Comics Sensational Spider-Man (2006)

OcStat

Sidekick
Reaction score
sorry if this has been asked, but i didnt see a thread for it.

why did this series start at issue 23? the last sensational spider-man series(that started with ben reilly as spidey) ended with issue 32...

sorry if this has been asked, but i didnt see a thread for it.

why did this series start at issue 23? the last sensational spider-man series(that started with ben reilly as spidey) ended with issue 32...

Aloha,
Good question. Sensational Spider-Man starring Ben Reilly ended with #33. Marvel Knights Spider-Man started with #1 and became Sensational Spider-Man with #23 but is not considered volume 2 of Sensational.I refer to it as MK/Sensational Spider-Man.Why did Marvel do this? Heaven only knows:huh:
Spidey rules

It picked up the numbering from Marvel Knights Spider-Man which ended at #22. Unfortunately, Marvel is always messing around with the numbering of their books.

Oops! You just beat me Donald.

I have a question. Is Angel Medina the main penciller of this series? And why he always can't finish an arc without another penciller take his place for an issue or two? :cmad:

Aloha,
Good question. Sensational Spider-Man starring Ben Reilly ended with #33. Marvel Knights Spider-Man started with #1 and became Sensational Spider-Man with #23 but is not considered volume 2 of Sensational.I refer to it as MK/Sensational Spider-Man.Why did Marvel do this? Heaven only knows:huh:
Spidey rules
They did it because Marvel had officially discontinued their "Marvel Knights" line of comics, and thusly, didn't want MK Spider-Man to remain titled as such.

I guess they could have just made it "Spider-Man", but that would've raised its own problems, wouldn't it?

ohh that makes sense. i have all of marvel knights spider-man too. that totally went right over my head.

They did it because Marvel had officially discontinued their "Marvel Knights" line of comics, and thusly, didn't want MK Spider-Man to remain titled as such.

I guess they could have just made it "Spider-Man", but that would've raised its own problems, wouldn't it?

Aloha,
I guess Marvel has run out of adjectives:woot: But then, adjectiveless Spider-Man was also a title.:wow: Goodyear-Goodrich -you get confused.
Spidey rules-no there's a title they haven't used yet

Aloha,
I guess Marvel has run out of adjectives:woot: But then, adjectiveless Spider-Man was also a title.:wow: Goodyear-Goodrich -you get confused.
Spidey rules-now there's a title they haven't used yet

Not to knock Marvel here, but as a Spidey fan for over 15 years, I didn't see the point in relaunching several of the key titles around 1999/2000. Since Amazing went back to its original numbering, I wish Marvel had also allowd the original Spectacular and Web titles to continue being printed.

They did it to attract new readers an' because they tried to revamp Spidey's origin (Capter One) an' his swingin' single status (MJ was "killed") in order to make him more accessable. Basically the same crap they're pullin' now just with higher numbers.

Yeah, such a great character as Spider-Man is often f**cked over by Marvel's staff. It really ticks me off. The only decent Spidey story I enjoyed since 2000 has probably been issue 500, not only because the series returned to its original numbering, but because the flashbacks were pretty neat.

This is off topic, but I need to get it off my chest. I was really upset with Marvel for killing off Captain America. I could have eventually lived with that decision, but I read somewhere that Marvel is planning to make a new Cap, just not Steve Rogers. WTF? What was the entire point of the whole "Death of a Legend" if you are bringing him back in a few months? Please Marvel, don't give me that crap about someone else carrying on the mantle of Cap. This sounds alot like an evil more f**cked up version of the clone saga to me. Civil War, the death of Cap, and Spidey's unmasking should have never taken place to begin with, at least in my book.

Aloha,
Spidey rules

I think the reason Marvel don't call current Sensational Vol 2 is because of the ASM#500 screw up. Once Marvel cheated by deciding to go from ASM Vol2 back to Vol1 just so there could be an issue 500, they seem to have never listed any Volume on any of the Spider-man titles interiors.
Whoever decided it would be a good idea to end the first Volume of ASM at 442 was a ******.
It should have ran to 500 and then began a fresh volume.

Aloha,
Spidey rules-now there's a title they haven't used yet

Another thing that often confuses peeps (though not me, heh) is Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-man #1-133 and Peter Parker Spider-man #75-98 (Vol1) and PPSM #1-57 Vol2.
That was another stupid and pointless decision by Marvel- to rename adjectiveless Spider-man PP,
thus forever damming it to be confused w/ the original incarnation of Spectacular.

'Cause they wanted to reaffirm Peter was back in the webs after the Clone Saga. Also, no comic has the volume listed anymore. Marvel or DC.

Yeah, I own both the PP:SSM 1 and PP:SM and I remember thinking that was "Spider-Man" now taking the place of "Spectacular," only to find next month that SSM 241 came out and the series was not cancelled.

I can't see MJ leaving Peter in a non-Amazing title, let alone leaving him and giving him away to SHIELD in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"