Should American public schools mandate uniform dress code?

Question, what do you guys think? I personally think use of uniforms in public schools (K-8 at least) would help improve the level of discipline and respect for education in public schools. I've heard other arguments like "kids have civil rights"..etc...which I think is stupid.
it's a great idea.....but in a country our size, wouldn't work

Besides, You can't go wrong with this look.:wow: :woot:

UA8879.jpg

Fat chicks are going to be wearing those too you know? :o

The thing is, I went to a very conservative and strict private school with a fairly strict dress code for four years. And I hated almost every minute of it. The teachers were way too uptight and stuck up, most of my classmates were jerks, and I must admit, alot of the rules were pretty damn stupid. I had alot of problems, psychologically speaking, after leaving that school. I then went to a much more relaxed, laid back school, and while I had some troubled stemming from the aformentioned problems, I flourished there. So, I'd have to say no.

Yes,there should be some dicipline.They think they are unique,but they are not.Look in a crowd,many of those people think they are different from the others around them..yet to you,they all look the same.

The subject is Public Schools, and if you've had to go 10+ years in one, a rough school system in a hood ass district, you'll realize that poor people build themselves up by tearing down other poor people.

Giving them a pair of kahki's and a white shirt is 20 years overdue.

Uniforms and dress codes undermine individuality, both physically and pyschologically. Plus, doesn't the idea of a whole school of children dressed in red, white and blue just rank of 1930's Germany?

My feelings on dress codes of any nature is that they should be based completely on functionality. Therefore, I can see the nature banning transparent clothing or clothing with offensive slogans etc..because that would be disruptive. Other than that, I've always hated dress codes.

I would have had a gone berserk in high school had I been told I had to wear some goofy uniform 5 days a week. I've always found dress shoes to be uncomfortable, dress shirts and blazers to be hot and ties to be constricting. And don't even get me started on khaki pants. That has got to be one of the ugliest fashions ever invented. So, as you might expect, I'd give a resounding "No" to school uniforms.

Trust me In the UK even most of the bad Ghetto schools have Unifoms and the girls still act ****ty, the bullies will still find something else to bully other kids over and bad behaviour will still exist.

Trust me In the UK even most of the bad Ghetto schools have Unifoms and the girls still act ****ty, the bullies will still find something else to bully other kids over and bad behaviour will still exist.

Well said. If US public school focus on changing clothing, that is all that will change. It's a waste of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"