• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings General Discussion and Speculation thread

Much better trailer than the first one IMO. Loved seeing more of Tony Leung and comic accurate Abomination was indeed a nice surprise. Can't wait to see what they do with him in the She-Hulk show and hopefully we get to hear atleast a little bit of Tim Roth's voice even if the scene is only like a few minutes long.

So, this movie looks good....but I dont wanna be that guy but I was hoping to see more...martial arts? I was hoping this was going to be more of a straight up kung fu action flick with lots of in-camera, one take fight choreography and stuff and I'm not getting that from the trailers, unless they're concealing all that stuff. Otherwise this kind of looks like....a standard MCU film. It looks good just...not impressed yet.

I think they are saving that

I didn't even think about Abomination being in the Thunderbolts or whatever they're going to call it in the MCU. Makes a lot of sense.

The glimpse of the dragon looks great! Went from tepid interest to intrigued, well done.

The first trailer didn't really do anything for me, but this one had me take notice.

Abomination was a nice surprise and, I know they said no earlier, but was that Fin Fang bloody Foom? :eek:

edit: Actually, I've decided it doesn't matter if it's not. No one will talk me out of this on this night. :nono:

E4sIyEkXwAEsnIa

Wait, what!?

There's the MCU connection I wanted to see.

Loved the trailer.
Shang-Chi is going to be amazing. Can't wait! :applaud

I didn't even think about Abomination being in the Thunderbolts or whatever they're going to call it in the MCU. Makes a lot of sense.

Especially if William Hurt doesn't want to wear a CGI body suit to play Red Hulk.

It could be Iron Man 4 and it wouldn’t be touching Black Panther numbers. Gonna be a while before things are totally back to normal.
This.

Some people seem to forget that Black Panther is the 5th highest-grossing superhero movie of all time, behind the 4 Avengers movies.

Interesting trailer. Visually unique and some really cool costumes!

Some of that green screen is so blatant. Also Abom fighting Wong? Oooookay that's random. Narratively I'm still trying to figure out why the hell he'd even be there instead of locked away. Seems like it's biting off the Hulk/Thor arena fight in Ragnarok.

Some of that green screen is so blatant. Also Abom fighting Wong? Oooookay that's random. Narratively I'm still trying to figure out why the hell he'd even be there instead of locked away. Seems like it's biting off the Hulk/Thor arena fight in Ragnarok.

Thunderbolt Ross might play a role in his freedom. He might have heard about this tournament and said that if Blonsky was to fight in this tournament, he would be granted his freedom. At least that's what Eric Voss thinks in that video I posted above.

Phase 4 of the MCU so far has been "let's bring back characters we haven't seen in a while" and I like it. WandaVision brought back Darcy Lewis and Jimmy Woo. Falcon and the Winter Soldier brought back Zemo, Ayo and Sharon Carter. And now Shang Chi is bring back Abomination.

Thunderbolt Ross might play a role in his freedom. He might have heard about this tournament and said that if Blonsky was to fight in this tournament, he would be granted his freedom. At least that's what Eric Voss thinks in that video I posted above.

How would they even begin to subdue him if he lost? In TIH it took a raging HULK to knock/choke him out.

I thought I'd be more excited than this about FINALLY getting Abom back in some capacity, but I dunno - just struck me ass odd here. Hopefully I think differently when I see the film.

How would they even begin to subdue him if he lost? In TIH it took a raging HULK to knock/choke him out.

I thought I'd be more excited than this about FINALLY getting Abom back in some capacity, but I dunno - just struck me ass odd here. Hopefully I think differently when I see the film.

It might be a situation where something happened where Blonsky is able to control his rage and anger when he hulks up. We haven't seen him in a long time, and MCU characters we haven't seen in a long time tend to change a lot.

If it is Blonsky fighting Wong, that puts the fan theory that the fighting tournament takes place between Infinity War and End Game out of the window because Wong would have been dead during that 5 year period and he didn't return until the Battle of Earth. I do think there will be a few callbacks to the 5 years in between, but the tournament I suspect is post- End Game if Blonsky is fighting Wong.

Aside from from maybe two or three moments, in the trailer I didn't see any green screen that look blatant. But maybe I missed it, I'll have to go back and look.

I think this will be an Ant-Man and the Wasp level hit... especially without China's Box Office.

This won't come close to touching Black Panther...

Personally I think its box office will range from 750-1billion, I don't see it not hitting at least 700 million, but we shall see.

Im surprised how positive this trailer is received here.
I have very mixed feelings about it, the 10 rings as a weapon is really dull if you asked me. I think fight scenes would be much better without this and I call it: It will be the first rotton movie in RT.

Im surprised how positive this trailer is received here.
I have very mixed feelings about it, the 10 rings as a weapon is really dull if you asked me. I think fight scenes would be much better without this and I call it: It will be the first rotton movie in RT.

It's mostly the surprise of Abomination as stated in closed captions.

SImu Liu has no charisma. He's just there.

In the case of Iron Fist there were some emotions, some liked him, some didn't, Simu Liu just reads lines, jokes and that's it.

There is nothing in this trailer that I didn't see in other Marvel movies, and the action is less impressive than in Netflix's Daredevil.

Little kung fu, a lot of cgi fest.

Heck of a better trailer and the surprise of seeing Fing Fan Foom, Abomination and Wong was definitely a pleasant surprise that added excitement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"