Siegel & Shuster vs WB: Superman and Infinite Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

\S/JcDc\S/

Superhero
Reaction score
*This is written in a more coherent way of understanding than what I was presented with. However I must stress that no facts have been altered of changed and nothing has been added to make it more interesting. Just fixed the grammar up a bit. * ---> read on --->

Dan Harris-

"Fans are being pretty consistent on who they'd like to see in a sequel. To me, we go with a villain smarter than Lex even. I think we're (Dan, and Michael) on the same page. A villain that appears believable in being the brains behind a big operation."

also

"Lex is a great manipulator, he can sway some public opinion. He may leave that island finding himself in a new house."

---------

Been gone for months, got this info which is more than credible so posted it here. Not trying to stir any pot. I stake whatever reputation I have (don't make jokes please :rolleyes: ) that this is more than even rumor. I am confident to call this fact. I'm so sure that if this were to be debunked officially... I will leave the hype forever having my user name banned.

This happened.

The above spoilers are true.

Read on...

So we're looking at Brainiac and President Lex here?

*This is written in a more coherent way of understanding than what I was presented with. However I must stress that no facts have been altered of changed and nothing has been added to make it more interesting. Just fixed the grammar up a bit. * ---> read on --->

Dan Harris-

"Fans are being pretty consistent on who they'd like to see in a sequel. To me, we go with a villain smarter than Lex even. I think we're (Dan, and Michael) on the same page. A villain that appears believable in being the brains behind a big operation."

also

"Lex is a great manipulator, he can sway some public opinion. He may leave that island finding himself in a new house."

---------

Been gone for months, got this info which is more than credible so posted it here. Not trying to stir any pot. I stake whatever reputation I have (don't make jokes please :rolleyes: ) that this is more than even rumor. I am confident to call this fact. I'm so sure that if this were to be debunked officially... I will leave the hype forever having my user name banned.

This happened.

The above spoilers are true.

Read on...

Meditate on this I will

Now for the big question...how would you have gotten this type of info.

Do you know a poster named Paradoxium? Most here do. No he's not the source... But he's a respected member than can vouch I'm in contact with someone I'm obviously not going to give up on an internet mb. If it makes you feel better as far as the authenticity of this info... Just ask him about the guy who dropped Bale/Batman info long ago through me. You'll feel better :)

Now for the big question...how would you have gotten this type of info.

Good point since Harris (or was it D) said they were still throwing ideas around with Singer.

I heard enough of these rumors last time to last a lifetime. Sorry, I am from Oklahoma on this one - heck I still would bet against a sequel going forward in the end. But nice try - it will stir up debate but mostly seems like an effort to get hopes up. Do you work for Singer BTW? Or WBl Talk about spin.

Do you know a poster named Paradoxium? Most here do. No he's not the source... But he's a respected member than can vouch I'm in contact with someone I'm obviously not going to give up on an internet mb. If it makes you feel better as far as the authenticity of this info... Just ask him about the guy who dropped Bale/Batman info long ago through me. You'll feel better :)

The interesting thing was that if this were true it would be a defacto acknowledgement of sorts that SR did not work. Taking Lex where you rumor is a total abandoment of SR's Lex. An admission it did not work. Don't think Singer and company have it in them to be so forthcoming. JMHO.

The only way they would budge is if WB stepped in and forced it - something WB should have done in April of 2005.

I know the risk of backlash at what appears to be a rumor filled time period (been gone a while so catching up a bit)

It's your right to choose not to believe. Many may want to flame a guy claiming info and posting it on a mb. That's understandable.

By same token however I will tell you what I believe.

This is fact.

Not backing down, off, or any other direction. Harris wants this direction and eludes to Dougherty having the same inclination.

The interesting thing was tha if this were true it would be a defacto ackmoledgement of sorts that SR did not work. Tahing Lex where you rumor is a total abandoment of SR's Lex. An admission it did not work.

I don't think so.

I think this is a way to get a corporate Lex through politics. How would Lex get public opinion in his favor though? That's what I ask. Blame NK on Superman? Make people turn on Supes? Or find new technology through Brainiac which he can use to better serve mankind changing the global opinion of him. Mirror Lex with Bush a bit? I dunno. I doubt they'd get that political in a Supes movie.

Just thinking randomly

I don't think so.

I think this is a way to get a corporate Lex through politics. How would Lex get public opinion in his favor though? That's what I ask. Blame NK on Superman? Make people turn on Supes? Or find new technology through Brainiac which he can use to better serve mankind changing the global opinion of him. Mirror Lex with Bush a bit? I dunno. I doubt they'd get that political in a Supes movie.

Just thinking randomly
Disagree, This would be a total 180 from the Donner/SR Lex. I just don't beleive Singer is going to make any serious changes short of more action. Unless WB is leaning on him. The fans - he apparently could give a fig about any of their wishes.

If Singer wanted a corporate Lex he would have done it in the first film - no need for another convoluted story of from here to there as we got in SR.

Case you can't tell I am not a fan of Singer, SR, WB, Routh or Bosworth and absolutely hope this potential sequel never sees the light of day.

Just being upfront as you are new to posting here.

Good point since Harris (or was it D) said they were still throwing ideas around with Singer.

I heard enough of these rumors last time to last a lifetime. Sorry, I am from Oklahoma on this one - heck I still would bet against a sequel going forward in the end. But nice try - it will stir up debate but mostly seems like an effort to get hopes up. Do you work for Singer BTW? Or WBl Talk about spin.

A sequel will happen. They are all signed on for 3 no matter what. More than likely, WB is going to jump on that and make more movies...the sequel will happen.

Actually way before SR even came out, the writers said they were setting up Spacey's Lex to be 50% mad scientist, 50% politician (I believe this was the moviehole interview).

This direction for Lex may be planned from the getgo. I'm not sure he'll be President Lex per say, but he may become a powerful figure that tries to turn the public against Superman (perhaps erases evidence of his involvement with New Krypton and blames Superman for its creation) etc

I have a feeling Brainiac will be tied to Krypton and Superman's journey there in SR.

The tidbit about SR that keeps resonating is that Luthor still has access to the Vandeworth fortune even though he's still stranded on that island. All he has to do is get back to the mainland as all the evidence involving Lex was pretty much dumped into space by Supes. He was never ID'd by the authorities, so it's another case of Superman's word against his (also including Lois' word), which initially I didn't understand the motivation behind, but it does leave Lex open to do more things with regards to money and power in a return effort should they go that route this time around. How outlandish would it sound in court for Superman to say something like: "There. That's the guy. He's the one with the continent and stuff. Take him away, boys." I wouldn't mind either the President Lex-type of story or if he just sunk some money into defaming Superman and created counter-alien technology to begin screwing with him that way. Either way, no matter how they choose to use Lex, the important thing is that he's still in the clear.

So Lois knows that Lex created New Krypton, she lives and tells the world that all the damage was caused by him and that he was trying to destroy most of the continents...AND AMERICAN'S VOTES HIM PRESIDENT!? Oh my god these guys have got to go. If this happens the critics and people will rip this sequel apart. I guess the White House goes to Osama Bin Ladden in 2008.

How much crap did he get in trouble for in the comics before being voted president?

Besides, LexCorp works just as well. Luthor is a public figure with power, just in the vein of Bruce Wayne rather than a smarter G.W. Bush.

Sounds very Brainiac and President Lexor Lexcorp, either way I love it :D

I want to believe this rumor so much that I think I will till (if) it's proven otherwise :o

\S/JcDc\S/ i read some of your posts. and i dont think that you are that kind of guy who would come on this board after this time and make this up. i belive you that this is 100% what they are talking now. of course until 2009 this can all cahnge. after all we are talking about singer who changed the main story of the movie.

So Lois knows that Lex created New Krypton, she lives and tells the world that all the damage was caused by him and that he was trying to destroy most of the continents...AND AMERICAN'S VOTES HIM PRESIDENT!? Oh my god these guys have got to go. If this happens the critics and people will rip this sequel apart. I guess the White House goes to Osama Bin Ladden in 2008.
well i am not a smart guy and i dont know how those reporters work. but isnt lois a good reporter? are you now gonna tell me that a good reporter would writte an article that she was on lex's yacht and that he was the one who created this island? and people would belive this? i thought that reporters are working with facts and need to have something to back up.

as i saw lex in sr did nothing in public to go to jail. so he is a free man. and that is what i like. lex can say when he comes back to metropolis f... you superman.

Buggs just wants to *****. you would have thought that this news of getting it more towards the better characterizations would please him. But of course not.

dammit .. and i wanted darkseid with a brainiac cliffhanger...

Yeah right, Lex goes from guitar to genius from one to the next movie. Very believeable! :whatever:

What's next? Superman acting like an adult? Bosworth acting like Lois? The stupidity in the story replaced with logic?

Newsflash >>> TOO LATE FOR THAT!

They have to continue with the universe set up in the first movie. Otherwise they loose the people who liked the first one and have to establish a new fanbase, again. They might as well just restart the damn thing! :o

Its really the word of Lois and Superman against Lex.

Lex is a far better manipulator of peoples opinions than Superman and Lois could be.

Besides I'm hoping that this Brainiac crisis forces Superman and Lex to work together to save the world. If America believes that Lex Luthor saved the world here, their more inclinded to be sympathetic towards him. Thats what basically happened in the comics.

He was already legally pardoned of his past crimes also prior to SR and may have made a public as a 'changed man' (which is also why the DP has no real interest in him anymore).

I really dont care about the Presidency but I want to see him perhaps be offered the chance to run for US Senate after building up a strong name with the people by the end of this film. It could lead into some great Superman VS the Govt possibilities, and would Superman use his power to overthrow the American Govt if he thought it was corrupt... also a good start for Cadmus to come into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"