First Avenger Why I don't want Cap revived in Avengers

well i still say first we know film will be all ww2 so no worries there. As for how he is getting frozen or what not there is a variety of ways they can go into it. A, to the classic move he is trying to stop a bomb from going off its flying over a frozen tundra spot/The artic and he stops the bomb but is flung into the cold water or into a frozen mountain side. B. Maybe they can go into saying Red skull was working on some cold fusion bomb or early suspended animation stuff. So say if its a bomb it goes off with rogers riding it lets say and its over some barrien cold place like option A but its not the cold that freezes him its the fusion bomb that froze his cells and he is only kept alive barely due to the SSS. OR you can say if its suspended animation thing maybe red skull had a base it was at in the artic tundra like i said red skull and steve have a showdown there the allies nuke the place but both rogers and skull are in a underground chamber were the equipment is the bomb knocks out the base and triggers some instant freezing and both are frozen together. Or steve due to SSS isnt frozen as soon as skull is and gets a bit away from him and is frozen. To be found in the present day. Then you can say since steve wasnt in the same spot as skull maybe an assoicate of skull found him in suspended animation after the bombing. They take skull's body with them. And dont notice steve's body maybe cause with the blast that took out the base maybe he was under some frozen rubble or what not.

Then like i said we know the film will have to lead into avengers. I think it would be nice to have that after credit scene(and internet savy folks would know of it to stay and watch) and then after the showdown with skull and rogers it flashs to present day. Shield is working with X government at the site of the base which was found and roger's suspended animated body is found for option B. and for option A like i said before if he was frozen in ocean or a mountain side to maybe go some divers/hikers find something. This leads to Shield going to site. Then we end scene with X shield members(fury and/or stark) finding the body. Then the last moment we see steve in hospital setting and he awaken.

Then The avengers film can pick up right at that moment. Or they can say maybe a few weeks or months happened between rogers waking up at the closer of cap film and avengers film.

it was confirmed long ago first avenger is going to be totally ww2. At most only present day we will get is maybe a post credit scene were steve how ever he gets frozen or what not is discovered by "X" character to lead into avengers.

Maybe the after credit scene will be the scene deleted in TIH. Banner stumbles upon Rogers while he is working out his mental issues.

What do you guys think about Fury sending Iron Man after Banner and having an Iron Man/Hulk fight to open the movie? It could tie in TIH and in the battle they discover Captain America. I think Hulk fighting IM in regular armor would be cool, and if they do the Ultimates thing it would give Tony an excuse to justify some Hulkbuster armor if they decide to fight Hulk again in the movie. Just a thought.

would make a great fight scene are u thinking for that for opening of avengers or for cap solo?

He's a thought: why don't they revive Captain America at the beginning of his movie? Steve will wake up in modern times, Fury or somebody will ask him what he remembers, and he'll tell them his whole story. The entire movie can be one long flashback scene.

If the movie is done that way then they won't have to find a way to fit Cap's revival into the actual Avengers movie, and it won't feel like his revival is just something tacked onto the end of his movie, either.

That also means we can have a cool after the credits scene involving something other than ice cube Cap being found by Stark or Fury, which would be awesome. Anybody for an after credits scene of Fury presenting Cap with his shield, and asking him to lead the Avengers? (Stark can be in the background with a "WTF?! I never agreed to that!" look on his face) Now that would fit with the pattern already established by Marvel, the pattern being that all the after credits scenes so far (all two of them) deal directly with the formation of the Avengers in one way or another. A scene like that would certainly explain away the First Avenger part of the movie title, too.

I have faith that the guys who brought us IM and TIH wont frak this up...either way is fine with me

The thing for me is, I want to see Cap have a solo adventure in modern time as well as WWII. So I would like his first film to be 1/3 in WWII and 2/3 in modern time. That means we get a WWII adventure in the first part, and him coping with the man out of time concept and adventure in modern after that. I think that will make a pretty complete film. Then the Avengers film can simply be about him taking the role of leader. That way, we get everything.

well co2 we already know that first avenger will be all ww2 its been stated multiple times from marvel. As to how cap will be in modern times for avengers, either the closing scene will be him "dying" and being found. He "dies" at the end.... and after credit scene of him being found in present day. Or he "dies" at the end of the film and they leave him being found for opening for avengers.

Personally, I hope that they show Cap being frozen by means of an early form of cryonics, and then gets revived with 21st century technology. I just don't see movie audiences buying the idea that he could go into suspended animation under natural circumstances. If he was frozen in a laboratory setting it would give it an air of plausibility that he could go into suspended animation, and the reasons for him not being revived until the 21st centure would be because the technology didn't exist until then (with Stark Industries likely having a hand in it).

Something like that wouldn't be a bad idea. Another good idea would be what they did in X-Men Evolution. There, Cap was put into cryo stasis because the Super-Soldier Serum was killing him. So they froze him til they could find a cure. They could do the same here, only Banner finds a cure for Cap, and stabilizes the Super-Soldier Serum. That'd be a nice tie-in.

well co2 we already know that first avenger will be all ww2 its been stated multiple times from marvel.

Yeah, I know. I was just expressing what I would have preferred.

where was it stated that First Avenger would be all WW2

marvel has said it in multi interviews for awhile that cap would be all in ww2. There is no need to pull him into present day to the end of the film and he is awaken in 200s compared to the mid 1940s. Sorry i dont have any links on hand. But if you do a google search i am sure you will come by the comments.

He's a thought: why don't they revive Captain America at the beginning of his movie? Steve will wake up in modern times, Fury or somebody will ask him what he remembers, and he'll tell them his whole story. The entire movie can be one long flashback scene.

If the movie is done that way then they won't have to find a way to fit Cap's revival into the actual Avengers movie, and it won't feel like his revival is just something tacked onto the end of his movie, either.

That also means we can have a cool after the credits scene involving something other than ice cube Cap being found by Stark or Fury, which would be awesome. Anybody for an after credits scene of Fury presenting Cap with his shield, and asking him to lead the Avengers? (Stark can be in the background with a "WTF?! I never agreed to that!" look on his face) Now that would fit with the pattern already established by Marvel, the pattern being that all the after credits scenes so far (all two of them) deal directly with the formation of the Avengers in one way or another. A scene like that would certainly explain away the First Avenger part of the movie title, too.

I kind of like this idea. They could even tie-in the search for Captain America in IM2 by showing maps and pictures in Tony's lab as to where he might be located. At the end of the Captain America movie, assuming that he's telling his story to someone, instead of Fury we see Stark give him the shield saying something along the lines of "I thought you might need this."

Another idea, It would be cool if both Cap and Thor would be revived in the Avengers movie.

-Imagine a Cap film with his whole origin and then he fights during WWII, maybe faces the Red Skull, it ends when he falls into icy waters(done like the Ultimates where as he start falling deeper into water, we hear him reading the letter he wrote to his girlfriend). When it's the End of the movie it's wrriten on screen "see you in present day in the Avengers!".

-Imagine the whole life of Thor told in one movie when he was young, when he became a teenager, then a man, he fights various threats, until Asgard faces Ragnarok, it's the Twilight of the Gods. The End.

-Avengers movie starts. Chaos around the World. From natural diasters to crime to viruses are augmented to a million fold. World economy is on the brink. There's constitutional problems in America. A ship appears, a being comes out promising to solve all the World problems. His name is Kang, a supposed extra-terrestial and people agree to his whim. Everything go back to normal. This new being is loved but only the so-called Iron Man is skeptical. Stark find out what he is and what he wants to do, they both fight and then Iron Man reveals everything to humanity. Kang insert a device in Bruce Banner to control him and send Hulk against Stark. Iron Man-Hulk fight. Stark goes into critical condition, Hulk/Banner is trapped in a powerful reactor in Stark Industry. Next day, bang electricity gone, the World turns into another Dark Age. There's a resistance that start to come together all around the World. A band of merry men lead by a guy named Clint Barton that has been raised by a traditional old Indian Chief actually manages to enter Kang's ship. They find the body of Captain America in statis and the Hammer of Thor. You see Kang is a time traveller that has been collecting elements from the greatest warriors of the past and in the case of Cap it was the whole man himself! Kang got him before he died/drown and he got Thor's Hammer just as Ragnarok was about to happen. "Hawkeye" and his friends free Cap, then a man named Donald Blake who was one of the allies of Clint, touch the hammer of Thor and boom becomes Thor himself! There is now a fighting chance.

That's an example of what could be done with Cap being ressurected in Avengers. In a way he comes back as the world need him the most during a huge World threatening event. Thor and Hulk come back too for this incredible situation. And all the Cap soul searching and trying to adapt in a different World could be done in Captain America 2. Cap 2 would be the ideal place for half the movie with him finding himself in this new World and the other half fighting the return of the Red Skull.

Last edited:
an interesting idea but i doubt that will be happening. Cap myself i guess will get frozen in some fashion by the end of first avenger. Then more likely then not a closing scene with stark/fury finding the body with maybe the final second see caps eyes open up and stark/fury says "Welcome back steve rogers!".

As for thor we already know its going to be pretty much an adult thor(who in his world's time is probably a couple thousands of years old) but earth time probably in his mid 20s-early 30s looks. We also know thor is going to take place in his home dimension plus present day earth. So i doubt your idea would happen. Plus we have no clue what or who will be the threat for the avengers yet.

Here is a little repeat of what I wrote a couple months back...

I would rather that he is found by pure chance, by adventure-hikers or something like that, making their way across a glacier in the acrtic. Someone sees "something" in a large crevasse. They go down and dig to expose the shield, then notice a facial shape just below the ice. They kind of quietly freak out. Someone digs out the dog tags and realizes that this is a US soldier from WWII.

The scene jumps to the pentagon, and some official (Sec. of Defense maybe), or some general... is briefed that the State Department has notified them that the US Embassy in Norway has identified the remains of a fallen US soldier from WWII, and is having him flown into DC. The general / official is mildly interested... after all, that would be quite a thing. Then the speaker says, it is Captain Steve Rogers... then the general / official really perks up.

He says, are they certain???

Yes sir, it has been confirmed.

Get someone to the landing strip immediately, and bring him here. Notify Director Fury's office and General Greller (the black general that seemed to be a star or two above General Ross in TIH).

Jump to a scene when the frozen soldier is being wheeled to a observation room. Fury, the original official / general and Greller (perhaps a couple others) are bickering about some stuff... then Fury says, this situation falls directly within our investigative juristiction. There are important things for us to analyze before Captain Roger's remains can be remitted to military custody. Greller makes a look, but says nothing (foreshadowing to the fact that he knows Ross has his own Super Soldier pet project going on... meaning that this event takes place prior to the events of TIH).

We see a couple of doctors about to do an autopsy, when one notices the ever so slight movement of the chest... he pauses and stays perfectly still. He stares at the chest looking to confirm movement. The other doctor says, what???

Shhh...

The first doc hustles across the room to get a stethescope, and the other says, what are you doing... He ignores and gently places the stethescope on Roger's chest and listens... His eyes goes wide with surprise... The camera angle looks directly at Roger's face from overhead... and then zooms in (as though to enter his mind and thoughts... flashing back to a scrawny kid standing on a street corner with a bunch of people gathered around a radio, listenning to the Rossevelt Infamy speech).

Then it goes from there.

From a different thread...

... Cap discovers plans to build an army of Nazi super soldiers in a secret facility in the arctic (far North Scandanavia). Cap goes to take the facility out. Once he infiltrates, he sees that the place is the stuff of nightmares. Human experiments, SSS tests gone wrong, mutated and broken test subjects... utterly inhuman and repulsive.

The mad scientist behind it all is Baron Zemo. Skull has escaped from the battle-field and is there to drive Zemo for completion of his experiments and build the Super Army once and for all. Cap sees the horrors of the place, and that Zemo / Skull are close to success (albeit a monsterous success - which would make an army of monstrosities). He knows that he must stop this program and destroy the facility.

He finds the reactor core, or some other thing of that nature... he is then discovered... the heat is on... plenty of action ensues... he destroyes some control panel with a well-aimed shield throw... and a chain reaction causes the place to go up like the 4th of July. He escapes and is hurled by the blast off into the icy cold. Skull and Zemo are seemingly destroyed. Cap trudges on in the artic night, and finally succumbs... falling into a ice crevasse, sliding down into the darkness... being covered over by blowing snow and ice.

Alternatively, the facility could be a cosmic generator, as a prelude to a later film (Avengers) where the Cosmic Cube is finally manufactured.

should be interesting to see how they will go with "Cap dying" and being "Found".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"