She-Hulk

what year is that? His style is very similar to Joey Q's... atleast from my skewed recollection.

here's the page I was referring to. It's from X-Factor 87 Feb 1992.
I flipped the page for comparison. Weird that I would just suddenly remember that. It's close, but not perfect. just similar poses and similar facial close ups. Not to mention both are speaking to Doc Samson.
qxfactor87.JPG

I don't like that She-Hulk pic. She's just basically a tall, typically anorexic comic book woman. I like a Shulkie with a little more meat on her bones, a la Adam Hughes':
S-hulk.jpg

Now there's a woman I can believe is able to level buildings with her bare hands. :D :up:

Nah she looks like a bimbo in that pic

Edit: I suppose thats a good thing:up:

She looks like a bimbo in every pic. Comic art doesn't exactly cater to women's brains. :o

hey, what issue is that she hulk page from? (the one in the hospital room)

She-Hulk's all sold out around here. I'm bummed. :(

I picked up the first issue......liked the story more than the art. I too thought her hands were too small and her face didn't look right. I'll pick up the next couple at least because of the writing.

Originally posted by C. Lee
I picked up the first issue......liked the story more than the art. I too thought her hands were too small and her face didn't look right. I'll pick up the next couple at least because of the writing.

I'm going to go to a friends house tonight to scan a couple pages so that everyone can see what we're talking about.

I read a copy at the store.... it's alright... I'll give it 18 to 24 issues.

Tops.

We need a She Hulk MAX series...

Seriously, it could spark some interest in the story, and hell, they might as well show something. You know how they used to pull that sticky black adhesive thing gag a couple of year's back? And how all of the stories used to be a parody somewhat? Step both of them up a couple of notches, I'd probably read it...

Originally posted by Mr. X
We need a She Hulk MAX series...

Seriously, it could spark some interest in the story, and hell, they might as well show something. You know how they used to pull that sticky black adhesive thing gag a couple of year's back? And how all of the stories used to be a parody somewhat? Step both of them up a couple of notches, I'd probably read it...

I wouldn't necessarily mind a MAX series but I wouldn't want them to show anything. I think the ****ty/bimbo-like She-Hulk is what they're trying to get away from in this series. And I think, based on one issue, they made a good start at it. By showing her naked or something they would reduce her to the She-Hulk stereotype again.

I dont want the ****ty/bimbo She Hulk either, exactly the opposite... She is a criminal defense lawyer and all... Nudity can be shown without it being cheap, or making her ****ty, or a bimbo. A little bit of realism, hell, no more skimpy outfits. Show her getting out of bed nude or something, I dont know... :D

How do you stereotype she-hulk? are all she-hulks good at math or something? are they all good at basketball and have long appendages, and if you enjoy sleeing with them, you have hulk-fever?

I don't think She-Hulk's a MAX type of character. Nudity's not just something to be thrown around for no good reason, and I can't think of a single reason why any good writer would need nudity in a She-Hulk comic.

Here's some picks to show the distortion of her arms, hands and face that I, among others, dislike in this series. Compare it to the other pics above and you'll see the difference.

She-Hulk1.jpg

She-Hulk2.jpg

She-Hulk3.jpg

ugh. It's like a scene from "Shallow Hal". Weird, because I completely didn't notice it while I was reading it

Is Holliway supposed to be Asian? Because he sure as hell looks a lot like the Mandarin there...

Anyway, I don't mind the offer of power deal. I thought it worked well when I read it and it holds up for me now. It's like a lawyer version of the Faustian bargain.

Er, actually, on second thought the lawyer's version of the Faustian bargain would be with something worse than the devil. ;)

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
Is Holliway supposed to be Asian? Because he sure as hell looks a lot like the Mandarin there...

Holliway doesn't sound like a very Asian name. And he didn't look all that Asian in the previous pages he was on.

The main thing I dislike about the way this sShe-Hulk looks is her arms. If you look at previous incarnations of the She-Hulk, she looks very muscular without looking like Popeye. I mean for pete's sake, her arms are bigger around than her thighs. This artist, who's name eludes me at the moment, doesn't seem to have a real feal for human anatomy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"