The Flash The Flash season 2 episode 16 "Trajectory"

I was hoping that the end would be Barry running so fast that he disappears and ends up in a parallel universe which leads into next weeks Supergirl episode. I was hoping for some continuity even across different networks. Instead we got him screaming at the sky...

That's because the episode where Barry crosses over to Supergirl's world is out of sync with Supergirl now that we had this long break. It won't air until April 5th, which is the week (not even the day) after the crossover airs.

Not proper coordination between networks is my first guess.
it was creepy the way trajectory died. But i can't be leave she was faster than barry
BELIEVE IT!!

=p

I'm really getting tired of Barry getting is ass kicked/made to look like a fool when he goes up against a new foe, then after a pep talk and pat on the shoulders from the team, he finds the strength to beat them. This formula has been done to death!

It will continue, unfortunately.
I got tired of being tired by it, I gave up on giving it too much thought.

Barry hasn't been jobbing as much lately. Trajectory beat him legit because she was faster than him. He curbstomped Reverse-Flash earlier in the season. He tried to do the lightning throw on King Shark who lucked out once and clotheslined him. Second time he created a whirlpool in the ocean making his lightning throw super effective (pun). All without the help of his team or a pep talk. He's getting better and is becoming more of a proactive hero. I'd still like to see some more smack talk from Barry to the bad guys and using his powers in his everyday life.

Not being from the States and having no actual idea of how production goes, I'm genuinely curious- don't they know during shooting when a particular episode would air? And if they do, why are the Flash/ Supergirl episodes out of sync vis-a-vis the crossover?

Again, not complaining, genuinely curious.

Flash getting the crap beat out of him before winning seemed to be a theme of the 1960s comics. I remember that Carmine Infantino seemed to be the king of drawing agony.

Another thing that was in the comics was that Professor Zoom and Reverse Flash were just two names for the same guy. It's thrown me off in this series before I finally accepted they weren't doing that.

>> But Caitlin made 8 and 9 with in the show which was when she told Jay the last one "9' was restoring HIS CELLS and curing him in the episode when zoom took him way. But when she told barry this week about it she made the weird contradiction's that is was all always velocity 9 that was killing Jay.

Word... I thought I remembered that as well!

So it's still a mystery which Garrick is Zoom. We saw one holding the body of the other while no one was watching, so no need to fake it. But Cisco vibes on the helmet of the fallen one so... we still don't know.

Maybe there's a Garrick of earth one?

Flash getting the crap beat out of him before winning seemed to be a theme of the 1960s comics. I remember that Carmine Infantino seemed to be the king of drawing agony.

Another thing that was in the comics was that Professor Zoom and Reverse Flash were just two names for the same guy. It's thrown me off in this series before I finally accepted they weren't doing that.

>> But Caitlin made 8 and 9 with in the show which was when she told Jay the last one "9' was restoring HIS CELLS and curing him in the episode when zoom took him way. But when she told barry this week about it she made the weird contradiction's that is was all always velocity 9 that was killing Jay.

Word... I thought I remembered that as well!

So it's still a mystery which Garrick is Zoom. We saw one holding the body of the other while no one was watching, so no need to fake it. But Cisco vibes on the helmet of the fallen one so... we still don't know.

Maybe there's a Garrick of earth one?

They aren't not doing that, Zoom in the comics is not the same character as Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash/Thawne.

Or maybe you're saying Zoom != Professor Zoom, which is pretty confusing. Haven't they been using both names in the TV show?

Or maybe you're saying Zoom != Professor Zoom, which is pretty confusing. Haven't they been using both names in the TV show?

No, Professor Zoom is just another name for Reverse Flash, Zoom (Not Professor Zoom, just "Zoom") is an entirely separate character created during Wally West's run as the Flash. As far as I can recall the name Professor Zoom has not been used at all on the show.

I thought the same way but then Jay did mention that he had been chasing Zoom for two years.
Also, I think the two of them are somehow connected to that man in the cage. I think he is the real Jay Garrick and the two of them just somehow got splitted after the particle accelerator exploded.

They aren't not doing that, Zoom in the comics is not the same character as Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash/Thawne.
I agree on the V9 curing the Jay part! I mean come on , do they really expect us to forget that detail after the hiatus?

This was another solid episode

As for the whole Zoom thing, I'm sticking with my theory that Jay has split into three. Kind of like the way Lex split into 2 in the Smallville episode Onyx. Only this is a side effect if the velocity drug splitting Jay into three.

I'm sticking by my theory of Jay and Hunter being twins separated at birth on both worlds, a la Barry and Malcolm Thawne in the comics.

This theory works, so would that make Jay of Earth 1 the man in the iron mask?

I really liked this episode but I just gotta comment on the physics or what have you of this show. I can live with the fact that Team Flash can track a speedster in real time or even having a conversation with Flash while he is running. But when he's about to jump the canyon and they say to themselves "He's not gonna make it!" that's just too much. There's no way that they would even have time to think anything about anything before Flash has already jumped across (or failed his jump) the canyon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"