The Flash Season 6x13: Grodd Friended Me

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
Plot: Barry conducts an experiment that goes wrong and puts him in Grodd's crosshairs; Iris continues to find a way out of the Mirrorverse.

I'm pretty sure they used their entire CG budget on this episode alone.

I liked this one for the most part. Better than the previous episodes.

Honestly, the last thing this team needs is more people. Not a fan of adding another, especially as Chester just feels like discount Cisco.

Finally getting to see Barry deal with the fallout of the post-crisis world was nice and a big must. This probably should’ve come sooner than later, but I’m glad it was addressed. The opening couple of minutes were quite sad.

All the Nash stuff lately has been interesting That ending tease was especially great.

Excited to see Wally in a couple of weeks.

Overall decent episode....Having 2 completely new people on the team...on comms...with no OGs feels sooooo weird. Sure they are the only ones there so TF doesn't seem crowded but...it's pretty crowded now. I wish they would've worked with what they had instead of finding replacements since it forces them to think outside the box.

So now Pied Piper practically has a glorified Canary Cry but green? If we needed to add anyone to the team...they should've added him! I enjoyed him when he appeared last though it's weird to bring in a semi-major guest character for a completely random scene.

Still weird that the Paragons don't have Prime-memories but everyone else has both set of memories.

Honestly could care less about Nash and his storylines. Unless it leads to a major merge of Wells and we get OG Wells back....just let him disappear.

They keep doing a good job with Grodd, The Flash can give us like a solid 5mins of actual screentime for a CGI gorilla but Supergirl can't even give us Martian Manhunter for longer than 2 seconds.

So umm... why didn't Barry just use his speed to go around Solovar the first time around?

The show actually remebered Pied Piper! Honestly its a shame that they've turned him into a bad guy without any real explaination other than it was a result of Crisis. The way Pied Piper got away looked silly and I don't expect the show to do anything meaningful for this character.

The episode was alright and the CGI on Grodd looks good. I have no idea if they will actually have Grodd achieve some sort of redemption moving forward or if they will have him revert into being a villain again. But I liked Barry and Grodd scenes together.

Chester was annoying and he was clearly there to fill in for Cisco. The actress who plays Kamilla isn't a good actress imo. Honestly the show should stop adding more characters to Team Flash as its starting to feel crowded and perhaps they shouldn't continue with these characters for next season. I feel like the only characters that Team Flash should have are Cisco, Caitlin, Iris and Joe.

Not surprised that Eva has a ulterior motive and I'm assuming that she will be the new Mirror Master. I guess the RF is back and hopefully the show will explain why he didn't show up for Crisis as they've been teasing his role in Crisis since season 1.

Forgot to make a thread this week. Whoops! Thanks @terry78 for stepping up

Mostly a pretty decent episode. I always like seeing Grodd, but this felt a lot like filler and I didn't really care for Chester and Camilla is a fairly poor actress.

I like that it was more focused on Barry and dealing with the post crisis world.

It was nice to get answers regarding Nash Wells, finally.

Can Iris get out of the mirrorverse already? Bored with that thing by now.

Next episode should be interesting with Wally and Cisco both returning

Finally getting to see Barry deal with the fallout of the post-crisis world was nice and a big must. This probably should’ve come sooner than later, but I’m glad it was addressed. The opening couple of minutes were quite sad.
I’m more intrigued as per the circumstances of their death. Presumably Nora still does by the hands of Thawne, but what about Henry? Surely the events surrounding Flash, Zoom and Earth-2 wouldn’t have happened as they happened within the new timeline?

All the Nash stuff lately has been interesting That ending tease was especially great.
As great as it was, Nash isn’t Thawne. Wells wasn’t Thawne. Harry wasn’t Thawne. HR wasn’t Thawne.

My point is, why is Thawne connecting with Nash Wells? Is Nash even aware of who Thawne is, and the part he’s played in Barry’s life?

Still weird that the Paragons don't have Prime-memories but everyone else has both set of memories.
I’ve gotta admit, this one really does irritate me. What’s more confusing is how Gideon is aware of the changes, and managed to calculate them for Barry.

Not surprised that Eva has a ulterior motive and I'm assuming that she will be the new Mirror Master.
What’re we thinking about fake Iris though? Is she a chameleon or something?

I guess the RF is back and hopefully the show will explain why he didn't show up for Crisis as they've been teasing his role in Crisis since season 1.
Don’t expect to see him anytime soon. From previous seasons, the tease of Thawne doesn’t usually pay off until a good number of episodes after. I doubt we’ll actually meet him until April.

Can Iris get out of the mirrorverse already? Bored with that thing by now.
Amen to this.

What’re we thinking about fake Iris though? Is she a chameleon or something?

I think she is what I thought she was in the first place - a version of Mirror Master who has assumed Iris's form, or can use her powers to reflect the appearance of Iris.

What confused me was seeing Eva in the mirror world. But it seems as if there can still be an echo or residual remnant of the person left in the mirror world while a projection or other version of them runs around in the real world. So maybe part of Eva remains inside while another part runs rampant.

And it seems that Eva obviously wants to keep Iris trapped there, not for them to both escape, or for even just Eva to escape and leave Iris there by herself.

Also Frost seems to be virtually Caitlin now, apart from a more sassy attitude. She has all of Caitlin's medical and scientific knowledge and acts like her during the time Barry was unconscious and she was monitoring his vital signs. It was pretty much like Caitlin in a fancy dress costume.

And have we seen a different Wells each week? Last week we thought maybe it was Harry but then perhaps it could've been Thawne. But maybe in week 1 it was Harry, week 2 it was Thawne and week 3 it was Sherloque, but all really Thawne behind it all.

And have we seen a different Wells each week? Last week we thought maybe it was Harry but then perhaps it could've been Thawne. But maybe in week 1 it was Harry, week 2 it was Thawne and week 3 it was Sherloque, but all really Thawne behind it all.
Nash never met any of the other Wells characters though, so the need for Thawne to portray any of them seems a little ... out of place?

I agree about Frost/Caitlin too. They’re practically the same person now. The whole dual identity should’ve been compromised by a physical split, having someone else portray Frost.

Caitlin said at the end that she was going to contact Argus. I can't remember if she said she was contacting Lyla though. If she was, is Lyla still working there? I thought she and Diggle were moving to Metropolis. Who runs Argus now?

I assume we'll still see Arrow characters popping up every now and then, and that their stories haven't completely ended after the close of that show?

Can we just get Iris off the show

I've no interest in Nash. And I don't want to see Thawne unless it's Letscher playing.

I honestly forgot why Cisco hasn't been around.

I figured the mirror stuff would be revealed to me some sort of lie.

I've no interest in Nash. And I don't want to see Thawne unless it's Letscher playing.
I’d echo this, however unless there’s a Thawne origin story I think we’re gunna be stuck with Tom portraying character as he’s already on the payroll and Matt is attached to another project; more difficult for him to do the scenes and Tom was introduced as Reverse Flash first.

I'm fed up of Tom's portrayal of Reverse Flash. Him playing all these other versions of Wells was his own undoing. Now when he plays Thawne, who knows who he is really playing? We see bits of Harry in there or some other alternate version and it's just a diluted Thawne.

Matt's portrayal is the more consistent version and he looks more like the character anyway.

I'm fed up of Tom's portrayal of Reverse Flash. Him playing all these other versions of Wells was his own undoing. Now when he plays Thawne, who knows who he is really playing? We see bits of Harry in there or some other alternate version and it's just a diluted Thawne.

Matt's portrayal is the more consistent version and he looks more like the character anyway.

it all comes down to who's available and if the writers want to bring the RF back...originally it was thawne, who when got stuck on earth basically killed the real harrison wells and took his identity/look.

so unless the writers either explain that thawne can make himself look like others the way he did in season 1, OR they would have to explain how he permanently looks like wells and not thawne (his original self).

RF is eobard thawne, NOT harrison wells.....so even after crisis the RF should look like thawne not wells as RF wouldn't need to hide his real identity anymore like he did in season 1 when he was fooling everyone, he had to take on the identity of wells to get barry his speed to help him get back home....regardless of how the timeline has changed there's no need for RF to pretend to look like wells as barry already knows what thawne really looks like and who he is....same stupidity that happened with nora talking to RF, it wasn't the thawne look it was wells which really should've resembled thawne not wells but my guess is the actor was not available for those parts so they had to use wells instead.

also wells has had enough roles in this tv series he doesn't need anymore....it would be nice to the real eobard thawne back if they ever decide to use the RF.

Decent episode, but still feels like the show has lost a step. Also I'm not really liking this new interaction of Mirror Master, the plot seems contrived and uninspiring. I miss the original at least he felt more realistic he was a common thug who used his ability to get revenge .

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"