Shane Black Directing Predator Sequel! - Part 2

Having the predators join with another intelligent sentient species to overcome a worse foe isnt "humanizing" them. It's making them seem smart. They are hunters and intelligent. They should understand the importance of cooperation and alliances when it serves their purposes. Every member of the species shouldn't be a bloodthirsty butcher with a one track mind.
There probably are. I’d always placed Predators similar to Klingons; they’re portrayed as bloodthirsty warriors with a sense of honour. As the Klingons are expanded on through Trek we learn that they’re not all warriors; some are farmers, artists, engineers, scientists, politicians etc

For the Predator culture to have advanced and evolved as much as they have, there must be engineers, scientists and farmers within their society and culture.

I mean the Predators and humans can work together, I have no issue with that. The Predators clearly have some form of moral code and so allying with a race that is clearly able to be a worthy opponent would make sense.

Teaming up to help protect the humans from the super-duper mega Predator is just stupid though. All that hybrid-crap was nonsensical and I doubt the original finale would fix any of it. At the very least it might've been more fun. Sure as hell would've been easier to see.

Having the predators join with another intelligent sentient species to overcome a worse foe isnt "humanizing" them. It's making them seem smart. They are hunters and intelligent. They should understand the importance of cooperation and alliances when it serves their purposes. Every member of the species shouldn't be a bloodthirsty butcher with a one track mind.

But it doesn't make them look smart. Introducing a worse foe has always served to diminish the Predator and make them look weak. I never said they should be stupid. Quite the opposite. The Predator of the original wouldn't require human assistance. They come to earth to hunt us for sport. It would be like a human teaming up with a rabbit.

But they don’t just pick any humans to hunt. They pick the ones that pose the biggest challenge, and occasionally those humans outsmart and end up killing them.

But they don’t just pick any humans to hunt. They pick the ones that pose the biggest challenge, and occasionally those humans outsmart and end up killing them.

They pick the best sport and if somehow defeated attempt to blow up their killer.

So, I watched it last weekend on the terrestrial TV. Figured why not. I think that my brain went out and I fell asleep. lol

Had to watch the rest of it the next day before deleting it from my auto-recording. Nothing to say except that it was a pile of barmy craps.:down

The only Predator films of consequence for me is the first two with the excellent protagonists Dutch and Detective Lieutenant Mike Harrigan.

Yeah, Predators is just boring. And with a premise like that? How do you f it up. And Adrien Brody is not a good lead in a movie like that.

I’ll actually take three of those over the mundaneness of Predators.

I would too tbh. I quite like the Alien 3 assembly cut, and the other two are much better visually albeit dumb as rocks.

Alien 3 wouldve been a good movie if it didnt totally **** on everything from Aliens.

Resurrection is dumb fun but wouldnt classify it as "good".

I cant stomach Prometheus and Covenant.

COVENANT genuinely ****in' rules. I didn't like it on release and I was wrong. That is a dark, nasty movie, probably the third best in the series.

I like PREDATORS a lot too. Easily the second best Predator movie.

COVENANT genuinely ****in' rules. I didn't like it on release and I was wrong. That is a dark, nasty movie, probably the third best in the series.

I like PREDATORS a lot too. Easily the second best Predator movie.

Unless someone comes out and outright says that David was trying to recreate Xenos and not be the actual creator of Xenos I just can't bring myself to enjoy it.

Prometheus would of been better off if Damon Lindelof didn't try to 'mystery box' Jon Spaihts original script.

Alien Covenant is hot garbage. I feel like Aaron Guzikowski is doing a better job of handling some of Ridley's Alien/Android/Religion concepts on TV show Raised By Wolves than the previous two Alien prequel films did.

Predators was fine. It was a straight forward film. Bunch of 'mysterious badasses getting picked off by Predators. The Predator was awful.

I've said it before, but I think the fundamental issue with almost every Predator followup is that they miss the point of the first movies. Predator and Predator 2 were not good because of a deep and compelling mythos about the alien hunter. They were good, because they were effectively riffs and deconstructions on then-popular movie genres, wherein an 80s Action Movie or a 90s Buddy Cop Movie run into the outside context problem of an alien monster. A new Predator movie needs to stop being only about itself, and go back to being a lens for playing with popular genres. Which, admittedly, might be hard since the most popular genre right now, Superheroes, is also one where an alien hunter *isn't* an OCP in the first place.

The new movie hopefully proves the idea that Predator should just Assassins Creed the franchise and have a Predator hunter warriors from different eras in history.

I think Predators was a decent, yet flawed, action movie and sequel. At least it felt like it respected what came before unlike The Predator.
Dude I liked Predators lol I saw it twice in theaters. Yes it isn’t perfect but it’s a decent action flick. I liked the concept of the film and it felt like a natural evolution of the franchise imo.

Dude I liked Predators lol I saw it twice in theaters. Yes it isn’t perfect but it’s a decent action flick. I liked the concept of the film and it felt like a natural evolution of the franchise imo.

My main problem with it I think was the doctor. And he's somehow able to recognize alien plant neurotoxins right off the bat.

That was Topher Grace character right? I liked the twist with his character even though it was predictable.

That was Topher Grace character right? I liked the twist with his character even though it was predictable.

His character made no sense unless the Predators were FBI agents or something that knew he was a killer cause it's never established that he was ever caught for it considering he is in normal every day clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"