The Dark Knight Should Bale's Batman Be Portrayed More Like Conroy's Batman?

raybia

Signing off
Reaction score
When I watch BB for the first time, I when away wishing Batman was more like the TAS. Granted, I realized that this was Year 1, but it was still noticable different.

After watching BB again last night, I starting thing that Conroy's Batman would probably be a little out of place in Nolan's world after all.

I know what you mean, but I don't mind it. I posted this in a different thread:

Ronny Shade said:
There's a big difference between Conroy's Batman and Bale's Batman. Conroy's Bats is the kind that will stand in the shadow an stare at you until you *** your pants. A quiet kind of badass. Bale is loud and in your face an emotionally unstable. He will drop you off a building. Different kind of scary.

They both work. I don't know if Bale would be quite as effective if he tried to emulate Conroy.

Ronny Shade said:
I know what you mean, but I don't mind it. I posted this in a different thread:

They both work. I don't know if Bale would be quite as effective if he tried to emulate Conroy.

It may be like forcing a size 11 foot into a size 9 1/2 shoe.

Ugh, I'm getting kind of tired of this. If they wanted to copy BTAS, they would make a BTAS movie. Bale is a great Batman in his own way, just like Conroy. Just enjoy both.:)

Mee said:
Ugh, I'm getting kind of tired of this. If they wanted to copy BTAS, they would make a BTAS movie. Bale is a great Batman in his own way, just like Conroy. Just enjoy both.:)

Ok.

Which would be superior: A Live action BTAS or Nolan's Batman

Ronny Shade said:
tough call

reeally tough call

Of course I'm assuming that the TAS movie would have casting, directing and writing, budget and everything else on par with Nolan's films.

The only thing is that TAS could get away with stuff that would probably look kinda corny on screen

Ronny Shade said:
The only thing is that TAS could get away with stuff that would probably look kinda corny on screen

A TAS movie would still have costume issues and many of the same issues that making a serious Batman movie would bring.

So you're talking just characterizations and writing.

I would love to see it, but I also love Begins.

Though Bale was the best part of begins.

It comes down to which interpretation of Batman do I like better, and honestly, I'm torn.

Ronny Shade said:
So you're talking just characterizations and writing.

I would love to see it, but I also love Begins.

Though Bale was the best part of begins.

It comes down to which interpretation of Batman do I like better, and honestly, I'm torn.

Yes, just characterizations and writing mostly. Maybe also pushing the enevlope to some extent with some of more fanatical elements. After all TAS is a world where the superhuman and the supernatural do exist.

It would probably be more action oriented too.

Could you imagine a live movie from the episode where Scarecrow killed Batgirl? OMG!

I like that aspect. I'd want them to bring in the superhuman stuff in later movies of this series.

Ronny Shade said:
I like that aspect. I'd want them to bring in the superhuman stuff in later movies of this series.

See the last line of my prev. post.

raybia said:
Ok.

Which would be superior: A Live action BTAS or Nolan's Batman
For me, I like Bats dark. BTAS was a great cartoon, I love MOTP, but Begins is better IMO.

Ronny Shade said:
I dont know if I ever saw that one :confused:

Its the one where Batgirl was gassed by the Scarecrow and she imagined that Scarecrow through her off the roof and slammed on top of Gordon's car.

Gordon treated her and before she died she said "Dad", to Gordon's surprise when it lifted the mask it was Barbara.

Gordon when after Batman with a vengence and acted on his hunch that Batman was Wayne.

crazy. Yeah I never saw that one...

good stuff for a movie.

Ronny Shade said:
crazy. Yeah I never saw that one...

good stuff for a movie.

Gordon even released Bane to help him hunt down Batman and also went after Grayson.

One of the coolest episodes ever.

If some of us "BTAS" fans want a "BTAS"-like movie.

Then, they got to do a "BTAS" Killer Croc. Not the later one where they made him green and with scales, but when he was gray and had a skin defect and was a former circus performer before becoming a coldblooded serial-killer.

-The Ventriloquist from "BTAS" would work.

- Mad Hatter would work as a female stalker. I don't know why some people think he should be a child rapist. He's not Peter Pan or Michael Jackson people.

Mad Hatter I don't think could work as a full villain character, but you could show him at Arkyum and talk about how he was stalking a female coworker at work named Alice and was obsessed with the fantasy and wonderment of Wonderland. And you could cameo Dr. Strange going over his symptoms. Harley Quinn could also be introduced here as well.

-Manbat would fall out of Nolan's reality-based Batman.

-Babydoll I think could work as a thug. But instead of going with her growth defect, you could just have a female midget play her. She could even be apart of Penguin or Joker's gang and have either or's gang be a group of freaks.

lol since when is Peter Pan a child rapist?

raybia said:
Gordon even released Bane to help him hunt down Batman and also went after Grayson.

One of the coolest episodes ever.
Yes indeedly doo.

Ronny Shade said:
lol since when is Peter Pan a child rapist?

In Michael Jackson's world he is. Think of the reason why he named his amusement park "Neverland Ranch." ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"