Community
LOST
The Office

Shows I didn't want to drop, but did:

FlashFroward
Trauma
Parks And Rec
V

My lowest point was probably season 3 or 4 when nothing was happening.

Just like Community I dropped Parks and Rec after viewing the pilot which I didn't find to be any good. Once I heard all the praise being thrown at the second season I tried it again and I just ended up finishing the first two seasons in a week. It's not a classic, but it's a really fun show and very enjoyable. Ron Swanson may be played for laughs but he is now my hero. :woot:

I'm glad I didn't drop Terriers. Although maybe I should have so I wouldn't be disappointed by it's cancelation. :( I'm making those last few episodes last :p

Arrested Development. I wasn't particularly drawn to it after the first few episodes, but I kept watching just because I watched all of Fox's Sunday night shows, and I ended up loving it.

warehouse 13
smallville

nearly dropped them but glad i didnt. Haven started watching but dont have enough time so gave up on it.

At one point I was close to drop Lost mid-point of season 3 but glad I didn't do it.

To be honest probably both Doctor Who Spin-offs. Torchwood and Sarah Jane. Torchwood had a ****** as hell first season that tried too hard. The second season was better but still not as good, then my god brilliant third season.

Sarah Jane had a ****** first season, then ditched the annoying companion that was bringing it down and got a much better replacement and it's been golden since then.

Spartacus

Definitely a bad start. I tuned in out of curiousity to see some (bad)ass 300 ripoff and maybe rub one out if the sex was really hot. Instead it was just boring, and not at all well written or well done. I remember laughing, thinking how full of crap Andy what's his face was, because during one of the behind the scenes features Starz bombarded the air with, he said how great the script was. The script was awful. I never watched the second episode.

But about a month later I had heard that it was getting a little better.. and by the time the 6th episode was about to air I caught up and somewhere in those first 6 episodes the show goes from crap to cheap entertainment to pretty damn fantastic and then barrels through the second half of the season with nothing less than pure brilliance and some of the greatest writing and performances in the history of television.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"