Should they recast Superman?

Keep Cavill. Keep Adams. But do a soft retcon to get rid of Eisenberg.

Who would be your choice of recast for Lex?

I’d go for Vince Vaughn.

Cavill's the only one I'd keep. I don't think they have the spark suitable for the Lois/Clark dynamic, and beyond that, I think Amy's miscast anyway.

Emma Stone for Lois Lane. And before you say "BUT SHE WAS GWEN STACY!"

Tom Hardy was Bane and will now be Venom. Captain America was 4 years after Evans was the human torch. Let actors be actors :)

Cavill's the only one I'd keep. I don't think they have the spark suitable for the Lois/Clark dynamic, and beyond that, I think Amy's miscast anyway.

I couldn’t disagree more I think they have great chemistry. However, I honestly don’t mind if they recast everyone but Cavill as I feel they may want to treat the next Superman film as a soft reboot aka Batman Forever. Whilst I know Forever just about everyone (bar Alfred and Gordon) were recast we have to remember originally the role was still Keaton’s if he wanted it. So that would have been in a very similar situation if it’s to happen that way.

I'm with you on Amy. I've always thought she was miscast as Lois. Three straight films and it just feels like I'm watching Amy on screen, interacting with Superman. Her Lois is so bland and boring. I like her but she comes across as too sweet and gentle. Lois is the opposite. You need someone with grit and moxy.

Well he was mentioned as Alexander Luthor Jr. Papa Lex was presumably dead, but maybe not. That would be the easiest way to introduce a new Lex imo.

I do want to see Cavill get one more solo movie before he hangs up his cape.

Cavill hasn't proven himself ideal for the role, but I still want him to stay as our current cinematic Superman.
He can be good, he deserves his chance.

^ I hear he's his best outside Superman. I really want to see Cavill be a great Superman..there are fragments of it in the Snyder "trilogy."

I'm with you on Amy. I've always thought she was miscast as Lois. Three straight films and it just feels like I'm watching Amy on screen, interacting with Superman.

Ditto. Nothing against Amy Adams, I think she's a damn fine actress. But if I could change one piece of casting in these movies it would be her.

I think the writing is the problem more than her. It doesn’t ever sound like she’s given anything worthwhile to do.

Cavill can be like Hemsworth . The first two Thor movies weren’t that good and then Ragnarok changed things

Cavill can be like Hemsworth . The first two Thor movies weren’t that good and then Ragnarok changed things

I don’t think that’s a good comparison. Neither Hemsworth nor his character have experienced the lows that Cavill and his Superman have. It’s true that his first two solo films didn’t set the world on fire, but you’re forgetting something: he’s an Avenger. And everybody loves the Avengers.

I think he’d nail it, he’s actually a really good serious actor which he’s proven in more roles lately. Something also occurred to me listening to Michael Rosenbaum’s podcast, guys who do comedy can turn it on as evil really well.

I'm with you on Amy. I've always thought she was miscast as Lois. Three straight films and it just feels like I'm watching Amy on screen, interacting with Superman. Her Lois is so bland and boring. I like her but she comes across as too sweet and gentle. Lois is the opposite. You need someone with grit and moxy.
Well they referenced "her balls" a couple times, but all in all, she hasn't seemed very ballsy since the first half of MOS. When she does try to act feisty, it comes off as forced. Part of it is that she's made into a damsel in distress half the time, but I agree that Adams plays the character as too agreeable.

Well he was mentioned as Alexander Luthor Jr. Papa Lex was presumably dead, but maybe not. That would be the easiest way to introduce a new Lex imo.
I've got 3 ways out of how EisenLex as a character portrayal:

If you want to keep the same actor:

Darkseid made Lex crazy.

BvS Lex was a deficient clone left in control when the real Lex cryo froze his body because he had cancer and when he wakes up, using alien tech, places his brain into EisenLex's body.

Change actors:

Son, who tried to kill his dad to get his company. Dad faked his death, returns, kills son and takes company back.
Well they referenced "her balls" a couple times, but all in all, she hasn't seemed very ballsy since the first half of MOS. When she does try to act feisty, it comes off as forced. Part of it is that she's made into a damsel in distress half the time, but I agree that Adams plays the character as too agreeable.
I thought she was that in MOS, but honestly I thought she did seem kinda Lois-y to me in BvS.

Last edited:
I don’t think there will be any in universe retcons. What they’d likely do is either have Eisenberg act more like he did in the JL post credit sequence or recast and just have the new actor act more like Lex from the comics. The fact is they will most likely want to distance themselves from any dangling plot threads left over from the previous films.

For me, Henry & Amy are perfect together as Clark & Lois, for me, do not break that casting up.

I personally loved Eisenberg as Lex so I'd say carry on with that too.

As someone who didn't see a fault with ZS's vision, direction, call it what you will, JL was a massive hit to the heart and I appreciate where the character of Superman is 'right now' in the light he is in as such and go from there.

The end of JL with the shirt rip was a great pick up point to go from.

As I said when this thread was first created, it makes zero sense recasting Cavill as Superman unless they plan on basically scrubbing this entire iteration of the DCEU & recasting everyone, with no exceptions. Recasting Superman would indicate that they think Cavill was the cause of the failures of the DCEU thus far which couldn't be further from the truth IMO.

Piss poor management, direction & common goal has been the failures, basically everything behind the camera.

I don't want to see them use Lex again for a while. But of they did - Denzel!!

I think he should be there. I think Lex is as much a part of Superman’s supporting case as Lois, Perry or Jimmy. Speaking of bring in Jimmy Olsen and just ignore what they did in the BvS ultimate cut.

I think he should be there. I think Lex is as much a part of Superman’s supporting case as Lois, Perry or Jimmy. Speaking of bring in Jimmy Olsen and just ignore what they did in the BvS ultimate cut.

True, maybe not have him as front & centre main antagonist - keep him in the background pulling the strings for someone like Metallo maybe?

I couldn’t disagree more I think they have great chemistry. However, I honestly don’t mind if they recast everyone but Cavill as I feel they may want to treat the next Superman film as a soft reboot aka Batman Forever. Whilst I know Forever just about everyone (bar Alfred and Gordon) were recast we have to remember originally the role was still Keaton’s if he wanted it. So that would have been in a very similar situation if it’s to happen that way.

Why would the next Superman film be also known as Batman Forever? :huh:

It's bad enough that the sequel to MOS was Batman vs Superman. Now he's not even in the title?

Last edited:
Why would the next Superman film be also known as Batman Forever? :huh:

It's bad enough that the sequel to MOS was Batman vs Superman. Now he's not even in the title?

It was meant to say ala Batman Forever. Surely you knew what I meant?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"