Hype Survivor SHH Survivor 30: Big Brother (Week 4) - Choose it, CHOOSE IT!!!

He who shall not be named has until 6pm to submit!

Whatever. Watching two movies soon on base and then viva la bam marathon on DVR!

So you're not planning to submit? Can we just move onto judging then?

We can...at 6pm!

Good knews everybody!!!! Everyone who's submitted has claimed that their's sucks! So it's anybody's game!!!! :D

You're all so negative on yourselves :(

You will have your day in court with the judges soon enough :o

If SOMEONE would hurry up!!! :cmad:

The judging PM is out! The 5 of you shall hear your results in time :up:

But, Cmill...for not submitting you ARE THE WEAKEST LINK! Goodbye :o

From this PoV at least.

I will give you my 2 cents on all your stories when results are posted and I can no longer influence the judging. But, you're co-host decided to attempt his own challenge and see what he would have done. I want comments on it (I am a writer after all), so while we wait for results, I'll give you all a chance to grill me!

So, here is my 500 word story:

Moment of Truth

She looks so peaceful. That's what you always hear in the movies when someone dies. She looks so peaceful. She's gone to a better place. I sit on the steps of my basement looking down at her. Looking at the terror on her face, the gashes on her arms, the dangling flesh on her neck, and I know something; there is no peace in death.

The banging at my door grows louder with each passing second. My time is short. For years, I have done everyting to survive this nightmare. Each unspeakable horror rushes through my head. The face of every woman and child who's final moment I was the only witness to. The screams, the severed limbs, the smell of death. I remember each and every one of them. But, all those things, I did them for us! Now, I sit in the basement all alone. Waiting to die. I avoided them for years, but I couldn't just leave you there. Not like that.

You shouldn't have been there tonight. I could have gotten the supplies out of that house myself. I could have tuned out your begging. You always wanted to come along, but I knew better. I knew you were no longer a kid. That you are capable of more than when we first began the fight. I knew that just looking into your eyes made me unable to think straight. Those beautiful eyes made the strongest man weak. I failed you.

The increasingly loud noise becomes nothing more than an echo as I see it again. The pride I saw in your face as we went home. I got lost, and then they came out of nowhere. Everywhere I looked. I saw nothing but decaying flesh. I could see nothing else, but through you, I found the strength to fight them off. Tears stream down my face as I am haunted by looking down at you; seeing them on you. Tearing you apart. Frozen in terror. Unable to scream. My head knew, I had to leave. There were too many to fight and you were lost. But, I got lost again. I sliced them apart with my boot knife, but the fear on your face was etched in stone. I was too late.

The door continues to weaken. I made a mistake in bringing you here tonight. Not because they followed me and will consume my flesh. Not because I will experience more agony than a man can bear. No. My mistake was bringing you here. For this moment. As I walk up to you, ax in hand, I am ready for the end. I look into your eyes. I see nothing. I know in my heart you're gone. Even as your body rises from the table. Even as you turn and look at me with evil in your eyes. My daughter is too good for this monster. I hoist up my ax. The moment of truth has arrived.

I'm sorry honey. Daddy loves you.

Maybe it mood I in, but please...judges, sometime before I get gray hairs.

It's only been a couple hours man :huh:

I already have 2 sets of results. It's the weekend, be patient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"