• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should Marvel's animation division be better than it is right now?

Marvel should be doing a few animated movies by now, direct to DVD of course. The money they would get from them, with the young audience along with adult fans would be quite a lot

Wow looks like the new guardians of the Galaxy series is a huge spike in quality. I wonder who they're getting for voice actors?

The trailer was short, but looked cool. Definitely heavily influenced by the movie (there had been an earlier teaser poster that looked more like they wanted to do their own thing). Not that I'm opposed to it, I liked the movie quite a lot.

That teaser in terms of quality of animation, the style of it all, looked different than what USM or AA is right now. Honestly it had the look of something that was a mix of a show like TRON: UPRISING and something like IGPX. Here's hoping it actually is of a higher quality than the current crop of TV toons they have out.

People keep forgetting that Marvel Animation's dept is still small. I believe it's the smallest division of Marvel Studios I think that's why they seem to outsource their DTV's.

Yeah well they are owned by Disney after all....The point is, they aren't putting enough focus on animation, which is puzzling, 'cause "they are owned by Disney after all.":huh:

Why were they more productive and have superior quality prior to the Disney acquisition? Everyone assumed the opposite would happen. They could/should easily be rivaling DC's output in the DTV market and quality on the animated series front. They need a Kevin Feige-type running the animation department. Hell, Greg Weisman of SSM fame is working with Marvel on that new Star Wars comic, nudge him over to the animation division....

We all know that a surge is coming from the animation side, that sooner or later they'll raise their game and a snowball of momentum will start to carry them, but the question is when? When?

Guardians does look like a step up for sure, so perhaps it's the first step.

Last edited:
Yeah well they are owned by Disney after all....The point is, they aren't putting enough focus on animation, which is puzzling, 'cause "they are owned by Disney after all.":huh:

Why were they more productive and have superior quality prior to the Disney acquisition? Everyone assumed the opposite would happen. They could/should easily be rivaling DC's output in the DTV market and quality on the animated series front. They need a Kevin Feige-type running the animation department. Hell, Greg Weisman of SSM fame is working with Marvel on that new Star Wars comic, nudge him over to the animation division....

We all know that a surge is coming from the animation side, that sooner or later they'll raise their game and a snowball of momentum will start to carry them, but the question is when? When?

Guardians does look like a step up for sure, so perhaps it's the first step.

Before the Disney acquistion Marvel Animation was handled by FILM ROMAN & Lionsgate. Now its done mostly by Marvel Animation Studios, which isn't even a year old. Like PIXAR Marvel is a seperate entity from Disney. Actually Greg Weisman just got the BOOT.

Also I heard alot of waiting was done because of rights issue. If you remember the original 8 Marvel DTVs revolved around the character ( when Marvel Studios started it started with 12 properties and those were the ones used in the DTVs.)

Since then the Defenders, GoTG, and I think Spider-Man can be done. DC has to focus on the DTVs because WB don't have faith in DC cartoon shows. Disney has faith in Marvel's cartoons so they can wait for the animated films IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"