Shazam Shazam General Discussion and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't only want thespians. I'd just like somebody good and I've never seen a Rock performance I thought was all that great. He looks the part but he just isn't a very strong performer. We've never even seen him play a villain outside of his brief role in The Mummy Returns if I'm not mistaken. I'm not saying it couldn't work out. Just that there's not much evidence that he will deliver.

Also I would say Black Adam is beloved by comics fans. A lot of modern readers know and love him more than Captain Marvel/Shazam.

Last edited:
Hey, what about casting Brendan Fraser as Shazam next to The Rock's Black Adam?
That will not just be a great family adventure, but a clash between the leads of the Journey films

We know that Warner Bros Pictures is way behind Marvel Studios when it comes to making movies out of its comic book properties. But I have intel on what is coming up at this July’s Comic-Con from the studio. A lot of stuff remains in flux but my sources have so far: May 2016 – Batman v Superman
July 2016 – Shazam
Xmas 2016 – Sandman
May 2017 – Justice League
July 2017 – Wonder Woman
Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2

source: http://nikkifinke.com/comic-con/

Gonna go ahead and guess that Dwayne Johnson and Brad Peyton dropped Lobo for this.

I still think Shazam could work better as an animated movie.

SHAZAM_SCREEN_SHOT+copy.jpg
Yeah agreed! That'd be perfect. I'm not that excited about live action Shazam, but I'll see it if its good.

I hope I get to see this actually happen

I hope the makers just let the fantasy part of it fly. Even by comic book standards, it's kind of a silly concept, so just go all out and make it happen. That doesn't mean I want it to be turned into a kiddie movie-Let the film take itself seriously.

And if the films do cross over...I want my Superman/Shazam(Captain Marvel!) arm wrestling match

What a strange movie to bringing out before the likes of WW, GL and Flash. I guess WB want the JL boost to push those mentioned movies.

Shazam is down the list of heroes I want to see get solos so early on. And they will have to go for a very light hearted tone if they are forced to call it Shazam as that's going to be hard for the GA to take seriously.

it doesn't surprise me. They need a family friendly super hero movie, and in that regard Shazam could do wonders.

The Zod Superman fight didn't go down too well with the GA and you'd essentially have that again with Shazam Black Adam.

I read about MOS having too much action, but not about the zod/KAl fight. I love that fight.

I'm meh on this simply because I have no clue about Shazam. He's one of DC's superheroes that I have no interest.

It's an interesting concept. Little kid says magic word and becomes Superman (for all intents and purposes). BIG meets Superman. So you have the high jinx of a prepubescent boy in the most powerful body on the planet. Like Big, even the romance has possibilities. Imagine BIG but the protagonist can juggle cars.

This movie is suppose to come out 2016, I doubt it.

If there's no director, writer, and cast yet for this movie at this time then 2016 is not happening.

This movie is suppose to come out 2016, I doubt it.

If there's no director, writer, and cast yet for this movie at this time then 2016 is not happening.

First Class took a year to make and was freaking awesome.

The Zod Superman fight didn't go down too well with the GA and you'd essentially have that again with Shazam Black Adam.
:whatever::doh:
That's not what I've heard. One of many things that were aclaimed (not by the biased critics) were the coreography and the grounded touch on SUPERPOWERED BEINGS FIGHTING.
Of course maybe those you heard were the ones that were used to superman only catching giants globes and not giving a %$W punch, or used to only seeing Superman fighting in the 70's when pretty much they seemed that humans instead of superpowered kryptonians were fighting.

Also do you know that Shazam and Black Adam had powers different from superman. lighting hello? magic, hello?

One wonders if Shazam will be part of the Justice League given this rumor.

WB has wanted to make this movie for years, but I'm curious about that part of it.

Didn't Goyer mention before that Shazam, Metal Men, Sandman, etc would be separate from the Justice League stuff?

It was the executive from Warner Bros. that made the announcement.

Brad Peyton is probably the director , with The Rock as Black Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"