The Flash Season 7x18: Heart of the Matter, part 2

"The Flash enlists a host of speedster allies, including Iris and his children from the future - Bart and Nora-West Allen to end the speedster war and defeat a deadly new adversary: The villainous Godspeed."

Isis isn't a god damned Speedster. :rolleyes:

I seriously hope they don't wrap the Godspeed arc up this season. That character has to have far more potential than a lame attempt at the Clone Wars.

"The Flash enlists a host of speedster allies, including Iris and his children from the future - Bart and Nora-West Allen to end the speedster war and defeat a deadly new adversary: The villainous Godspeed."

Isis isn't a god damned Speedster. :rolleyes:

I seriously hope they don't wrap the Godspeed arc up this season. That character has to have far more potential than a lame attempt at the Clone Wars.

Iris is a speedster. "We are the Flash" remember?

Is this the season finale?

We-are-the-Flash.jpg

Iris is a speedster. "We are the Flash" remember?

Is this the season finale?

Why exactly does Godspeed want to be organic speed and be the fastest man alive? Just because?

Still hate The Speed Force has taken a permanent physical embodiment and takes "sides".

Love JPK but hardcore fangirling does not suit her acting style.

How convenient that whatshername gains speed out of nowhere. Just when one Godspeed tries to kill Joe while everyone else is fighting each other.

This really has to be the corniest final fight I've seen in a long time. These Godspeeds are like Power Rangers putties. The thing is....none of them are doing anything that Killer Frost and Vibe couldnt do but they are for some reason not part of the fight.

Lightning Sabers! omg this is so...omg. Very comicbooky I guess? Cheesy as bad place.

The writers really could've pulled a good reverse big bad with Reverse Flash helping Barry and then beating him and killing someone on Team Flash before Barry beats him again....but no. They had to take their easy way out.

Speedforce is able to remove other Speedsters memories?

I've really grown to hate singing on CW shows...EVERY show has to have someone who sings.

Last edited:
The second most epic light saber duel in the history of Star Wars!

Definitely a hit and miss finale. There were things I really enjoyed and others I didn't. It started off strong as I liked the conversation between Barry and Heart, I liked seeing the Flash Family fighting together, the final fight started off well too until Thawne and the light sabers showed up.

What I didn't like was Iris randomly getting speed for no reason and Cavanaugh lost it as Thawne. He just doesn't have it anymore and I'd rather they go with Letscher.

Overall a mixed bag of a season. A few episodes I really enjoyed and a good portion that were silly and overly cheesy. I can't blame them for having to wrap up season 6 in the first few episodes and having to deal with Covid issues but the Speed Force arc went on for far too long. I'm not sure which season I prefer between 4-7 since each has one some good with the bad.

Here's to hoping season 8 comes out swinging.

I agree with you about Letcher @Web-Head , they should've totally got him back for the role, especially if next season is to be the last. Gotta' have Thawne as who he is, not a face mask. Presumably Thawne will play a large part in the next (and final) season.

I'm shocked and disappointed at how they've concluded Godspeed; so much potential wasted by amnesia and clones. Why? I can't help but feel they've wasted Garrick here as well, but I suppose there's still time for him?

And Thawne for the save? Seems a very big gamble bringing back a villain that's bad place bent on killing Barry too. Creating one problem to solve another?

Iris as a speedster too? Seriously can we just drop that forever. Iris isn't a speedster. She doesn't need to be.

A concluding thought, now that August has been stopped and apprehended, doesn't that mean the future for Bart and Nora has been changed? Their whole existence (and memories) should be different the moment they go back home, unless the speed force conveniently allows them to retain, but the whole four forces plot is another sour taste best saved to discuss another time.

I'm begrudgingly glad the next season will be the last.

I agree Cavanaugh seems like he forgot how to play thawne and it really made no sense for him to be thawne reincarnated

So I just watched this and the season finale of Season Seven. Honestly I have mixed feelings.

Overall, I think The Flash has definitely lost it footing and pacing as a series. It’s glory days are definitely behind them and Team Flash was most effective when it was just the trio and Harrison Wells/Harry Wells

the whole Godspeed arc turned out to be exactly what I foresaw which was a Savitar wannabe with a lot of bark and no bite ( All Flash & spectacle but no substance).

That being said The actor cast for Bart Allen was on point and actually is very much like comic book Wally West/kid Flash.

I thought Nora 2.0 was a bit of a brat with more immaturity rather than a more mature.

loved seeing Jay and Joan Garrick again. The actors have sweet chemistry.

As for Caitlin and Cisco back as team

For a 150 episode I felt slightly underwhelming

These season finales seem to be having some weird editing choices. Did we really need to have the flash back 2 minutes to see Frost and Vibe?

I really did enjoy seeing the Allen family together. Its been a long time. And as much as I enjoy Nora and really enjoyed Bart, it does sort of impress that these writers do not quite get family like other shows. Nora and Bart are probably the only reason I would return next season, given just how awful the writing has been this season.

It was nice seeing them renew their vows. Also good to remember that Cecille and Joe still aren't married, and they have a 4-5 year old daughter we haven't seen in years. Just needed a scene of Speed Force Nora blocking wherever Oliver and Felicity are from somehow making it a duel renewal.

Would have been nice to have Wally back, but at least they tried.

Also, thank you internet for not letting me down.

With having so many Speedsters in one place, I am so sad that no one bts thought "lets get a team photo!"

This would've been a good place to end the series. It came to a natural end with them renewing their vows.

Since Iris always says "we are the Flash" wouldn't it have made more sense for her to wear a red costume like the Flash?

Definitely agree Cavanagh doesn't know how to play Thawne anymore. But that's been the case for ages. It was all those alternate Wells every season. But why didn't they get Timeless Wells to come for the renewal?

And how come Cecile and Joe aren't married? Did they decide against it? I thought they were married all that time.

Like most, I like Bart and Nora. Nora was a bit too bratty and whiny, so they need to mature her a bit. Oh, and never let Bart sing again! Dear God... I did not need a music video tossed in there, and gladly skipped ahead!
Other good parts were Jay and Joan. I would be very happy with a show centered on either the older Jay as the Flash or the 'kids,' or a mix of the two.
What's not to like... Barry, just getting a Spped boost from Force Nora is not a plan. That's just hitting the gas pedal. And suddenly they are knocking all the clones over like feathers, where they had zero ability before to win. And again, how exactly were these clones somehow able to best them all almost all the time.
Except for Vibe and Frost, of course. Two non-speedsters taking out speedsters right and left. And what was that 2 minute time-flashback they had?? That served nothing.
Also, once again someone just wants more speed!!! I hope the villain for the last season has a better motivation than that! At least Savitar had a good reason for being a bad guy. Godspeed was just an envious little shirte. And how was he faster and better than Barry? With a false speedforce the guy could outrun and outfight Barry as well as make dozens of speed-clones. Why the bad place was he wasting his time trying to get a boost from the natural speed force? I mean, the 'civil war' was his idea to throw Team Flash off what was really happening, but if he had just decided to attack all at once, he would have won.
Once more with the stupid villains who love to chew scenery...

Just reboot with older Jay as the star, mentoring Nora and Bart!

I will say though, that Iris being s speedster didn't come from nowhere. She was a speedster a season or two back, and has had the spark for it ever since. Nor Force Nora giving her a boost to full speed status isn't out there. Question though is, will she be a full speedster next season as well?

I know godspeed was already full of velocity making which seemed faster than barry, but to be even faster wanted organic speed which barry gave him...this made him basically invincible, and yet again how can the show still have barry saying he's the fastest man alive, it's actually august heart.

the fact that godspeed easily took on the RF and the flash makes him fit his character name quite well "godspeed"....they were no match for him even before he got organic speed.

the fight scenes were ok but nothing spectacular in my opinion....barry is supposed to be the most powerful yet he looked weak amongst all of them. The scene where they all use powers, jay uses his hat, bart uses ninja stars, nora used her whip, and what does barry do the same old throw ligthing....the writers fail again at making barry look powerful, the only good scene was with thawne, where he throws thawne without even flinching, that only showed he was faster than thawne or how I took it.

In barry's defense, it's easier for your children to learn from there parents and do things at a younger age, so other than what barry learned from thawne, he's had to learn everything else on his own.

The frustrating part is even with his boost in powers from now having access to all the 4 forces, and even nora (speedforce) saying he's faster than he's ever imagined he still stood no chance to godspeed....which in my opinion is another version of zoom in a lot of ways.

why can't the speedforce just remove the organic speed from august, she can remove the memories...it seemed as though thawne spearing him did not finish the job, and that he still has organic speedforce in him....I don't get how godspeed can take speed away yet the speedforce can't take godspeeds speed away for good.....he's locked up in iron heights with his memory erased from the speed force, no mention of his powers being removed.

with barry having such a strong connection with the speedforce, he should be the one displaying speedforce powers that the others can not do, like taking and giving speedforce, or some other ability that none of them can do....barry is the hero what he seems watered down in comparison to the other speedsters on the show, he has his moments and always prevails in the end, but you can't keep saying he's powerful and not show it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"