Revenge of the Fallen Should Optimus die in this one?

prime.gif

Optimus.jpg

reminds me of the show The Boondocks lol

I think he should ALMOST die, like he's really injured but then kills megatron or whatever at the last minute.

I don't really want him too. But its part of the narrative, so I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they did it at some point. If they're going to, then I would just have him sacrifice himself at the end of the final film.

Don't kill Prime. If they killed him who takes over? Rodimus again? He sucked ass. Then again this movie had nothing to do with TF continuity as we know it so maybe Primes death could serve some higher purpose and introduce Ultra Magnus. But Bay would probably make Magnus into or out of a Corvette.

edit.

Last edited:
edit.

Last edited:
One of the biggest landmarks of the 86 movie and TF line WAS prime's death. I wouldn't be surprised if Bay jumped on that gravy train, then hypes up potential 3rd movie where prime comes back.

If what I read is true in the spoiler trailers, it would make some sense that the autobot side also takes a shift in leadership in the upcoming sequel.

If they are planning a third movie, it would be lame to kill off Prime. They had Jazz torn apart in the first one. To have a character die every movie, when you're planning on making more, is trying too hard. They shouldn't kill off anyone.

If they aren't planning a third movie, it would be more realistic to kill someone off but it would be more heartwrenching for Bumblebee to die. That would really all depend on whether they wanted to follow a story we've heard before though.

Either way, OP is not the one to die.

I don't think Optimus should die. I watched the Transformers movie once, and I would never watch it again, and the main reason why is that Optimus died in that movie. Rotimus Prime became their leader, but I never thought he was that great because Optimus is and always will be my favorite. Optimus was, and is, the main reason why I watched the cartoons, the original movie, and the latest movie. And Peter Cullen has always been Optimus's voice, and I think that was a great decision, then and now, his voice is perfect for Optimus. When I was younger, and even now as an adult, that I can hear the strength, leadership, and honor in Optimus's voice. And if Peter Cullen ever has the oppurtunity to read this, I just want to say, thankyou. I have always enjoyed listening to you portray Optimus Prime.
I know that the Transformers aren't real, but they are my favorate fictional charactors and series, and Optimus Prime will always be my favorite of them. And I hope they don't kill off my hero in any of the new Transformers movies. Maybe at the most he might get banged up from battle pretty bad, but not die. Because I know I won't watch Transformers 2, or any new movies in the future, or buy the DVDs if he does.
Thanks for letting us post our thoughts about movies, etc. on this web site.

I think Prime should die, if they want to make TF3. I think TF2 should be the ESB of this series, and like Han Solo who "died" in that movie, so should Prime. His triumph return in TF3 will really create a powerful story, not to mention putting butts in the seats.

Not in this one, but in the third, ending the trilogy. I want him to be the last remained transformer and finding a way to ultimately stop Unicron at the cost of his "life". It should be a painful death, so the audience will all cry for him.

I dont think I can take seeing optimus die twice in a lifetime.....just to painful lol

Put my vote in the no hat, it's become cliche. He's died in 2 of the Japanese CG/animes I believe. He died in the original Transformers 80's movie. He also died like 2 more times during the original 80's cartoon series. He's also died in the comics, games and so on. I don't entirely hate the idea of Prime kicking the bucket in a dramatic style, but I just feel it's been done to death (no pun intended).

IMO we've moved past Optimus having to die to drive the story on, and the first movie showed that when Prime offered to off himself to save everyone and Sam didn't do it.

However I'd be down for one of the important humans dying.

Last edited:
Put my vote in the no hat, it's become cliche. He's died in 2 of the Japanese CG/animes I believe. He died in the original Transformers 80's movie. He also died like 2 more times during the original 80's cartoon series. He's also died in the comics, games and so on. I don't entirely hate the idea of Prime kicking the bucket in a dramatic style, but I just feel it's been done to death (no pun intended).

IMO we've moved past Optimus having to die to drive the story on, and the first movie showed that when Prime offered to off himself to save everyone and Spike didn't do it.

However I'd be down for one of the important humans dying.

I think we all would haha

I'm going to say no. I don't think I'd like that. :woot:

hell to the no!

someone said he's like a Robot Jesus, so if it must happen let him die to restore life to Cybertron, a much more meaningful end than for the primitive fleshlings

I like that idea, have him seem to die at the end, and bring in magatron. End with a huge shock, make it seem like only a grim fate awaits the autobots without their fearless leader, and start off the 3rd film with them(autobots) hiding, the decepticons reaking havoc. Introduce a new charecter with the answer to all their problems: bringing back optimus from the dead. W\e just an idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"