The Flash The Flash Season 4 Episode 16: "Run, Iris, Run"

Believe it or not, it's still called The Flash and not Team Flash or The Iris. S2-present, Barry has to be stupid, selfish and slow to prop up the supporting characters' relevance. S2 was the team flash show and after that it's been the Iris show. So to be fair, Iris replaced team flash as the primary problem because it's been her show since s3. Iris and the team don't have to leave the show, but they sure as heck should be recurring on an as needed basis. If the story don't require them, don't show them. This M.O. of everyone has to have a scene and lines in every ep makes for clunky storytelling and it shows. Legends is doing it right, why can't Flash.

Sorry, but the lead is the lead no matter the gender. The male or female lead is a courtesy title for a supporting character or if they're co-leads. Flash and Arrow don't have co-leads, try again. But if they ever change to The Iris or Felicity or Central City or Star City, then it can be said Candice and Emily are leads.

Can't debate reason with a brick wall. It's been tried, somehow falls short each time.

152 comments for a filler episode :funny: like I’ve said before, Iris is the only character on the show who still generates buzz.

Why wasn't Killer Frost the one fighting the guy with fire powers? She seems like the most appropriate one. She could've simply frozen that fire cyclone and then Iris could've shattered it. Why the need for a tidal wave? Why would Harry even need to use the thinking cap to figure that out when they've managed perfectly fine without one all these years?

Killer Frost could have taken this one, but the show is called The Iris now.

Why wasn't Killer Frost the one fighting the guy with fire powers? She seems like the most appropriate one. She could've simply frozen that fire cyclone and then Iris could've shattered it. Why the need for a tidal wave? Why would Harry even need to use the thinking cap to figure that out when they've managed perfectly fine without one all these years?

It was definitely weak writing on that aspect but when you try to bring logic into it, Barry could've stopped 99% of the freaks of the weeks in 1 minute.

I always love me a good parallel!

I usually don't like the obligatory "supporting character temporarily gets the hero's powers", but the Flash handed it very well. Not only did the narrative have a better built-in gimmick for the transference, but the outcome was better than just awe of the protagonist's consistency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"