Should they recast Superman?

It was meant to say ala Batman Forever. Surely you knew what I meant?

Actually it never crossed my mind that you meant à la. Because when people say aka it in real life, they always spell out the initials AKA as ay-kay-ay, so I wouldn't have read it with the pronunciation ah-la or ah-ka (with one letter difference).

Actually it never crossed my mind that you meant à la. Because when people say aka it in real life, they always spell out the initials AKA as ay-kay-ay, so I wouldn't have read it with the pronunciation ah-la or ah-ka (with one letter difference).

Take a look at your keyboard, notice anything ? Yeah, the L & K are right next to each other. Easy 'mistake' (and it ain't even a mistake, it's a slip of the typing finger) to make. Talk about going overboard.

Take a look at your keyboard, notice anything ? Yeah, the L & K are right next to each other. Easy 'mistake' (and it ain't even a mistake, it's a slip of the typing finger) to make. Talk about going overboard.

Well no, because people say AKA in real life all the time and actually spell out those initials, and they don't actually mean "also known as" at all when you ask them. They're certainly not saying à ka but actually meaning the French word à la. There's no keyboard for them to make that slip or a typo with the k and the l when they're actually saying it verbally. So why should I assume it is a typo here, especially when others do that so often?

If BH wishes to clarify, I'll let him. What I wrote is how I see it, but it's for BH to carry it forward if he wishes.

Just defending a mate.

Well no, because people say AKA in real life all the time and actually spell out those initials, and they don't actually mean "also known as" at all when you ask them. They're certainly not saying à ka but actually meaning the French word à la. There's no keyboard for them to make that slip or a typo with the k and the l when they're actually saying it verbally. So why should I assume it is a typo here, especially when others do that so often?

But why would I say aka Batman Forever for a Superman film? It was actually due to my iPhone’s auto correct function anyway and I rarely proof read before submitting. In any case I still find your assumption and reaction rather strange as I literally don’t think anyone else would have took what I said that way. Why would I think a Superman film would be called BATMAN Forever? Especially as Batman Forever is already the name of a film anyway. Did you not read the sentence and think that aka probably was a mistake? If you read that sentence that word doesn’t fit.

If BH wishes to clarify, I'll let him. What I wrote is how I see it, but it's for BH to carry it forward if he wishes.

Just defending a mate.

Thanks mate

Last edited:
If this existing DCEU is to remain, then no. I would only do a recast if they were starting all over. But, I would like Cavill to get 1 more solo film.

But why would I say aka Batman Forever for a Superman film? It was actually due to my iPhone’s auto correct function anyway and I rarely proof read before submitting. In any case I still find your assumption and reaction rather strange as I literally don’t think anyone else would have took what I said that way. Why would I think a Superman film would be called BATMAN Forever? Especially as Batman Forever is already the name of a film anyway. Did you not read the sentence and think that aka probably was a mistake? If you read that sentence that word doesn’t fit.

I don't know. I thought maybe you were being facetious. Superman has already been demoted so much already that it wouldn't come as a surprise for his name not to come in his own film and for Batman to continually gain prominence even if he's already had a film of the same name before. It could be an anarchic title like the Joker spray painting it over Superman's title and saying "Batman Forever!"

I don't know. I thought maybe you were being facetious. Superman has already been demoted so much already that it wouldn't come as a surprise for his name not to come in his own film and for Batman to continually gain prominence even if he's already had a film of the same name before. It could be an anarchic title like the Joker spray painting it over Superman's title and saying "Batman Forever!"

But in what world would that scenario even happen? It’s a strange assumption.

Superman’s my number one I’d never be facetious about the Man of Steel. I don’t want Batman anywhere near the next Superman film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"