What character should Marvel films tackle next?

KangConquers

Purple Kang, Purple Kang
Reaction score
On the immediate Horizon, Marvel Films has movies coming out for 6 characters; Iron Man, The Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Ant-Man, and Nick Fury. After this an Avengers movie is planned.

I know this is looking far into the future, but what character would you like to see get marvel's attention after these 7 movies?

Doctor Strange is my #1 pick of the lot personally.

I would like to see a Heroes for Hire movie as a sequel to a Luke Cage and an Iron Fist movie.

something with namor in or the inhumans to make it all fresh...

iron fist or shang chi master of kung fu

No offense but doctor strange can wait

Captain America, black panther, Power man! Iron fist!

based on the poll i went with DP.

my personal pick, Howard the Duck. :hehe:

I say they Deadpool, then they make a new Howard the Duck, and after those two are made make Deadpool meets Howard the Duck.

Captain America
X-Statix
She-Hulk

No offense but doctor strange can wait

Captain America, black panther, Power man! Iron fist!

...do you guys read?

Captain America was on my list...

for the slow...the thick skulled and the tiny brained.

I said movies OTHER THAN

Thor
Captain America
Iron Man
Hulk
Nick Fury
Ant-Man

if you pick one of these you are IGNORING THE QUESTION.

Namor, hands down.... does universal still own the rights? or did they go back to marvel?

Namor has a chance to be the most epic, groundbreaking movie in a long while....

I'd like to see something done with the Black Panther, Wakanda would be epic to see on the big screen, and it be nice to have black hero that caries with him a sense of pride, dignity, and majesty.

Captain America
X-Statix
She-Hulk

As long as Fox still own the rights to X characters that movie or any other X Men spin off (X Factor, X Force, Genration X, Excalibur and ect) is never getting made.

...do you guys read?

Captain America was on my list...

for the slow...the thick skulled and the tiny brained.

I said movies OTHER THAN

Thor
Captain America
Iron Man
Hulk
Nick Fury
Ant-Man

if you pick one of these you are IGNORING THE QUESTION.

F**k U ******ed! go to hell! If you have problem with your temper don't do threads!

Good grief, calm the hell down people. Antoine, you may really want to edit that post, mods don't take kindly to flaming like that.

And I voted Doc Strange. Would love to see a movie about him, then Namor.

Daredevil -> Moon Knight -> Black Panther -> Iron Fist -> Deadpool

Because as I see these guys have comics to back up.

Can we get a C.A and Ant Man and Avengers before we talk about this other small scale projects? But if Marvel intends to dish out one major character every summer starting in 09... I'd pair it up with a smaller characters... stick Panther with Thor in 09... Power Man with C.A in 2010. Then Fist and maybe IM2/Hulk 2 (whichever film doesn't flop and does decently...).... hopefully Anvengers after that... but they should spread it out nice and evenly and have that major tentpole 150 million dollar type budget every summer from now till the end of the Hype.

:huh: Shang Chi-The idea is sound, and if he was still with us Bruce Lee would be ideal for the Big Screen. But I feel that there aren't enough folks who truly know of the character that would get excited enough to pack the theaters for the film to truly make it's money's worth. I think going the animated route with him would be better and more cost effective. Or they can go with a live action, straight to DVD release...with Donnie Yen in the role of Shang...spend about 25mil or less....could be good.

:grin: Doctor Strange-I love this idea, my personal choice for the role of the good doctor would be Liam Neeson. And to give it that dark mystical feeling, I'd have the director & special effects team from the last Harry Potter film do it.

:oldrazz: Namor-Another sweet deal, but I thought that The Rock was already in talks for this role? Or has that been changed?

:huh: Cloak & Dagger- Hmmm.....this would be risky another sound theory but would marvel really want to put in high $$$ on it? Dagger could be Renee O' Connor (Gabrielle from Xena) or Kelly Clarkson "Seriously". And depending on how old they wanna go with Cloak I'd vote for Tony Todd, Denzel Washington "if they're gonna spend some mega coin", or Malik Yoba. I'd give direction to the guys that brought us "The Craft".

:wow: Deadpool-Only if Ryan Reynolds will portray the role. If not, either scratch it or keep it animated with Dane Cook Voicing Deadpool.

:hehe: Black Panther-Originally this had Wesley Snipes all over it, but now I feel that Don Cheadle would do this role more justice; I know he's not that big, but neither was Michael Keaton when he played Batman...right? Now if they want to go for more muscular younger look for the Panther, Michael Jai White...Spawn himself. There is serious potential for this as a blockbuster release, if they got the guts to go through with it.

:csad: Hawkeye-Animated release, he's a cool character, but not worth big budget bucks....maybe live action-straight to dvd flick....and that's pushing it. I can take him or leave him.

Luke Cage-I'm slightly torn, it'd be interesting but he's never been high on the list. And last I read, Tyrese Gibson was approached for this role...that turned me off right there.

Iron Fist-If the masses don't come out to support it for marvel to really make it's money, it'll flop big. Ray Park or not.

:huh: Shang Chi-The idea is sound, and if he was still with us Bruce Lee would be ideal for the Big Screen. But I feel that there aren't enough folks who truly know of the character that would get excited enough to pack the theaters for the film to truly make it's money's worth. I think going the animated route with him would be better and more cost effective. Or they can go with a live action, straight to DVD release...with Donnie Yen in the role of Shang...spend about 25mil or less....could be good.

:grin: Doctor Strange-I love this idea, my personal choice for the role of the good doctor would be Liam Neeson. And to give it that dark mystical feeling, I'd have the director & special effects team from the last Harry Potter film do it.

:oldrazz: Namor-Another sweet deal, but I thought that The Rock was already in talks for this role? Or has that been changed?

:huh: Cloak & Dagger- Hmmm.....this would be risky another sound theory but would marvel really want to put in high $$$ on it? Dagger could be Renee O' Connor (Gabrielle from Xena) or Kelly Clarkson "Seriously". And depending on how old they wanna go with Cloak I'd vote for Tony Todd, Denzel Washington "if they're gonna spend some mega coin", or Malik Yoba. I'd give direction to the guys that brought us "The Craft".

:wow: Deadpool-Only if Ryan Reynolds will portray the role. If not, either scratch it or keep it animated with Dane Cook Voicing Deadpool.

:hehe: Black Panther-Originally this had Wesley Snipes all over it, but now I feel that Don Cheadle would do this role more justice; I know he's not that big, but neither was Michael Keaton when he played Batman...right? Now if they want to go for more muscular younger look for the Panther, Michael Jai White...Spawn himself. There is serious potential for this as a blockbuster release, if they got the guts to go through with it.

:csad: Hawkeye-Animated release, he's a cool character, but not worth big budget bucks....maybe live action-straight to dvd flick....and that's pushing it. I can take him or leave him.

Luke Cage-I'm slightly torn, it'd be interesting but he's never been high on the list. And last I read, Tyrese Gibson was approached for this role...that turned me off right there.

Iron Fist-If the masses don't come out to support it for marvel to really make it's money, it'll flop big. Ray Park or not.

last we heard actually was David Boreaniz (Angel) had talks with marvel and auditioned

why not have ryan reynolds voice him if it's animated.

Because it wouldn't go over as well, at least I don't think so. Ever since the Buzz on this started, it was all about Ryan Reynolds playing the live action character, people marked out about that idea; myself included & the fact that he know's the character makes him in the live action that much more exciting to see. If the live action idea falls through, I seriously doubt Marvel would spend the coin to put Ryan on Voice acting duty; granted he's not a ultra mega hollywood star, but he's worth some top dollar. They could get Dane cook who's just as funny, and would probably be more willing to do Voice Acting at a fraction of the cost.

Marvel has already put the live Ryan/Deadpool visual in the minds of the fans, we see it, we like it, some demand it. Busting him down to Voice Acting an animated version would go sour, it'd be a complete super swerve. Imagine them doing that to the Blade Franchise.

F**k U ******ed! go to hell! If you have problem with your temper don't do threads!

No. You proved your illiteracy.

It's like if I asked "What's your favorite food other than pizza."

You are the kid with drool on your shirt who went "Durr pizza."

Next time, try not to make a fool of yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"