Serving'Soldier Dead After Terror Attack in London

the_ultimate_evil

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.
Reaction score
A man reported to be a serving soldier is dead and two people have been shot in Woolwich, south east London, after what Sky sources understand is being treated as a terrorist attack.

Downing Street has called a meeting of the Government's Cobra emergency committee after the incident in John Wilson Street, which David Cameron described as "truly shocking".

Sky sources understand that senior police officers believe the killing was likely to be a politically-motivated Islamist terrorist attack.

Dozens of weapons - including a number of knives - and pools of blood could be seen on the ground, where a man wearing a Help for Heroes T-shirt is said to have been attacked.

The incident happened around a mile from the Royal Artillery Barracks
Eyewitnesses reported seeing armed officers arrive at the scene and immediately open fire on men thought to be attackers. Two men are now in hospital with gunshot wounds.

The Metropolitan Police confirmed one person had died following the incident and said the Independent Police Complaints Commission had now taken over the investigation.

Photographs taken at the scene show three people lying on the ground. Their condition was not clear.

Nigel Foran, who saw the incident as he returned home from shopping, described a scene of a confusion.

He told Sky News: "We saw a man running towards the police officers and then we heard a couple of gunshots.

"He went to the floor and was surrounded while officers drew their stun guns. After that, all the people who were watching ran away when they heard the gunshots."

An aerial shot of the scene
The Ministry of Defence said it was urgently looking at the reports that the incident involved a soldier.

But Greenwich and Woolwich MP Nick Raynsford told Sky News he believed the deceased was a serving soldier.

He said he had spoken to both borough commander Richard Wood and Lieutenant Colonel Bob Christopher at Royal Artillery Barracks - which is around a mile from the scene of the attack.

Mr Raynsford said: "One individual is dead, two others are seriously injured and in hospital.

"The circumstances causing the incident are not yet clear. It's been suggested it was the product of a road traffic accident, but that's pure speculation.

"I'll be talking to everyone who is involved, we will be trying to do everything possible to try and ensure calm in the area. People will be very, very shocked.

"We think a serving soldier was the victim. We don't know the circumstances surrounding the incident."

Schools in the area have been placed on lockdown.

Police were sent to the scene at around 2.20pm. The immediate area has been shut down, with eyewitnesses describing the incident on Twitter as "horrific".

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "We believe at this stage officers were called to reports of an assault."

London Air Ambulance confirmed one patient was airlifted from the scene, while another was taken away by road ambulance.

More follows...

http://news.sky.com/story/1094380/woolwich-soldier-dead-after-terror-attack

Jesus, reports are saying the victim was wearing a help the heros t-shirt. And they just hacked him to death.

That and the fact people are *****ing about the fact the police shot the attackers, seriously.

Damn just saw this on the news.

Crazy.

One of the attackers with a meat cleaver and blood all over is hands ranting in a video in the street after just murdering a guy.

Its barbaric.

Here we go. I wouldn't personally feel any regret about them gunning down the dude though. Do what you need to.

They are still alive despite being shot.

The video of them just walking around the street up like it was no big deal was messed.

****ing mother****ers..... I hope the two ****s that did this are being refused pain meds in hospital... ****ing scum....

To say this is sickening is nowhere near the true stature of this horrific event. ****ing furious ATM...

****ing mother****ers..... I hope the two ****s that did this are being refused pain meds in hospital... ****ing scum....

To say this is sickening is nowhere near the true stature of this horrific event. ****ing furious ATM...

+1

Disgusting

I think this is the most disturbing thing that I have ever seen.

I spend so much of my time arguing for tolerance and inclusiveness, but people like this have no place in our society.

One of the killers had a London accent but was talking about people in his home country seeing this stuff every day.

I am going to maintain out that these people are deranged and coincidentally Muslim, but their language does not assist me.

I can't remember ever feeling so angry.

Last edited:
These disgusting people use Islam as an excuse to play out their sick twisted fantasies, but a true Muslim would never harm an innocent.

I don't know who disgusts me more--the brutes or the rotten brutelites with their heads up their asses.

These disgusting people use Islam as an excuse to play out their sick twisted fantasies, but a true Muslim would never harm an innocent.

So true.

Pretty senseless act by a pair of brutal animals. Terrorists like this deserve to be shot and killed.

Of course we should avoid shooting people wherever possible: such is the outrage that any ordinary person at that scene must have felt, however, that I couldn't judge any human being for taking immediate vengeance.

Honnestly this is one of the worst things I've ever heard. Why in the name of christ would anyone do this? It's just totally ****ed up.

I'm also very uncomfortable with the news showing video of the attackers ranting with big ****ing knives covered in blood...

Of course we should avoid shooting people wherever possible: such is the outrage that any ordinary person at that scene must have felt, however, that I couldn't judge any human being for taking immediate vengeance.

i agree but the reports are saying the armed police were sent to the scene gave the attacks warnings to drop the weapons they didn't so were fired upon.

but thats what amazes me people are moaning that police shot a man covered in blood with multiple blades in hanf who had just hacked a man to death and was advancing on them

yet its the police who were in the wrong

i agree but the reports are saying the armed police were sent to the scene gave the attacks warnings to drop the weapons they didn't so were fired upon.

but thats what amazes me people are moaning that police shot a man covered in blood with multiple blades in hanf who had just hacked a man to death and was advancing on them

I guess because we're always being decried for doing that over here and it apparently makes you guys no better than us or whatever rationale they're using for it.

It's probably more to do with the rareness of police using guns here and some memory of the De Menezes debacle.

Don't know if anyone followed the link above, but it seems to underscore the surreal nature of the whole thing.

I saw a portion of the aftermath where the guy was literally bloody and holding the weapons in his hands. To say it was wrong to shoot him when he and his pal advanced on the police is just ****ing stupid.

They're not dead, but the man they hacked to death is so there should be no question the police acted in the right of self defense and the defense of anyone else they decided was worth stabbing.

Where are these reports about people moaning about them being shot? I'm glad they were shot, it's a shame the bastards didn't die!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"