Comics Spider-Man Solicitations for Nov. 06

Kraven

Sidekick
Reaction score
The thread title is pretty self explanatory...
Covers will be coming soon, once I figure out which is which.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #102
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils and Cover by MARK BAGLEY
“CLONE SAGA”
The revelations continue as we learn the secrets of Ben Reilly! Peter Parker tries his best to evade capture by Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D., plus—the transformation of Mary Jane Watson—into what?! And just for good measure—the scarlet sicko, Carnage, goes on the rampage! Part 5 (of 7)
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

SPIDER-MAN

AMAZING SPIDER-GIRL #2

Written by TOM DEFALCO
Pencils and Cover by RON FRENZ
Mayday’s ambivalence about returning to the spider-life may prove fatal for one of her closest friends! Believing that Spider-Girl could be a volunteer at St. Andrews Shelter, a brand-new super-assassin targets all the teenage girls and sets his sights on Courtney Duran! Introducing an all-new super-villain and a guest appearance of the Hobgoblin!
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #538
Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI
Pencils & Cover by RON GARNEY
Conclusion to “THE WAR AT HOME,” an official tie-in to “Civil War.”
The Civil War shaking the Marvel Universe races to its climax -- with Spider-Man caught right in the middle. Where else would we expect to find him?
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #14
Written by PETER DAVID
Pencils and Cover by SCOT EATON
It’s the return of Peter Parker’s old flame, Deb Whitman! Unfortunately for Peter, she’s written a tell-all memoir about her relationship with him, entitled “How Spider-Man Ruined My Life.” Ouch! As if that weren’t bad enough, the Vulture has been set loose from prison to scavenge for Spider-Man, but who’s behind his release and what nefarious scheme do they have up their sleeve?
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN #32
Written by ROBERTO AGUIRRE-SACASA
Penciled by SEAN CHEN
Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN
SPIDER-MAN UNMASKED Tie-In!
STAND-ALONE ISSUE!!
THE HUSBAND OR THE SPIDER?
Through thick and thin, for better or for worse, Mary Jane Watson-Parker has always stood by her man’s side, supporting him in all his decisions. But as Peter’s latest choices have cost him and his family plenty—perhaps too much—has MJ finally reached the breaking point? The first of three one-shots focusing on the women in Peter Parker’s life post-unmasking!
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

SPIDER-MAN LOVES MARY JANE #12
Written by SEAN MCKEEVER
Pencils and Cover TAKESHI MIYAZAWA
The school paper wants to print a piece on Midtown High’s two biggest flirts. So, naturally, that means in-depth interviews with Harry Osborn and...Mary Jane Watson?!
32 PGS./All Ages ...$2.99

SPIDER-MAN AND POWER PACK #1 (of 4)
Written by MARC SUMERAK
Pencils and Cover by GURIHIRU
Zero-G! Lightspeed! Mass Master! Energizer! Together, they are Marvel’s youngest super heroes -- POWER PACK! When the Power family returns to New York for another exciting adventure, it isn’t long before our super siblings find themselves fighting side-by-side with everyone’s favorite wall-crawler -- the Amazing Spider-Man! But even with Spidey’s help, can they possibly hope to take down both the Sandman and the Vulture?!
32 PGS./All Ages ...$2.99

SPIDER-MAN FAMILY FEATURING SPIDER-CLAN
Written by C. B. CEBULSKI
Pencils and Cover by SKOTTIE YOUNG
Peter Parker—a.k.a. Spider-Man—is the last survivor of the secret ninja group known as the Spider-Clan...or so he thought. But when Peter is attacked at the grave site of his Uncle Ben, he goes on a quest to learn the truth behind his origins—and he won’t like what he learns! The heat never lets up in this all-new, double-sized thrill ride from C.B. Cebulski and Skottie Young! Plus—thrill to some of the greatest exploits from the past of Spidey’s many incarnations, with reprints of Spider-Man 2099 #3! Also reprints Amazing Spider-Man #252 and from Marvel Shadows & Light #2 "The Date".
104 PGS./Rated A ...$4.99

Why is Deb Whitman writing a tell all book?? She has no reason to hate Peter. NONE!!!

I'll be getting USM and Amazing......Spider-Girl!! :D

I'm getting SSm as well, but the solicit sounds too much like foreshadowing to me....

Spider-Girl's back! :up:

(So I'm guessing the relaunch was just an attempt to boost sales.)

Sounds good, although I'm dreading the solicitation for Sensational, as it seems to be leading to the seemingly inevitable end of Mary Jane. But not only do we have to deal with that, but also the fact that MJ is going to be po'd at Peter for something SHE suggested he do.
"Why don't you unmask yourself to the world honey? Great, now I'm leaving you because of the numerous reprucussions that it caused."
Ugh. Not looking forward to that at all.

Feel free to correct me on any of the covers if they're wrong... which some probably will be :o:
USM #102
ULTSM102_400_col.jpg

ASG #2
ASPIG002_cov.jpg

FNSM #14
FRNDSM014.jpg

SSM #32
SENSAT032.jpg

Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane #12
SMLOVMJ012_col.jpg

Spider-Man and Power Pack #1
SM_Pow_Pack001_COV.jpg

Spider-Man Family
SMFAM003_cov.jpg

KingOfDreams said:
(So I'm guessing the relaunch was just an attempt to boost sales.)

Isn't it always? ;)

Hmm, it says that Sensational will have three one-shots focusing on three women of Peter's life. Who's the third besides MJ and Aunt May?

As for Amazing, because of the delays in all the Civil War-related stuff, number 536 will be out in November, not 538:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #536

Written by J. Michael Straczynski, pencils and cover by Ron Garney.

The War at Home." With Civil War in full-throttle mode, Spider-Man follows his conscience... and fast becomes a lightning rod for controversy. Unmasked and venerable, this is Spider-Man as you've never seen him!

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Nov. 29.

Other than Spider-Girl I'm staying away from Spider-Man related comics until all this mess is resolved or retconned...which could be a long time.

Doc Ock said:
Why is Deb Whitman writing a tell all book?? She has no reason to hate Peter. NONE!!!

Peter lied to her. She discovered his Spider-Secret and he convinced her that she was "seeing things", as her discovery made her think she was crazy.

Truth be told, she wasn't exactly all that stable to begin with... in my opinion.

She might not have had any reason to "hate" Peter before... but since his revelation, he LIED to her and convinced her she was mentaly unstable at that time in order to protect his identity.

She wasn't crazy at all... she merely discovered his secret.
She thought she was crazy because she caught him as he was changing into Spider-Man.

And if for no other reason, why else does someone write a book about a famous person they knew? For the money. And the more dramatic it is, the better the sales.

:)

Judging by the covers to SSM and FNSM, I'm guessing the classic costume will be returning in November.:up:

Orko Is King said:
Judging by the covers to SSM and FNSM, I'm guessing the classic costume will be returning in November.:up:

Yeah. That's really the only good news I've gathered from all of this crap.

tom123 said:
Hmm, it says that Sensational will have three one-shots focusing on three women of Peter's life. Who's the third besides MJ and Aunt May?

Black Cat?

Civil War #4 is supposedly shipping in September, due to a late schedule, correct?

A major character is supposed to die, with heavy speculation pointing towards Mary Jane...

If Mary Jane is being featured in a post Civil War story two months later, then is it safe to say she isnt the one slated to be killed off?

Anyway, I cant wait to see Deb Whitman again. I would love to see a few old characters from that era return....Phillip Chang, perhaps.

Orko Is King said:

It's about blankety-blank time, too! I've seen the Iron Eye-Sore Suit for long enough.

tom123 said:
I didn't actually think of Aunt May, I thought they'd go back and focus on Gwen... again. sigh. But it does say post-unmasking, so good call. I'd have to agree it'd be the Black Cat. She's turning into a regular character in Sensational, so itsa good bet the writer would want a whole issue dedicated to her!

And nice call manofbat, if SM made me think i was insane i'd hate him too. who wouldn't??

CaptainStacy said:
Civil War #4 is supposedly shipping in September, due to a late schedule, correct?

A major character is supposed to die, with heavy speculation pointing towards Mary Jane...

If Mary Jane is being featured in a post Civil War story two months later, then is it safe to say she isnt the one slated to be killed off?

Unless of course it's either a major character in the Marvel Universe overall and not someone who is part of Spider-Tool's supporting cast, or the one-shot with Mary Jane in Sensational is taking place prior to certain events in Civil War. After all, none of the Sensational Spider-Man issues have been delayed, which means that it's not dependant on the main Civil War issues unlike Amazing Spider-Man. Then again, since Civil War #7 was supposed to come out in November, maybe this is a post Civil War story. Would that mean that we can expect some Civil War spoilers in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man and Sensational Spider-Man about the outcome of Civil War before that particular series even ends? Nice going Marvel. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I cant wait to see Deb Whitman again. I would love to see a few old characters from that era return....Phillip Chang, perhaps.

It certainly is interesting to see that Deb Whitman is coming back and writing the tell-all book, which I do think is approriate for her character for the reasons Themanofbat cited. It's just I think there are some people who, considering how Betty Brant is more of the reporter and there has been a ongoing history between her and Peter, that she'd be the more likely canidate to write a tell-all. (Hmm, maybe Deb's book was "ghost-written" :D). Interestingly enough, considering the average amount of time books usually get published--even when they involve big news items--one would think Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man would take place after Civil War, or Deb has one hell of an literary agent.

CaptainStacy said:

Wow... this just hit me when you typed it. Unless MJ dies after Civil War is over, instead of #4, she's safe (hopefully). You just gave me hope. :)

tom123 said:
Wow... this just hit me when you typed it. Unless MJ dies after Civil War is over, instead of #4, she's safe (hopefully). You just gave me hope. :)
But as i just posted in 'How do you feel about them killing off MJ?' it could be done to throw us off track. Then again it also points to aunt may dying, if someone does...

tom123 said:
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #102
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils and Cover by MARK BAGLEY
“CLONE SAGA”
The revelations continue as we learn the secrets of Ben Reilly! Peter Parker tries his best to evade capture by Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D., plus—the transformation of Mary Jane Watson—into what?! And just for good measure—the scarlet sicko, Carnage, goes on the rampage! Part 5 (of 7)
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99
It's part 6...silly Marvel! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"