• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Sequels Should Sony Persue Rights to the Kingpin?

Spiderine

Sho nuff
Reaction score
Just an interesting thought on the subject, But does anyone think that the Kingpin of crime belongs in the Spiderman francise? Of course this would require legal rights to the character. Certainly it could pave the ways for some interesting stories and other villains that Spiderman would have to encounter. Stopping the Kingpin and ultimately bringing him down along with his accomplices that offer their services could make for an interesting movie. The Kingpin's rise to power and the ensuing crime wave would draw the interest of the entire city as well as the wall crawler. Just a thought, what do you all think?

Yea I wouldnt mind if Kingpin appeared in any of the movies. Like you said he could bring in some good stories. And as FaT_tONle said in another topic....

I honetly want Sony to push Fox for King Pin rights... Dare Devil sequels are dead in the water anyways...

The character yes,but MCD shouldn't play him.We need a really good actor who is put into a prostheic suit.I would love to see the Kingpin as a character in these movies,he could have hired thugs like Shocker,Rhino,Tombstone,etc,we could have the Sinister Six,we could see how he is the one that has made the crimewave go up,we could see a spider slayer,a Kingpin vs spidey fight.

Yeah, sony should have had the rights to kingpin in the 1st place.

Thanks for the quote Venom... I don't have to say much more about this topic... reoccurring villain ='s the Kingpin for 4-6

The character yes,but MCD shouldn't play him.We need a really good actor who is put into a prostheic suit.I would love to see the Kingpin as a character in these movies,he could have hired thugs like Shocker,Rhino,Tombstone,etc,we could have the Sinister Six,we could see how he is the one that has made the crimewave go up,we could see a spider slayer,a Kingpin vs spidey fight.
I agree.....no MCD. But with that said who could portray the obese character and do you think it would require some kind of CGI for fight scenes?

I agree.....no MCD. But with that said who could portray the obese character and do you think it would require some kind of CGI for fight scenes?

i want him. but i really dont want him fighting spidey 1 on 1 as an equal, there is no way he should be able to touch or harm spidey physically

I don't know if i'd want to see him in a spider-man movie, or not? but, a couple random ideas on who could play him (for an older look)

Stephen Fry, John Rhys-Davies (clear shaved and blad this time lol)
(give them a bald head, and add some fat prosthetics)

like i said "random ideas"

They shouldnt cross merge characters that are already in seperate movies. I like the black version of the KingPin from DD's directors cut as he is.

In the fourth movie they should of course use the lizard as the main villian, maybe even do a man-spider storyline with parker turning into a monster. That would really mature the series up a lot, him fighting the mutation, Kraven the hunter comes just like in the TAS, fighting both lizard and the transforming spidey.

I feel so out-of-place, I'm the only person really against the Kingpin. He's just not as exciting as I want for a Spider-Man movie villain...

They shouldnt cross merge characters that are already in seperate movies. I like the black version of the KingPin from DD's directors cut as he is.

In the fourth movie they should of course use the lizard as the main villian, maybe even do a man-spider storyline with parker turning into a monster. That would really mature the series up a lot, him fighting the mutation, Kraven the hunter comes just like in the TAS, fighting both lizard and the transforming spidey.
I'd be perfectly happy with that for Spider-Man 4. There are just a lot of cast/crew questions that need to be answered before a fourth film will take place though.

he's one of the more realistic villains in the spidey universe, so yes?

that is, a universe where ppl crawl up walls and black goo from outer space attaches itself to superheroes.

nvm, i think ive been watching too much batman begins...

Clarc Duncan was a perfect King Pin he and Collin Farrel were the reasons why Daredevil wasn´t worse.
And if they make King Pin white they would destroy some connection with the 2 movies.
I mean Daredevil and Spider-Man are in the same universe even in the same city.
Don´t you guys think that it would be strange to see a Black King Pin in DD and a white in spidey-movies???

he's one of the more realistic villains in the spidey universe, so yes?

that is, a universe where ppl crawl up walls and black goo from outer space attaches itself to superheroes.

nvm, i think ive been watching too much batman begins...
Batman Begins was one of the best movies that I ever saw and I liked the realistic style.
But Fantasy is what makes superheroes so popular, they make things that is impossible to do and the kids want to make

Clarc Duncan was a perfect King Pin he and Collin Farrel were the reasons why Daredevil wasn´t worse.
And if they make King Pin white they would destroy some connection with the 2 movies.
I mean Daredevil and Spider-Man are in the same universe even in the same city.
Don´t you guys think that it would be strange to see a Black King Pin in DD and a white in spidey-movies???

^
No it wouldn't be weird,because for one Kingpin is suppose to be white,second the spidey movies shouldn't be connected to that crappy movie,third we could get an actual great actor who could make the character amazing,and just use prosthetics to make him big instead of getting a meat head to play the part who sucks at acting.

goldgoblin said:
second the spidey movies shouldn't be connected to that crappy movie,

I disagree, DD was a fine movie give or take a few moments. Sure, its no SP2 or BB, but its certainly not crappy. Be glad we even have a DD movie, it wasnt gonna happen for awhile. And be glad king pin was even in a movie, because honestly i dont think he would have been in any spiderman movies.

I disagree, DD was a fine movie give or take a few moments. Sure, its no SP2 or BB, but its certainly not crappy. Be glad we even have a DD movie, it wasnt gonna happen for awhile. And be glad king pin was even in a movie, because honestly i dont think he would have been in any spiderman movies.

^
I thought I read somewhere that Raimi was gonna have the Kingpin as a villain in SM2,but he couldn't because of the DD movie.

DD was an OK movie but I wouldn't call it crappy. The main thing I didn't care for was Ben Affleck being DD. I really didn't have a problem with MCD but I would like the Kingpin to maintain his distinct appearance from the comics. Whether they need to use prostetics or not I think they can pull it off. The main thing about Kingpin is that he could introduce a lot of these villains into the movies. Similar to how they did with Bullseye in DD. It could add another element into the movie. They would be working for or with the Kingpin as reinforcements to do his bidding and eventually bring them into confrontation with Spiderman.

^
I thought I read somewhere that Raimi was gonna have the Kingpin as a villain in SM2,but he couldn't because of the DD movie.
Hmm....I heard that Black Cat was supposed to be in SM2, but I never heard about Kingpin.

DD was an OK movie but I wouldn't call it crappy. The main thing I didn't care for was Ben Affleck being DD. I really didn't have a problem with MCD but I would like the Kingpin to maintain his distinct appearance from the comics. Whether they need to use prostetics or not I think they can pull it off. The main thing about Kingpin is that he could introduce a lot of these villains into the movies. Similar to how they did with Bullseye in DD. It could add another element into the movie. They would be working for or with the Kingpin as reinforcements to do his bidding and eventually bring them into confrontation with Spiderman.

My thoughts exactly. I really didn't have a problem with the movie, but Affleck killed it for me. I would love it if Sony got the rights for Kingpin to use in a future movie, if there is a future movie after SM3.

I heard rumors of a possible Felicia Hardy cameo in 2, but, not sure if it was ever suppose to lead to a black cat apearence?

Go for it. Kingpin is a great character, and the Daredevil franchise is pretty much finished as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"