• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sequels Should Sony Persue Rights to the Kingpin?

I am against the Kingpin in Spider-Man movies. While he did originate in the pages of Spider-Man, it was the Daredevil comics I feel he flourished in. Plus, we don't need a villain like him to make plots for others like Shocker, etc. (see the Sandman in Spider-Man 3).

All in all, I just don't see the need. The only reason is so he could hire people, and if people want him for multiple movies, him hiring people would get old quick.

Nay to Kingpin in Spider-Man movies. We have enough other villains who can match up well one on one with Spidey, so why bother?

I am against the Kingpin in Spider-Man movies. While he did originate in the pages of Spider-Man, it was the Daredevil comics I feel he flourished in. Plus, we don't need a villain like him to make plots for others like Shocker, etc. (see the Sandman in Spider-Man 3).

All in all, I just don't see the need. The only reason is so he could hire people, and if people want him for multiple movies, him hiring people would get old quick.

Nay to Kingpin in Spider-Man movies. We have enough other villains who can match up well one on one with Spidey, so why bother?

ya ya he makes a wayy better Daredevil villain, Spidermans all about super powered villains anyway, Kingpins just some big strong guy who hires peeps to do stuff for him, lame..

And with Kingpin he could have henchmen like the Shocker,I would leave Rhino out because you would basically make the Kingpin fight like the Rhino.
no way, fighting Kingpin 1 on 1 should be a cake walk for spider-man. Kingpin is strong....for a regular guy. but spidey could take him out with one punch. having a guy like the Rhino in the way makes it much more complicated. Kingpin is like Spider-mans Lex Luthor, spidey can easily handle him physically, its just getting to him thats tough

no way, fighting Kingpin 1 on 1 should be a cake walk for spider-man. Kingpin is strong....for a regular guy. but spidey could take him out with one punch. having a guy like the Rhino in the way makes it much more complicated. Kingpin is like Spider-mans Lex Luthor, spidey can easily handle him physically, its just getting to him thats tough

^
TAS Kingpin had super strength.

Spider-Man doesn't need a Lex Luthor in this series. Spidey has so many villains that can match up with him, the need for someone like him is slim to none. We still have the Lizard, Kraven, Electro, Shocker, Carnage (though I hate listing that one), Scorpion, Mysterio, and so many others. Heck, even put Rhino and Vulture on the list as more low end guys like Shocker is. Heck, Chameleon could be the hard to get man of mystery in crime if you want a mysterious hard to get guy so much. All these guys could work in a movie or could be made to work similarly to the Sandman, and we don't need the Luthor figure. Spider-Man doesn't really need it. Kingpin, at least to me, was always much better when they made him more of a Daredevil nemesis. I hope they don't use him. Spidey has enough to fuel many more movies to come, and Kingpin isn't needed. Any future Daredevil reboot or sequel would be better suited for Kingpin, especially since Daredevil's villain selection is a bit pathetic.

^

I never liked that. In a movie, it wouldn't make sense. How did he get that strong? I don't want Fisk to get hit with some radiation and get super strong. That would just be stupid. He should be very strong for a normal guy, but he should not be able to beat a guy who can halt a speeding subway car. I liked the DD: DC, and think just keep him over there.

I never liked that. In a movie, it wouldn't make sense. How did he get that strong? I don't want Fisk to get hit with some radiation and get super strong. That would just be stupid. He should be very strong for a normal guy, but he should not be able to beat a guy who can halt a speeding subway car. I liked the DD: DC, and think just keep him over there.

^
They could say that he was born with a birth defect of some kind like his bones could be as strong as cement or something.

I think the Spider-Man movies don't need Kingpin yet. SM4 can easily hold up on its own without him with Lizard and possibly Kraven in it and delving deeper into the love story. Ideas might start running thin around SM5, and at that time he could be introduced.

Agreed.

Spider-Man doesn't need a Lex Luthor in this series. Spidey has so many villains that can match up with him, the need for someone like him is slim to none. We still have the Lizard, Kraven, Electro, Shocker, Carnage (though I hate listing that one), Scorpion, Mysterio, and so many others. Heck, even put Rhino and Vulture on the list as more low end guys like Shocker is. Heck, Chameleon could be the hard to get man of mystery in crime if you want a mysterious hard to get guy so much. All these guys could work in a movie or could be made to work similarly to the Sandman, and we don't need the Luthor figure. Spider-Man doesn't really need it. Kingpin, at least to me, was always much better when they made him more of a Daredevil nemesis. I hope they don't use him. Spidey has enough to fuel many more movies to come, and Kingpin isn't needed. Any future Daredevil reboot or sequel would be better suited for Kingpin, especially since Daredevil's villain selection is a bit pathetic.
Wholeheartedly agreed.

^
when was that shown? i cant remember it. closest thing i can remember would be kingpin bear hugging spidey and then me wondering why the heck he cant get out of it, and if Daredevil can tune kingpin spidey wouldnt have a problem

When do the rights for Kingpin expire? I wouldn't even bother with him until at least the 5th or 6th film regardless, so perhaps the studio doesn't have to.

when was that shown? i cant remember it. closest thing i can remember would be kingpin bear hugging spidey and then me wondering why the heck he cant get out of it, and if Daredevil can tune kingpin spidey wouldnt have a problem

i don't remember, him having super strength per-say, but, i do remember an episode, were he was going to attack someone, and said, something like "approximately, 2% of my mass is ,body fat, you wanna see what 400 pound of muscle, can do"

Since when did Sandman become a dust storm and fly to where he wanted to go. My point is there are many ways of adapting these villains to the big screen and explain how they become formidable adversaries. Kingpin could get some sort of superstrength towards the end and physically match up against Spiderman. And forget about Daredevil kicking him in the knees or TAS version. And certainly putting him in SM4 was never an idea. I am all for Lizard and Kraven first. And then Kingpin in SM5. They are going to do 3 more of these movies. Lets assume for a minute that they have no intention of bringing back any previous villains. Lets assume that Carnage is not an option and they don't want another sym. Lets assume Lizard and Kraven are the next logical choices. With that said where do you go now for 5 and 6. Do you want Electro to be the main villain for one of those movies. How about Scorpion. IMO Kingpin opens up a new different story for the francise along with the other core villains. He can be done much better than that crap we got in Daredevil.

Since when did Sandman become a dust storm and fly to where he wanted to go. My point is there are many ways of adapting these villains to the big screen and explain how they become formidable adversaries. Kingpin could get some sort of superstrength towards the end and physically match up against Spiderman. And forget about Daredevil kicking him in the knees or TAS version. And certainly putting him in SM4 was never an idea. I am all for Lizard and Kraven first. And then Kingpin in SM5. They are going to do 3 more of these movies. Lets assume for a minute that they have no intention of bringing back any previous villains. Lets assume that Carnage is not an option and they don't want another sym. Lets assume Lizard and Kraven are the next logical choices. With that said where do you go now for 5 and 6. Do you want Electro to be the main villain for one of those movies. How about Scorpion. IMO Kingpin opens up a new different story for the francise along with the other core villains. He can be done much better than that crap we got in Daredevil.

^
:up:

To be honest, I'd like to see the Scorpion for Spider-Man 5. Jameson creating a villain would give us more JJJ (always a good thing), and would provide an interesting story there. You would need another villain though, but Spidey's got plenty. Take your pick.

Kingpin is a better DD villain, so I'd rather see him stay there.

Or for SM5 (or even SM6 after we have done Scorpion and whoever) we could have Mysterio be the main and someone like Electro the side.

Also, I think it is naive to think Carnage would not appear at any point in six movies. He will eventually.

Like I said, do we REALLY need the Kingpin?

Kingpin would give us a great story,and we need good stories for each movie,we can't just rely on a character that is nothing but CGI to carry on the movie.Plus the Kingpin is a different type of villain,he is a real thug who's in it for himself,he's not in the crime business for his wife or his kid.

Again, we have other villains that can give us mastermind plots. Why do we need him? We don't need to make someone, like oh say Mysterio, in it for sympathy.

Kingpin gives Spidey much less then he does DD. Leave him there.

To be honest, I'd like to see the Scorpion for Spider-Man 5. Jameson creating a villain would give us more JJJ (always a good thing), and would provide an interesting story there. You would need another villain though, but Spidey's got plenty. Take your pick.

Kingpin is a better DD villain, so I'd rather see him stay there.

Or for SM5 (or even SM6 after we have done Scorpion and whoever) we could have Mysterio be the main and someone like Electro the side.

Also, I think it is naive to think Carnage would not appear at any point in six movies. He will eventually.

Like I said, do we REALLY need the Kingpin?
Why in the world would this comedic cheapskate in JJJ want to finance a project to create a villain and kill spiderman? What's the motive. It is clear what his role in these movies are and I just don't see it. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Mac Gargan Scorpion but I am willing to bet they will change his origin story all together. However bring him on.

Why in the world would this comedic cheapskate in JJJ want to finance a project to create a villain and kill spiderman? What's the motive. It is clear what his role in these movies are and I just don't see it. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Mac Gargan Scorpion but I am willing to bet they will change his origin story all together. However bring him on.
Exactly....a newspaper editor funding a supervillain only works in the 60's and 70's. You can't pull that stuff nowadays without it seeming stupid.

Kingpin is a villain plain and simple. A villain with far reaching power and influence in the city. He controls parts of the underworld as well as the business world. He is as powerful as they come. Mysterio will never I mean never be the main villain in these movies. Kingpin's impact on Peter and all those close to him can be enormous. We no longer have the Osborns. It just make since. Daredevil francise is dead there is no reason to leave the Kingpin there.

^^ Yes, logically, there is no reason to leave Kingpin in the Daredevil because the franchise is dead. But 20th Century Fox and Sony don't really get along too well and it would takes years upon years for them to come to some sort of agreement. And they wouldn't take the time to do that when they can write a script with a different villian and make another blockbuster instead.

They aren't gonna get the rights.... lets be honest here... and if not I am afraid there won't be an overarching villain for the next set of films. Spiderman can use a human villain that is a mastermind ala Lex Luthor.... and DD is dead and Fox knows this... I hope they sell the rights... a lot of people just want to see bigger and badder battles with less and less believable villains.... Kingpin takes a break from the traditional Spiderman villain. alot of people think Doc Ock is dead so he really can't be an over arching villain... Hopgoblin would spit all over Dafoes GG is he was an overarching villain... and Carnage.... give me a break...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"