• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics Secret War

Vile

The Future is Vile
Reaction score
I just picked up the Secret War 'paperback' as it were and I must say I was quite impressed - over all, I liked the story and execution of it all and the art was simply fantastic. Very cool indeed.

I do have some questions though...

In the story its said that SHIELD picks up Jason Macendale after he, as the Jack O'Lantern, robs a bank in New Mexico.

His file stats that he was the second Hobgoblin 'until his death at the hands of the original Hobgoblin'.

He also has multiple aliases including: Maguire Beck and Mad Jack.

Okay okay...

As far as Secret War is concerned, Macendale is indeed dead at the hands of Kingsley. Check.

But before that, aparently he was parading around New Mexico as the Jack O'Lantern again and aparently SHIELD has reason to believe that he's somehow Quentin Beck's female counsin, Maguire Beck who paraded around as Mad Jack...

Is my continuety off or when Maguire Beck aka Mad Jack was around and doing her thing Macendale had already been offed by Kingsley...

Besides that, WHY would Fury think Macendale was a female cousin of Quentin Beck?! She was clearly captured at the end of Mysterio Manifesto...again, I believe Macendale was dead at this time.

I could be off and all, and if so I apologize - if not, how could Bendis **** this up? Why? I just find it really sloppy, if it is indeed true.

My second observation is...

Who is the new Hobgoblin that showed up in the kickass armor? This here is all discussion as they really dont reveal anything and list his real name as 'Unknown'. Nonetheless, I really doubt it's Kingsley as he doesnt seem to be one to be lulled into such a fiasco. Thoughts?

Anywho, thanks for any and all input!

vile said:
As far as Secret War is concerned, Macendale is indeed dead at the hands of Kingsley. Check.

But before that, aparently he was parading around New Mexico as the Jack O'Lantern again and aparently SHIELD has reason to believe that he's somehow Quentin Beck's female counsin, Maguire Beck who paraded around as Mad Jack...

this is where you lose me. u sed macendale was parading around... and then state SHIELD think macendale is a female character?? huh? i think you meant SHIELD thought Mad Jack was Maguire Beck. reread what you wrote and maybe i'll be able to help you more, but yes macendale has been dead since 1997 and secret war is relatively new. thought i'd help by confirming that :up:

at least i think that helps. its hard to tell.

What I mean is - according to the Book, before Macendale is killed by Kingsley he aparently went back to being Jack O' Lantern and was picked up by Shield.

Shields lists both Maguire Beck and Mad Jack as his aliases.

My question: Why would SHIELD assume Macendale is Maguire Beck/Mad Jack?

Maguire Beck is, of course, a WOMAN who was VERY much Mad Jack. She was captured by Daredevil and Spidey so....why would Shield list her as one of Macendale's aliases.

Does this make more sense?

yes, thanx. but i cant help any further i didnt read SECRET WAR!! but now you've explained it a bit further im sure somebody could help you. so in other words *bump*

Thanks for the bump!

It certainly is kinda weird, and I find it hard to believe anyone could mess up something like that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"