Revenge of the Fallen Should Optimus die in this one?

To kill Optimus Prime is to kill the Transformers franchise.

not entirely killed.
y'know...something like POTC 2...where Jack Sparrow is devoured.
the audience is left in doubts.
should happen something like this in the end of Transformers 2.
but not devoured, of course...maybe fall in the deep of some place or I don't know what.
and have Megatron coming back. all in the final. would be a huge end/cliffhanger, imo.

I wouldn't want to see any more pointless cliffhangers. They're just so over done in these kinds of movies these days that I'm beginning to almost expect them. What's worse is the way they get included at the end of a second installment in a way that is so obvious about having the character come back that the demise means little in the first place. Add to that the half hour of convoluted story telling in bringing the character back and the history of mediocrity in third installments that have done this...

If Prime is ever going to die I'd say the way to do it would be to have him heroically sacrifice himself and then he should stay dead. Otherwise there's no point. Better yet, just keep him alive.

I wouldn't want to see any more pointless cliffhangers. They're just so over done in these kinds of movies these days that I'm beginning to almost expect them. What's worse is the way they get included at the end of a second installment in a way that is so obvious about having the character come back that the demise means little in the first place. Add to that the half hour of convoluted story telling in bringing the character back and the history of mediocrity in third installments that have done this...
most movies do cliffhangers when they know there will be a third.
such as Back to The Future 2, Spider-Man 2, POTC 2...

Hmmm, no. But maybe in the third one, sacrificing himself to destroy Unicron.

I don't think they should kill off Optimus Prime but he should get beaten up badly in the film in the middle if they want dramatic effect.

I wouldn't have any problem with him sacrificing himself eventually.

Seriously. It's completely in character (especially to anyone who saw the first movie).

Skowl said:
To kill Optimus Prime is to kill the Transformers franchise.

That may have been true back in 1986, but today, I think any TF continuity is capable of moving on without him if they could just come up with a halfway-decent successor. I think Rodimus Prime would have made a great leader in the cartoon if they had kept the badass who threw Galvatron into space with his bare hands at the end of the '86 movie, instead of the mopey Optimus worshipper we saw in the remaining season of the series.

Why would you want Optimus Prime to die? It didn't go well in any transformers series. it pisses people off. He is such an icon in this franchise that they'd only repeat the same mistakes they did in the animated film. I mean, even Bay hated the animated film.
I just think its not something they should experiment with.

Why would you want Optimus Prime to die? It didn't go well in any transformers series. it pisses people off.

It worked VERY well for Beast Wars when Megs Jr. blew Prime's comatose head off in the Ark. That was the very hook that got me back into TFs. I'm not hacked that they ever kill off classic TF characters; what annoys me is when they keep being brought back, over and over.

He is such an icon in this franchise that they'd only repeat the same mistakes they did in the animated film. I mean, even Bay hated the animated film.

I don't see why not. I'm fairly sure the main reason TF fans got upset with Prime's death in 1986 is because back then the vast majority of TF fans were under 10 years old. That isn't entirely true anymore. I liked all the little inclinations Bay threw into the final battle to suggest that Optimus may be the one who gets sent to the scrap heap, but I just think it's too early in this portion of the franchise to be thinking about killing him off. I do endorse more casualties among the "old standards", though: in fact, if it were my call, by the end of the third film Bumblebee would be the only 'classic' TF from the first film still alive.

Why would you want Optimus Prime to die? It didn't go well in any transformers series. it pisses people off. He is such an icon in this franchise that they'd only repeat the same mistakes they did in the animated film. I mean, even Bay hated the animated film.

Yeah, that's the director you want handling the largest adaptation of a franchise ever....someone who hates the "source material."

Optimus Prime has die because....

Optimus is the Autobot's Messiah....he is Autobot Jesus.*

Optimus Prime has die because....

Optimus is the Autobot's Messiah....he is Autobot Jesus.*

Well, that, too. :woot: I just don't think they should be treating him like he's the Kenny of the Transformers franchise.

Well, the Decepticons have lost their leader twice so far and that was basically in one movie. If anyone is the Kenny of this particular franchise so far it's Megatron.

It worked VERY well for Beast Wars when Megs Jr. blew Prime's comatose head off in the Ark. That was the very hook that got me back into TFs. I'm not hacked that they ever kill off classic TF characters; what annoys me is when they keep being brought back, over and over.

I don't see why not. I'm fairly sure the main reason TF fans got upset with Prime's death in 1986 is because back then the vast majority of TF fans were under 10 years old. That isn't entirely true anymore. I liked all the little inclinations Bay threw into the final battle to suggest that Optimus may be the one who gets sent to the scrap heap, but I just think it's too early in this portion of the franchise to be thinking about killing him off. I do endorse more casualties among the "old standards", though: in fact, if it were my call, by the end of the third film Bumblebee would be the only 'classic' TF from the first film still alive.

:p Oh i thought you guys meant to kill him off permanently. Well in that case im for it, i enjoyed the story with optimus primal being killed in beast wars so yeah, i thought you guys were meaning that you wanted to have him killed off and replaced with someone else.

:p Oh i thought you guys meant to kill him off permanently. Well in that case im for it, i enjoyed the story with optimus primal being killed in beast wars so yeah, i thought you guys were meaning that you wanted to have him killed off and replaced with someone else.

Yeah, that too.....

Almost, where you think he's dead but he returns in 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"