She-Hulk

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics' started by Elijya, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Elijya Registered

I feel human anatomy all the time

2. Cyclops Registered

I actually like that her arms look rather beefy. For a She-Hulk, she should be "hulking" to a degree. Muscular. Of course, Skottie Young did it much better, this one looks kinda flabby.

However, she should definitely NOT look skinny like in that previously posted drawing. I think a happy medium is needed. She should look very muscular in the arms, thick at the waist and legs, basically, big all over. "Plus-sized", if you will.

3. jediab Registered

Thanks everyone for mentioning this comic. I would have probably have missed it, but I managed to get a copy.

I thought it was a good story, and I look forward to the next issue. The art isn't too bad. Besides, this story gives us a chance to see different takes from different people on a great character.

4. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I agree with your idea on proportions but Skottie Young? Could you post the pic you're referring to? Because Skottie Young is one of the worst artists I've ever seen.

5. Cyclops Registered

Uh.... oh wait. I mean Skottie Kollins. Or Scott Kolins however you spell it. The guy who did the art for "Search for She-Hulk".

6. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

That makes so much more sense. Skottie Young pencils the Human Torch comic.

Skott Kolins drew a better She-Hulk than Bobillo, for sure. I'd only change one thing about Kolins' pencils and that would be to add some shadows under all those veins.

7. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

Yeah...the best thing it has going for it is the writing...I'll stick around for a while because of it.

8. DBM Mad Scientist

C. Lee, Do you get many comics? I see you in Community alot but I hardly see you here in the comics section.

9. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

I'm starting to get back into them. I collected all kinds in the 60's and 70's, but stopped buying in the mid 80's. I've always been a comic fan, but just seemed to move on to other things at that time. Lately I've been reading Planetary, Captain America, and the first couple issues of the new Ultimate Fantastic Four. I tried a couple issues of the "adult" Nick Fury last year, but just didn't get into Nick hollering "F" this and that. Basicly right now I'm just trying to figure out how much I want to get back into it (when I originaly quit buying a lot they were priced at about 75 cents each)....I have a wife and kid and lots of other interest to take my money.:D

10. Red Mask Human Killing Machine

Okay. Here's my two cents. First off, Joe Quesada's rendition of Polaris wasn't skinny. She looked fit and very tall. Adam Hughes's rendition is also impressive, but I wonder why she's sitting on top of Lockjaw. My peeve with the current She-Hulk artisit is that her thighs aren't as beefy as her arms. If they were, she'd look like Tina Lockwood in her competitive days. (Ahh, those wonderful days.) I enjoy seeing her with a stronger upper body. But she needs to have strong thighs too for good symetry.

11. Cyclops Registered

Too many Scotts or variants of the name in this inductry. Very confusing. :)

But yeah, I'd really like to see She-Hulk with the musculature that Kollins gave her, because that, in my opinion, is what a She-Hulk should look like - big. Freakin' huge, even. Seven-some feet tall, thickly muscled all over, even at those sensitive areas like the waist, hips, and thighs, and basically look like she could crush you like a tin-can if she wanted to. This She-Hulk looks kinda... blubbery, honestly. She's got the big part down, but the toning isn't there.

12. Red Mask Human Killing Machine

Yeah, it's not easy to find a good artist and inker that can give both. But then this is the She-Hulk. It's hard to create an ideal appearance when the idea of a big, strong woman isn't very common. Look at Power-Girl, for example. Can't anybody get her figure right and still capture the "power" part of her name?

13. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Chriscross would be a good artist for She-Hulk. He drew a rather meaty Wonder Woman not too long ago in JLA.

14. Omega Red Registered

I have to admit, I do like the comic, it is funny. That is why I like she hulk, she loves being green (pun intended)

15. Cyclops Registered

That's another chick who deserves to look big. It's funny how more often than not, men with superstrength can look like they're superstrong, but women who have it still have to be wafer-thin.

16. DBM Mad Scientist

I think She-Hulk should look big and muscular but I'm not so sure about WW. WW doesn't have her strength as a result of muscular strength, IIRC. Her's is based on the gifts of the gods. WW doesn't need to be drawn muscular because the muscles aren't the reason she is so strong.

17. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Thanks, DBM, I was about to post almost exactly the same thing verbatim. :D

And there are many super-strong men who aren't super-strong-looking, like Spider-Man, Balder, Captain Marvel, etc.

18. Cyclops Registered

Yes, but more often than not, when they're superstrong, they look it. And maybe WW shouldn't look as big as She-Hulk, but she should definitely look chiseled. Instead of the soft, smooth musculature of most comicbook characters, she should look very muscular.

19. CantThinkOfAName Registered

You should see her in Wonder Woman now. I forgot the name of the artist, but while he doesn't make her look beefy, she looks exceptionally strong. She's taller than like everyone, and i think she has bigger muscles than many of the regular men in the series. Its only when in comparison to other superheroes, gods, or amazonians does she looks normal.:o

20. Red Mask Human Killing Machine

I'd say the current artist makes WW look more 'big boned' than muscular. She looks taller too.

21. Elijya Registered

heh, well, you were right and you were wrong ;)

22. 3dman27 super-hero wannabe

i have a question does she hulk have two,personalites i've been reading on the hype that in civil war jenifer is PRO registration while shulkie's ANTI registration whats the scoop here?

23. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Jen doesn't have full-on schizophrenia like Bruce does, but she's ambivalent about the registration act. She supports it on principle because she's a lawyer, but she disagrees with parts of it as a superhero. Her current case has to do with Stamford and the registration act, so she's compartmentalizing her distaste for it and being a lawyer first, basically.

24. i'm Spider-Man Registered

well in CW #2 She-Hulk was with Iron Man and the registered heroes, so... guess that answers which side she's fallen onto?

25. 3dman27 super-hero wannabe

thanks