The Flash Season 6x7: The Last Temptation of Barry Allen (pt 1)

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
The Last Temptation of Barry Allen, Pt. 1 (2019)

As Barry Allen stands on the threshold of his impending death in Crisis, his convictions are tested when the monstrous Dr. Ramsey Rosso infects The Flash with a mysterious, hallucinogenic contagion. Meanwhile, reporter Iris West-Allen uncovers a vast conspiracy.

I hope this halucogen doesn't cause flashbacks, turning this into a double episode clip show.

Great episode last night. Both Barry and Oliver had a terrible week as far as being stuck in these other worlds. Gustin brought his A+ game and just solidifies why, for me, he's the strongest of the Arrowverse leads, in particular when Barry just wanted to hold Nora, even though he knew it wasn't real and just wanted to pretend.

Solid episode, but definitely a weird one. Next episode almost looks like a finale, which makes sense. This season is still off to a great start. Props to the new showrunner

I suspected that wasn't him at the end but that he gave in to Ramsey. I hope next week is the last we see of Bloodwork though.

But even if Barry did become permanently possessed, how would the Monitor allow that? Isn't Barry's fate in the crisis already preordained?

This could've been a way Barry became Savitar instead of it being a speed remnant. It could've just been Barry corrupted by Bloodwork.

This episode was great, though I'm still looking forward to being rid of Bloodwork as a villain. Very interested in seeing how they lead into Crisis next ep.

This could've been a way Barry became Savitar instead of it being a speed remnant. It could've just been Barry corrupted by Bloodwork.

Would have been a lot better than the what they had.

Great episode though. Made up for last week's by a mile! Kind of figured Barry had lost when they cut so quickly to him just waking up after that tug-of-war. Next weeks looks like a definite 'zombie outbreak' episode.

But even if Barry did become permanently possessed, how would the Monitor allow that? Isn't Barry's fate in the crisis already preordained?
I think this is one of those instances where we must turn a blind eye, in the same way when Ollie was having his groundhog day thing, he never ones made a call to Barry and asked him to whisk him off to the future or whatever (or many of the other examples where Ollie could've used Barry's help).

Maybe the Monitor didn't account for Bloodwork, or maybe there's something with the speedforce that the Monitor can't get involved with, and as Bloodwork is now in the speedforce (or has control of it) the Monitor is unable to be involved? Hopefully that'll be explained a little more, but I'm expecting them to defeat Bloodwork and that'll be the end of it, with no explanation provided.

That is, unless this is just another part of the plan, and the Monitor is further testing Barry by allowing this to happen so that Barry can break free of it all, saving the multiverse and himself in the process?

This would've made so much more sense, and paid off a whole lot more too.

This episode was great, though I'm still looking forward to being rid of Bloodwork as a villain. Very interested in seeing how they lead into Crisis next ep.
Geez, this episode was one of the better episodes we’ve had. Enjoyed it a lot! Hmmm maybe because it had NO Ralph and Cecile and was BARRY-centric. Loved Barry’s struggle this episode — basically a more intense version of “The Runaway Dinosaur” — also lended itself to an intense performance from Grant. Loved the way the episode ended/didn’t resolve. The show is gearing up!

Finally got around to watching the episode, I really enjoyed it. I’ve found the Speed Force episodes to be some of the more enjoyable ones and this was no exception. Grant’s acting was stellar and Barry’s inner struggle was nice to see.

Really glad Bloodwork isn’t going to be carrying the full season because this story feels a little stretched out as it already is (and we’ve even had two filler episodes). I’m excited to see what they do with the rest of the season.

I enjoyed the episode a lot. It's gotten dark, However, I am growing tired of this arc, and look forward to it wrapping up. I like the tone and the direction of the episode, but not so much a fan of the Bloodwork character. It is too much to throw at the characters when they should be preparing for the coming crisis, which in continuity, is literally two days away.

How come the newspaper article Iris wrote hasn't changed because Barry was possessed by Bloodwork? What if that became permanent?

My biggest issue was not telling Iris what was up. Basically a whole day with no contact? Weird.

My biggest issue was not telling Iris what was up. Basically a whole day with no contact? Weird.

Well, she was there for him when he woke up in the beginning. Also, neither Cisco nor Killer Frost knew what Barry was going through until it was too late. Once they got to him, his temp was rising to dangerous levels that could kill him. If Ralph or anyone else was in SL at the time, they could've called Iris. However, this was an emergency and they didn't have the time to stop and call Iris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"