, IT CAN BE DONE! :D

Honestly that didnt bother me a bit, didnt even think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"