Should the CGI in the Prequels be updated?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episodes I - III' started by Lord, Jan 13, 2015.

?

Should the Prequels receive a "Special Edition" with an improved CGI?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Black_Superman Registered

Man you are an prequel hater, are you going to attack people who like the prequels

2. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

I can definitely see where a touch-up on the effects in TPM and AOTC would help make the films not look so dated or cartoony.

3. Lord All Mighty

Why should i? What originaly got me into Star Wars was Episode III. While i no longer find the Prequels as good as i did when i was younger, i found them to have some very creative planets and am still hoping Disney will eventualy try being more creative with the planets and creatures too.

4. TX85 Registered

I would love special editions with improved visuals including cgi quality for the prequels! Really hope Disney does it

5. scarlet-witch Stormborn

No. Updating the SFX feels insulting to the people who worked hard on it at the time. There's always going to be improvements, so why go back and "fix" the others that were fine for their time?

6. Black_Superman Registered

From a dude who have a dumb Will smith avatar

7. TheDreamMaster The Night He Came Home...

I wouldn't mind it. There's some scenes in AotC that are really distracting because of poor CGI.

8. Grootster Dancing Tree

No, just leave the CGI as it is. I actually think that the effects in The Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith are passable if not even pretty good at times (I actually think Revenge of the Sith's CGI - especially the effects on Grievous - is massively better than the CGI in the first Transformers film which was made two full years later). There's really very little (in terms of CGI) in those films that throw me out, and even the worse effects are still tolerable, at least for me.

Attack of the Clones is a different story, I'd be lying if I said it didn't look like a cartoon half the time, and sometimes the excessive green/bluescreening affects the actors' ability to preform. That said, I don't really care for the idea of changing movies that have been completed and released (I really don't even like the idea of directors/extended cuts of movies), if it's aged too poorly for me to enjoy, I just won't watch it. If special editions are ever done, I'd actually rather the effort be spent re-editing the Prequels, cutting and re-ordering scenes to make the story more focused and coherent. Overall I say just leave them as they are.

9. Lead Cenobite Exquisitely Empty

It's kinda pointless because even the updates will look dated in a few years. Though there are some cases where going back and improving effects would be alright with me, mainly fixing something that was viewed as inferior when the movie came out. Some of the improvements to the OT worked, like removing the black outlines in the Hoth battle and making the cockpits totally solid rather than transparent as they originally were.