Comics Spider-Man Solicitations for Nov. 06

MARVEL SPOTLIGHT: BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS/MARK # 12
The Story: In September 1970, Stan Lee and Jack Kirby – the two guys who built the Marvel Universe – closed out their run of 102 consecutive regular issues of FANTASTIC FOUR. That’s a standard of consistency that has stood at Marvel ever since – until December, when Marvel publishes ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #103, the record-breaking comic featuring the union of writer BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS and artist MARK BAGLEY! Milestones like this demand the red-carpet treatment, and Bendis and Bagley are getting it in this special issue of MARVEL SPOTLIGHT! We’ll cover these two singular creators and their careers at Marvel – including Bendis’ work on NEW AVENGERS, DAREDEVIL and ALIAS, plus his Icon title POWERS. And Bagley is a Marvel veteran of long standing, so we’ll talk about his varied career as an artist on AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, NEW WARRIORS and THUNDERBOLTS! Be there to celebrate Bendis, Bagley and their special run on ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

In Stores: 2006-11-22

You missed What If..? Spider-Man The Other
http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=5527

THE STORY:
In “The Other,” Peter Parker returned from the dead and embraced his “inner spider.” But WHAT IF the detente that was reached between man and arachnid had not ended there? What if the man known as Peter Parker had been completely consumed by his inner, bestial impulses, and became more spider than man?
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

PRICE: 2.99
IN STORES: 2006-11-15

IMPRINT: MARVEL UNIVERSE (What's this?)
FORMAT: COMIC
RATING: RATED T+ (What's this?)

Yeah, I guess I did... I must've missed something else too, because I have no idea what this cover goes to.

MARADVSM021_COV.jpg

MARVEL ADVENTURES SPIDER-MAN #21
THE STORY:
Who is the mysterious TINKERER, and why is he flooding the city with technologically-enhanced villains? To unplug this threat, Spider-Man needs an upgrade of his own, starting with a new “smart stealth” BLACK COSTUME!
32 PGS./All Ages ...$2.99

PRICE: 2.99
IN STORES: 2006-11-01

IMPRINT: MARVEL ADVENTURES (What's this?)
FORMAT: COMIC
RATING: ALL AGES (What's this?)

^thats a pretty poor reimagining of the black costume. its gone from alien to smart stealth, as if he made it?? come on...

May as well show these, incase its of any interest to people. There are a few other collections that feature Spider-Man in guest appearances, but nothing major:

ESSENTIAL SPIDER-MAN VOL. 5 TPB
The Story: Granted amazing arachnid-like abilities by the bite of an irradiated spider, Peter Parker has vowed to protect his fellow man! In this volume, witness the return of the diabolical Doctor Octopus! A side trip to the Savage Land that time forgot! The first-ever appearance of Morbius the Living Vampire! The death of Captain Stacy! Plus: the wall-crawler’s climactic confrontation with the grinning Green Goblin! Collects AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #90-113.
528 PGS./All Ages ...$16.99

In Stores: 2006-11-01 - see details

SPIDER-GIRL VOL. 7: BETRAYED
The Story: Who will lead the New York underworld? Will the Green Goblin go good or give grief? What secret is Mary Jane keeping? And who is the next true Spider-Man? Guest-starring the Fantastic Five! Collects SPIDER-GIRL #34-38 and #51.
144 PGS./All Ages ... $7.99

In Stores: 2006-11-01 - see details

SECRET WAR
The Story: Starring Wolverine, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Captain America, Black Widow, Luke Cage and more! Brian Michael Bendis, the most popular and acclaimed writer in comics, reveals the darkest chapter in Marvel Universe history! When Nick Fury discovers a disturbing connection between many of Marvel’s deadliest villains, he assembles a ragtag team of the MU’s most misunderstood heroes for a secret mission to do what the U.S. government could never allow – eventually leading to a super-powered blowout between a who’s who of NYC heroes and mutants! Featuring the American debut of the stunning, fully painted work of Italian artist Gabriele Dell’Otto. Collects SE CRET WAR #1-5 and SECRET WAR: FROM THE FILES OF NICK FURY.
256 PGS./Rated T+ ...$24.99

AVENGERS AND POWER PACK ASSEMBLE!
The Story: It’s all-ages action in the mighty Marvel manner! Hot on the heels of their adventure with the X-Men, Power Pack returns for another titanic team-up – and this time, it’s Earth’s Mightiest Heroes leading the charge! Featuring Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman and more! Collects AVENGERS AND POWER PACK ASSEMBLE! #1-4.
96 PGS./All Ages ...$6.99

In Stores: 2006-11-15 - see details

Aaaaaaan plug this:

MOON KNIGHT # 7
The Story: “Midnight Sun: Part One: The Woodwork” Moon Knight enters Civil War!
Three months back on the job, and they’re already coming out of the woodwork. The bad guys you expect. The gangsters and the hoods with old axes to grind. They all come with the territory. But the heroes--them you don’t expect. Popping up to give you the eyeball and make sure you’re toeing the line. Their line. Spider-Man and his wisecracks...Frank Castle, the angel of death himself, telling you he’ll be keeping an eye on you...even the fugitive Captain America, with a word to say about crashing aircraft into the sides of buildings in New York City. And now, this other thing. Someone is out there. Someone hitting the old haunts, scenes of the old crimes. Leaving messages. Leaving bodies. Someone who knows you. Someone who crushes steel and pulls off limbs. All to get your attention. Someone out of your league!
32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$2.99

Thanks for the help :up:. It's only natural that I'd forget some stuff. :O

Themanofbat said:
Peter lied to her. She discovered his Spider-Secret and he convinced her that she was "seeing things", as her discovery made her think she was crazy.

Truth be told, she wasn't exactly all that stable to begin with... in my opinion.

She might not have had any reason to "hate" Peter before... but since his revelation, he LIED to her and convinced her she was mentaly unstable at that time in order to protect his identity.

She wasn't crazy at all... she merely discovered his secret.
She thought she was crazy because she caught him as he was changing into Spider-Man.

And if for no other reason, why else does someone write a book about a famous person they knew? For the money. And the more dramatic it is, the better the sales.

:)

But Peter did tell her the truth, in PPSSM #74. She just didn't believe him when he did. And his not telling her about beng Spider-Man would have hardly ruined her life. The damage was done to Deb long before she met Peter.

tom123 said:

love the cover to this issue, and although iron spidey doesn't really bother me that much, i am glad so see him in his red and blues.

just one thing i noticed, what is up with spidey's left pinky?

Dragon said:
But Peter did tell her the truth, in PPSSM #74. She just didn't believe him when he did. And his not telling her about beng Spider-Man would have hardly ruined her life. The damage was done to Deb long before she met Peter.

As I sais... she didn't come across as being all too stable to begin with.

And while he did tell her the "truth", he did it to shock her into thinking how silly what she thought was. Nonetheless, in HER eyes, it would seem like Peter played with her, and with her being an unstable person to begin with, I can see where she would resent him for what she "thinks" he did to her.

:huh: :huh:

spahn said:
love the cover to this issue, and although iron spidey doesn't really bother me that much, i am glad so see him in his red and blues.

just one thing i noticed, what is up with spidey's left pinky?

The particular artist believes that since Spider-Man has amazing flexibility, this means that his fingers must be double jointed. You'll find this same phenomenon in all of his depictions of Spider-Man, especially when wall-crawling.

marvel-in-november-20060822075704138.jpg

Moon Knight #7 (out in November)

Yeah, its not a Spidey comic but DAMN! I love this cover. :up:

so much so, you showed it twice ;) I don't mind, i love it too, but i'm just saying..

Themanofbat said:
Peter lied to her. She discovered his Spider-Secret and he convinced her that she was "seeing things", as her discovery made her think she was crazy.

Truth be told, she wasn't exactly all that stable to begin with... in my opinion.

She might not have had any reason to "hate" Peter before... but since his revelation, he LIED to her and convinced her she was mentaly unstable at that time in order to protect his identity.

She wasn't crazy at all... she merely discovered his secret.
She thought she was crazy because she caught him as he was changing into Spider-Man.

And if for no other reason, why else does someone write a book about a famous person they knew? For the money. And the more dramatic it is, the better the sales.

Peter didn't lie to her. He went and revealed his identity to her. When confronted with it, she thought the idea of Peter being Spider-Man was so absurd that she thought she had been imagining things. And she was cured.

She and Peter parted on the best of terms.

She has no reason to write a tell all book about him. Its cheap shock value, like with Liz Osborn's reaction.

None of these women have ANY reason to hate Peter. The only one who does is Betty Brant.

stillanerd said:
Then again, since Civil War #7 was supposed to come out in November, maybe this is a post Civil War story. Would that mean that we can expect some Civil War spoilers in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man and Sensational Spider-Man about the outcome of Civil War before that particular series even ends? Nice going Marvel. :rolleyes:

SSSSSSSHHHHHH! I would actually like to get to read ONE spider-man 616 story in the next two months. I don't care about spoilers to civil war. I need my spidey fix

On the plus side if they are within the timeline of civil war at least we can be certain that spidey will quit being iron man's ***** by CW #5 at the very latest! :)

Doc Ock said:
Peter didn't lie to her. He went and revealed his identity to her. When confronted with it, she thought the idea of Peter being Spider-Man was so absurd that she thought she had been imagining things. And she was cured.

She and Peter parted on the best of terms.

She has no reason to write a tell all book about him. Its cheap shock value, like with Liz Osborn's reaction.

None of these women have ANY reason to hate Peter. The only one who does is Betty Brant.

It really depends on interpretation. People's views and moods change with big shocks to the system like this and different writers on different books have different opinions on those reactions, just like you do. Don't you remember when liz told pete to get away from her a few years back, because everybody he loved died?
I can buy into the idea that some fairly insignificant woman with a history of mental problems wanting to cash in on pete's new fame, can't you? At the very least can't you see an angry, controversial tell-all story would sell better than "i thought pete was spidey. i thought i was wrong. we stayed friends." not exactly gonna sell, is it? i like the idea. it shows they've thought about the unmasking from all angles. Dont think it'll be the most interesting story for me- i wanna see more mainstream character's reactions, but i'll give them brownie points for the idea at least. its even paying attention to continuity, dredging up an old character.

MyPokerShirt said:
It really depends on interpretation. People's views and moods change with big shocks to the system like this and different writers on different books have different opinions on those reactions, just like you do. Don't you remember when liz told pete to get away from her a few years back, because everybody he loved died?
I can buy into the idea that some fairly insignificant woman with a history of mental problems wanting to cash in on pete's new fame, can't you? At the very least can't you see an angry, controversial tell-all story would sell better than "i thought pete was spidey. i thought i was wrong. we stayed friends." not exactly gonna sell, is it? i like the idea. it shows they've thought about the unmasking from all angles. Dont think it'll be the most interesting story for me- i wanna see more mainstream character's reactions, but i'll give them brownie points for the idea at least. its even paying attention to continuity, dredging up an old character.

I agree.

hippy fascist said:
On the plus side if they are within the timeline of civil war at least we can be certain that spidey will quit being iron man's ***** by CW #5 at the very latest! :)

I could only hope that its sooner than this. I contineu to wonder what tony is doing to peter with that suit. No such thing as a free lunch huh Peter?

From the looks of it it seems to be tied into building tony to be this paranoid mcarthy-esque character. He's monitoring him, or at least that's what the whole, "I didn't tell him about my spider-sense" thing would suggest. We already know he's been perving on MJ with that owl...well we don't know but I'd bet my house on it. Stark's such a sleazy ****

I'll definitely be looking forward to November. Though I think that the issue of Amazing Spider-Man would be moved up since most stuff got delayed a month. :confused:

Sensational Spider-Man sounds pretty good. Amazing Spider-Girl will be awesome, I'm sure. It'll be interesting to see how the events in Friendly Neighborhood play out. Definitely an exciting time to be a Spidey fan! :spidey:

I don't get why everyone's freaking over the SSM solicit. Seems like a pretty standard tie-in to an event. Granted Marvel screws up on a weekly basis, but there's nothing from that brief synopsis alone to say anything too bad.
MyPokerShirt said:
^thats a pretty poor reimagining of the black costume. its gone from alien to smart stealth, as if he made it?? come on...
Dude, it's a book for little kids. :o

I know people on these boards read it. And so was the animated series and that had (arguably) a better origin for the alien symbiote, but it was still an alien! Anyway im only going on the solicitation, woulda just thought that they wouldnt want to confuse the kids who'd one day (hopefully) read a spidey 616 comic with venom in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"