• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shazam Shazam General Discussion and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks pretty good. To be completely honest I know almost nothing about this character but I've always loved his costume.

Same with me. The most I think I've ever read of the character is a guest appearance in another comic. He was on a blanket I had as a kid along with Superman and Batman & Robin, I believe, so I also have a fondness for the costume design.

Looks fine as far I can tell. Awaiting Wb's official first look.

C’mon WB
200.gif

90's Flash vibes as in...the comics version of The Flash from the 90's?

Because the 90's Flash from SciFi was like...a bulky molded latex outfit.

Unless you're referring to the fact that they're both red and gold...which like, most versions of The Flash ever shares with most versions of Captain Marvel/Shazam.

Not understanding the comparison. At all.

When I saw it simply reminded me of the Flash live action show from the 90's. Good to see they are not shying away from the way the character looks, from what we can tell from those pics.

Looks very.. classic from that set picture. Quite bright as well, I was expecting the red to be more along the lines of what Superman's cape has been.

Hard to really judge any finer details of the suit from just the one, somewhat low quality, picture so I'll wait to see something official.

Every time a first look comes from blurry set pictures, it’s the same thing.
“Looks like cosplay”
Every ****ing time. :funny:

It is someone cosplaying in front of a camera.

Every time a first look comes from blurry set pictures, it’s the same thing.
“Looks like cosplay”
Every ****ing time. :funny:

"Why is it that cloth material?" - someone who has probably been begging for that same material on Batman

It looks decent but costumes never look great in these sort of pictures so I always wait for official photos.

I'm glad to see that the movie will take place during Christmas, at least at one point.

People are complaining about how this suit looks? I think it looks great, from what I'm seeing. Like the Cape has a more modern hood as opposed to a V collar.

"Why is it that cloth material?" - someone who has probably been begging for that same material on Batman

From my experience, the people who trash fabric costumes just lack the imagination to see past spandex or sculpted foam rubber. All the DC costumes have been great, especially Ironhead made stuff.

It's kinda funny seeing WB not releasing an official photo yet. Zack Snyder released an official photo of the new batsuit for BvS and that film's production went without any leaked pictures of that suit.

It always looks better in post. Most of the time.

I'll wait until we get a better look at the suit, but so far is "Eh" for me. The Turbo-Man jokes are funny, though.

I love it! It should look even better in a official still. It has the "fun" spirit of what Shazam should be. It's probably the most faithful DCU suit alongside Batman's. I couldn't be more pleased. So hyped for more!

When I saw it simply reminded me of the Flash live action show from the 90's. Good to see they are not shying away from the way the character looks, from what we can tell from those pics.

I liken that same tone of red to the 90's The Flash series-suit as well, which I like.

Looks like a blend of Alex Ross' rendition mixed with the New 52/Justice League: War design. Classic yet modern. :up: Not sure why they went with both the hood and the Elvis-style folding collar for the cape, but only time will tell how it looks in action.

Looks like a blend of Alex Ross' rendition mixed with the New 52/Justice League: War design. Classic yet modern. :up: Not sure why they went with both the hood and the Elvis-style folding collar for the cape, but only time will tell how it looks in action.

I hope it has the double breasted flap from the Alex Ross design.
C1dOpQeUsAA_n91.jpg

Arnold could have been a perfect Captain Marvel Shazam, back when 'Jingle all the way' was released. :o

Need a better look first.

But so far I'm conflicted. The DCEU costumes so far for the main heroes(specially the trinity) have been absolutely perfect. Its the perfect blend of comicbook accuracy, have it look modern, yet cool. And yes, it makes sense for Shazam's suit not to have Kryptonian nanotech, or advanced Kevlar fibre, or Amazonian armour, and it to have a more classic look, that mirrors a kid's imagination. I totally get that. And I also appreciate the Alex Ross' quality about it, as a huge fan of his artwork.

Its just that it looks cheap and a bit too simple/dated. Now I understand we need to see a better picture first, and with proper post production and grading, it could look amazing. I guess what I'm saying is while the idea is right, its totally about the execution. It will either look campy and cheap, or grand and classic. It's certainly a breath of fresh air, which I appreciate. I am a sucker for Silver Age costume design, so this is good.

Atleast its not leather/plastic.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I've found them pretty hit or miss. Wonder Woman and Batman are pretty amazing, but I thought Flash and Cyborg looked horrible. I prefer a simpler look to something like Flash, where I felt the suit was needlessly busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"