• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sequel? Your Thoughts...

Scorpion King might've had a direct to video sequel starring Randy Couture. But Scorpion King made about $90 million in the US domestic BO.

Warzone did not.

Scorpion King might've had a direct to video sequel starring Randy Couture. But Scorpion King made about $90 million in the US domestic BO.

Warzone did not.

They can do the Slavers arc in the sequel that would be great. You can throw Barracuda in there maybe as a hired hitman or have him go up against the Bullats because the old man took out the rival gangs that were selling on his turf. I would leave out the two cops from the story that were in the Slavers arc theres no use for them.

Im gonna start writing a short treatment and it if comes out good I'll make it a script but im definitely adapting The Slavers and throwing some nice goodies in there :D

I started a treatment.

So far its a cross between "In the beginning", "Barracuda", and "Up is Down,and Black is White"

And a little bit of MK and Born thrown in.

anyone interested in reading it just pm me.

Kind of sad really. I liked this flick. It definitely doesn't fit into the MARVEL-verse which MARVEL is trying to set up. But I like the grittiness of it. I think it only flopped out of the gate due to timing. It's not a family flick and it's rough financially for everyone. Hell, when Will Smith and Jim Carrey both flop out of the gate people should know things are bad!

I think in a few years there will be a Punisher film again. This franchise, restarted 3 times now, is one that is special for MARVEL. It is the one single film/comic MARVEL has that is able to get nasty and dark.

With that said, I didn't like the name change of Jigsaw, the added character of his brother, the fact that they killed Microchip and the fact that they killed Jigsaw. Four major flaws for comic fans.

I loved the deaths and the demeanor of Castle. I'm glad Lexi decided to not take us threw the origin again. She did a good job for the most part. MARVEL shouldn't blame her or any other one person for the Box Office failure of the film. It is just the situation of things outside of the control of the film and it's creators. If this flick came out last year it would have done much better at the Box Office. It will do good on DVD like the previous incarnation did.

I would not go talking sequels anytime soon however. Give it 3 years.

Kind of sad really. I liked this flick. It definitely doesn't fit into the MARVEL-verse which MARVEL is trying to set up. But I like the grittiness of it. I think it only flopped out of the gate due to timing. It's not a family flick and it's rough financially for everyone. Hell, when Will Smith and Jim Carrey both flop out of the gate people should know things are bad!

I think in a few years there will be a Punisher film again. This franchise, restarted 3 times now, is one that is special for MARVEL. It is the one single film/comic MARVEL has that is able to get nasty and dark.

With that said, I didn't like the name change of Jigsaw, the added character of his brother, the fact that they killed Microchip and the fact that they killed Jigsaw. Four major flaws for comic fans.

I loved the deaths and the demeanor of Castle. I'm glad Lexi decided to not take us threw the origin again. She did a good job for the most part. MARVEL shouldn't blame her or any other one person for the Box Office failure of the film. It is just the situation of things outside of the control of the film and it's creators. If this flick came out last year it would have done much better at the Box Office. It will do good on DVD like the previous incarnation did.

I would not go talking sequels anytime soon however. Give it 3 years.

It could have come out right after the 2004 film and noone would have cared. It's not to do with the audience being confused, it's not to do with the economy. It's a poorly promoted, poorly conceived bomb of a movie.

The feature film format doesn't suit The Punisher because so much of what's interesting is the world he lives in and how his single-mindedness causes everyone else to act. A film can't make him the focus and examine that at the same time.

It could have come out right after the 2004 film and noone would have cared. It's not to do with the audience being confused, it's not to do with the economy. It's a poorly promoted, poorly conceived bomb of a movie.

The feature film format doesn't suit The Punisher because so much of what's interesting is the world he lives in and how his single-mindedness causes everyone else to act. A film can't make him the focus and examine that at the same time.

I beg to differ, The Punisher has more than enough depth to him to have his own franchise. People just dont care enough to give him a proper treatment is the problem.

They could definitely make a fine HBO series of it. Same brutality as an R rated movie, more room for depth and character building.

I beg to differ, The Punisher has more than enough depth to him to have his own franchise. People just dont care enough to give him a proper treatment is the problem.

Three films and a not a single one has caught either the fanbase or the mainstream public's imagination. He was one of Marvel best known properties in the 80s - and he still has iconographic qualities.

A film franchise, in truth, doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather they went down the road of an animated series in the same style as the 2005 game. Easier to carry off the action, cheaper to produce and more suited to the character's arc.

Three films and a not a single one has caught either the fanbase or the mainstream public's imagination. He was one of Marvel best known properties in the 80s - and he still has iconographic qualities.

A film franchise, in truth, doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather they went down the road of an animated series in the same style as the 2005 game. Easier to carry off the action, cheaper to produce and more suited to the character's arc.

They just haven't given it a chance. Nobody in the movie making business has taken it seriously. If they made a really smart Punisher movie with good people behind it they could produce a pretty amazing movie.

I agree with you on series, but I still think a mature HBO type series would be better than animated. I wouldn't be upset with animated, especially if it felt like the game, but I would rather it be a mature audience type show.

They just haven't given it a chance. Nobody in the movie making business has taken it seriously. If they made a really smart Punisher movie with good people behind it they could produce a pretty amazing movie.

I agree with you on series, but I still think a mature HBO type series would be better than animated. I wouldn't be upset with animated, especially if it felt like the game, but I would rather it be a mature audience type show.

Mainstream Hollywood just doesn't know what to do with it as a property. Consider all three films and the complete variance in tone - that suggests they keep picking people who don't really love the character. All three have been handed to people making their directorial debuts and usually on incredibly low budgets.

The reason I prefer the idea of the animated series is that the budget for an animated 50 minute show is much the same, irrespective of explosions, gunfights or dramatic content. Easier to budget for, easier to get the stars for recording and much easier to be true to the comics while fitting into a different medium.

I don't think as many people will want to watch a cartoon as a live-action movie. Since it's not going to be funny or child-friendly, that pretty much cuts into the cartoon crowd big time. I know there's Spawn, but that's the only example I can think of. I'd prefer another live action attempt.

I don't think as many people will want to watch a cartoon as a live-action movie. Since it's not going to be funny or child-friendly, that pretty much cuts into the cartoon crowd big time. I know there's Spawn, but that's the only example I can think of. I'd prefer another live action attempt.

You have to question why more people didn't try after Spawn. There was The Maxx too, on MTV.

Aeon Flux pre-dates Spawn and is still a well remembered adult animation. It can be done. If we get live action, i just can't see much money going behind it.

This thread has made me really sad :(. I LOVED THIS MOVIE! IF we can somehow encourage people to keep going to see it in the few theaters it is still showing in and buy the DVD it WILL Turn a profit. Then Ray Stevenson could return maybe (I know, I'm really overly optmistic)...or they could do a really cool animated one. Maybe thats what should have been done all along, as weird as it sounds. Punisher animated. Stevenson's likeness and his voice, would be awesome.

I am going to hope for a sequel still. This is ridiculous it failed at the box office like this.

This thread has made me really sad :(. I LOVED THIS MOVIE! IF we can somehow encourage people to keep going to see it in the few theaters it is still showing in and buy the DVD it WILL Turn a profit. Then Ray Stevenson could return maybe (I know, I'm really overly optmistic)...or they could do a really cool animated one. Maybe thats what should have been done all along, as weird as it sounds. Punisher animated. Stevenson's likeness and his voice, would be awesome.

I am going to hope for a sequel still. This is ridiculous it failed at the box office like this.

I'm perversely happy. I don't want anyone from this mess (excepting Ray) to touch the character again.

Ray is the definite Punisher in my mind now...Jane looks better for Fury now.

There should be no sequel.

Not straight to video, not animated, nada.

Let's give Marvel time to redeem Frank Castle and to erase the memory of Ray Stevenson's epically terrible movie.

Even most of the people here who didn't like the movie (myself included) agree that Ray as Frank was the best Thing about War Zone. This is Lexi's fail, not his.

Even most of the people here who didn't like the movie (myself included) agree that Ray as Frank was the best Thing about War Zone. This is Lexi's fail, not his.

if the guy had some common sense he woulda said no to this movie.

If you could have any director you wanted to direct a Punisher movie who would it be? Why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"