*Sigh* GREMLINS 3 - direct-to-video sequel

fabman

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://www.moviehole.net/news/20070205_finnell_and_dante_talk_gremlin.html

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Why, Warner, why!?! Mike Finnell, producer of the two "Gremlins" movies, has told Empire that Warner Bros. might do a low-budget DTV sequel and that Dante and him will not help the studio to do so... Why the f**k can't they just write a great script, hired Joe Dante, Zach Galligan and Phoebe Cates and f'ing make a good third "Gremlins" chapter!? :cmad: Or just don't make it at all...

Hollywood is driven by greed.

When WB announced their new DTV lineup...it *I believe* included 15 sequels based on theater hits.

:o I guess the world won't get a low budget Catwoman 2 DTV sequel...since it wasn't a hit. And I bet a 15 million DTV sequel would be better than the Halle Berry version.

If they really have to do a 3rd GREMLINS, make it right... the day they really wanna do this 100 websites and petitions of mine will pop up makin' more buzz than craigisnotbond.com... watch out, Warners!!!

http://www.moviehole.net/news/20070205_finnell_and_dante_talk_gremlin.html

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Why, Warner, why!?! Mike Finnell, producer of the two "Gremlins" movies, has told Empire that Warner Bros. might do a low-budget DTV sequel and that Dante and him will not help the studio to do so... Why the f**k can't they just write a great script, hired Joe Dante, Zach Galligan and Phoebe Cates and f'ing make a good third "Gremlins" chapter!? :cmad: Or just don't make it at all...

as much as i agree that a DTV sequel sucks nuts, i sure don't want to see a "proper" sequel with washed up 80's movie actors who haven't done anything worthwhile in 20 years, or a director whos last studio movie was looney tunes back in action.

sure, if you're going to do it, do it right, but it's okay to have new actors in it.

I don't wanna see a kind of new-gen "Gremlins" movie with new kids... Galligan and Cates were part of the movie's success, so was director Joe Dante. Without him, a new "Gremlins" movie wouldn't mean anything to me. But Dante made the second part to make sure there couldn't be a third part which is ooookay, but f'ing Warners have to make crappy DTV sequels...

I don't wanna see a kind of new-gen "Gremlins" movie with new kids... Galligan and Cates were part of the movie's success, so was director Joe Dante. Without him, a new "Gremlins" movie wouldn't mean anything to me. But Dante made the second part to make sure there couldn't be a third part which is ooookay, but f'ing Warners have to make crappy DTV sequels...

well, i disagree, but that's your opinion, and i won't argue with you.

I'd like to know who actually buys this DTV garbage. :huh:

god, CGI Gremlins make my soul weep... :(

am i the only one who thought the first one was stupid??

This is a joke.....................right??????

CGI Gremlins!
W00-H0O!!1!

The future is N.O.W.!

image.php
=
LucasScream.gif

:yellow::up:

Obviously nowadays you have to have at least one kid in the movie, as that ups the appeal for families immensely. As graphic and bizzare as these movies got, they were ultimately made for kids. Zach and Phoebe should return, but have some more characters alongside them...but not their love child or kid.

The second one was garbage. Why can't they just leave it alone? :(

"Gremlins 2" was great, and no, they weren't made for kids... They can be seen by the whole family, but that's the case with the "Indiana Jones" and "Star Wars" movies, too. And the second one didn't have any 'kids'! ;)

Ugh..what other sacred part of my childhood can they take? First Gremlins. What's next? Thundercats as teens who play in a rockband?

...........oh wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"