Serving'Soldier Dead After Terror Attack in London

I'm wondering if it's right to classify this as an terrorist attack, though. It's just a couple of idiot scumbags...most likely hopped up on some kind of drugs.

IMO calling this a homicide is more approriate. Calling this a terrorists attack and issuing a terrorist warnings seems like giving these two POS more credit.

They weren't on drugs or anything, also they did it for political reasons...

The people who are now at most in danger are the Muslim population of Britain. 2 mosques have already been attacked near where I live.

Oddly enough if people are attacked it will be the brown skinned muslims...People cant tell which black people are muslims. These guys were Nigerians I believe, but when someone thinks of a muslim they think of brown skinned people.

You can sense when the Boston bombings happened that people assumed it was your typical arabic jihadist, not russian muslims

I don't see any evidence of anyone jumping to any sort of racist conclusion. After all, the murderers have been all over our screens, so there can be no misconceptions that they were Asians or Arabs.

I have been exposed to the news of this terrible event almost continually, since getting home from work last night.

This makes me feel sick, upset and angry all at the same time. One of the things which I cannot fathom is people have videoed some of this on their smartphones. For the loved of God, why would anyone do that?

Almost in tears sitting here writing this. And I am not an overly emotional man usually.
I have a brother who used to be in the army. Perhaps this is why it feels closer to home for me.

Truly, I feel for, and send my condolences to the family and loved ones of the soldier that has been so brutally struck down.

I hope the bastards who did this are permanently crippled from their injuries and face a lifetime of pain.

Poor dear old London. I hope they take the cane out of the cupboard metaphorically for these guys.

It sure presents a challenge to the British service, indeed all defence services. How do you stop psychos who go nuts with a knife one day?

And by the way as if it really is about the Afghanistan war. That's been going on for more than a decade, why attack now? These guys are loser psychopaths

This world is so disgusting sometimes. We are all doomed as a civilization.

For every feel good story (like the massive out pour of donations in wake of the Oklahoma storms), there's 10 of these atrocities.

These two ****s wanted to die by the police.... Which makes me very glad that the police shot to wound, rather than kill them outright... Much better justice IMHO.

I'm also pleased to see that the Help for Heroes charity website has been down since last night under the sheer number of people who are trying to donate money or purchase their clothing.

In any group, 99% are peaceful friendly people... It's the 1% that **** it up for the rest of them...

I'm still disturbed that at least one of the assailants apparently had the time to do a full-camera interview with ITV well before police arrived.

So basically a TV news crew has a faster response time than the London police? For the terrorists watching this, that's the real takeaway.

I'm still disturbed that at least one of the assailants apparently had the time to do a full-camera interview with ITV well before police arrived.

So basically a TV news crew has a faster response time than the London police? For the terrorists watching this, that's the real takeaway.

Not with ITV themselves... The two ****s were goading the crowd to take their photos and film them, so people did, and they spoke with the two ****s as they waited to martyr themselves by the armed police. The public then sent in their images and video to both the police and media outlets...

Not with ITV themselves... The two ****s were goading the crowd to take their photos and film them, so people did, and they spoke with the two ****s as they waited to martyr themselves by the armed police. The public then sent in their images and video to both the police and media outlets...

Ah, okay then. The video I saw of the man calmly talking with a bloody cleaver in his had did not look like a mobile phone video though, or even a camcorder; the quality and steadiness of the shot made it look like a real TV news camera.

Ah, okay then. The video I saw of the man calmly talking with a bloody cleaver in his had did not look like a mobile phone video though, or even a camcorder; the quality and steadiness of the shot made it look like a real TV news camera.
Cameras on phones these days are so much better than they were only a few years ago. A movie was shot on one in part a year or two back and you wouldn't know it.

Although you have to give it to the person who held the camera not to be shaking after witnessing that attack. It's also a confession on camera, as if it were necessary as they wanted to be caught.

What kind of a species have we become that such a thing can be committed in a sentient society?

What kind of a species have we become that such a thing can be committed in a sentient society?

"Become"? This kinda "thing" has been happening since the beginning of mankind. This is nothing new (You should read up on how the Vikings got their kicks). But it's important to remember that while atrocities like this will always plague us, good people will always outnumber the savages and killers.

As much as we claim people are uncivilized now, back when they were stoning people for minor issues was much worse, trust me.

As much as we claim people are uncivilized now, back when they were stoning people for minor issues was much worse, trust me.

I always tell people that this is actually the safest time in the history of mankind, but hardly anyone ever believes me. But it is the truth.

I always tell people that this is actually the safest time in the history of mankind, but hardly anyone ever believes me. But it is the truth.

Tell that to the guy who was hacked to death, it might be the safest but not always for everyone. It doesn't matter how many times this or whatever happened over history, this kind of thing should always be shocking and not the norm to any society.

Well... they apparently still do that in certain parts of Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.

Just saw this, ****ing terrible. Least they got what they deserved.

Tell that to the guy who was hacked to death, it might be the safest but not always for everyone. It doesn't matter how many times this or whatever happened over history, this kind of thing should always be shocking and not the norm to any society.

It is shocking and it's not the norm. That goes along with my point. In this past this kind of thing wasn't as shocking.

But yeah this is completely horrible.

That's how it always is. Safety is not something everyone gets. For most of us, the world keeps spinning after something like this, though that doesn't mean we can't be shocked to hear about something like this but not make claims that our species is in decline because of it.

I think the circumstances of the whole affair were particularly awful- we are used to bombs going off, people being shot, or stabbings where the perpetrator fleas the scene. But here, in the middle of the street in the middle of the day, some poor fellow gets run down by a car. Men get out of the car with tools, walk to wear he is lying, and slowly chop him to pieces. They try to cut off his head. Once they give up, they just stand around talking to people.

It is particularly disgusting. 'Nightmarish' is the most apt term I can use.

Last edited:
It was right by a primary school as well. Good thing the kids didn't see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"