Comics Spider-Man Solicitations for Nov. 06

Hey check it out...

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/debwhitman.htm

I never realized how much Deb was in the Spidey comics... I mean, I know it wasn't YEARS or anything, but she was featured alot for awhile anyway.

And just from reading all the story plots with her appearances, I can see why she would write a book about Peter. Peter was a complete as$-hole to her throughout his entire "relationship" with her.

TheVileOne said:
Maybe people should stop complaining about what Sam Raimi does to characters in the movies and focus that energy on the people ****ing with the actual comics.

Oh don't you worry, we have enough energy for both ;)

USMC said:
And just from reading all the story plots with her appearances, I can see why she would write a book about Peter. Peter was a complete as$-hole to her throughout his entire "relationship" with her.

But Peter and Deb resolved all that. He helped her in her darkest hour. She told him he is the best friend she ever had, and he was. They parted on excellent terms.

There is NO valid reason for her to be doing this. Not one.

Doc Ock said:
But Peter and Deb resolved all that. He helped her in her darkest hour. She told him he is the best friend she ever had, and he was. They parted on excellent terms.

Have you ever had a psycho-stalker girlfriend? Maybe they'll make her into something like that!!!

Go Marvel!:up:

USMC said:
Have you ever had a psycho-stalker girlfriend?

No, thankfully ;)

Maybe they'll make her into something like that!!!

Sure, if they want to completely mischaracterize her.

But hey, we're well used to that by now with Spidey's women. Gwen is a lying, cheating ****e. And MJ keeps dirty secrets from her husband for years.

Making a nice, sweet, good natured girl like Deb a selfish, greedy, biotch is amateur night in dixie for Marvel ;)

Maybe we should read the books before we pass judgement.

:)

Doc Ock said:
Oh don't you worry, we have enough energy for both ;)

I don't know. They parted as friends, yes, but only because she convinced herself that she was a basket case for ever thinking something was wrong. Rather than stick to coming clean with her because 'he wanted to do right by her' Peter played into her delusion.

Women in relationships who 'need to convince themselves' that they're in the wrong and not their partner fall into one category only - the abused victim.

And now, years later, she finds out that Peter actually is Spider-man?? That all those months (years?) of mentally beating herself up are in fact justified??

Damn right there's a valid reason for her to be doing this. Make no mistake.

USMC said:
Hey check it out...

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/debwhitman.htm

I never realized how much Deb was in the Spidey comics... I mean, I know it wasn't YEARS or anything, but she was featured alot for awhile anyway.

First, the writing at that point was crap (A tradition that continues to this day). The reason I say it was crap, is because there are some points at which Peter does act like a jerk- But with no explanation. I mean, Peter has always blown off his girlfriends to fulfil his duties as Spidey. But afterward he made every effort to make the girl feel special. This didn't happene with Deb, so again we have Peter written out of character. Now, Denny ONeil's run was nutso anyway, so that can just be chalked up to his not getting Peter. But other writers like Mantlo, I don't get.

But second- even if all of this stuff was simply who Peter is, etc. all it amounts to is a relationship that didn't work. It happens. And it certainly didn't ruin her life.

Rambo said:
And now, years later, she finds out that Peter actually is Spider-man?? That all those months (years?) of mentally beating herself up are in fact justified??

Damn right there's a valid reason for her to be doing this. Make no mistake.

That's ridiculous. Knowing Peter's secret wasn't in any way vital to Deb's life. Deb's own lack of being able to handle the possbility of Peter being Spider-Man is her own problem, stemming from the years of abuse she suffered long before she met Peter. And considering that Peter's secret has an effect on the lives of others, it's reasonable that he'd keep it secret from Deb, who had enough issues of her own, without carrying the weight of Spider-Man's secret identity.

I agree the Deb years were not the best. After Wolfman left there was a dry spell but then once she was....removed and we got to the Black Cat and then an even better relationship between him and MJ things (for a moment) got back on track.

Maybe Carnage will wear a blue hoodie! I can still hope!

Themanofbat said:
The thing is... MJ will probably come into harm's way during this Civil War, and once the "magical" mind swipe comes into play, thus making EVERYONE forget who Spider-Man is, including MJ, Peter will make the supreme sacrifice and stay away from her; thereby proving how much he loves her, yet keeping them apart.

It's a win-win for Quesada & Co....

They don't kill her, and they really don't get forcibly divorsed.

The Spectre of Spider-Man will make his mark again.

:csad:

Sounds good to me. :up:

Death, divorce, mind wipe...as long as the red head is out of his life I don't care. :O

Arghh a new artist on SSM, I hope he does not suck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"