Silver Surfer casting thread.......

Alan Tudyk is interesting. If you think of Tudyk doing his "Sonny" from I, Robot as the Silver Surfer, it seems to strike a good tone. Maybe because I've always thought of the Surfer as sort of android-like.

Darthphere said:
If Rosenbaum wasnt bald you wouldnt choose him. Lets get creative guys.

That's silly. The baldness does help, but the guy is a good actor, and he does have a very unique face, that would look weird and creepy yet stoic with the silver face make up. It's just a suggestion, man, that's all.
SS is a strange and spiritual being and Rosenbaum would in my opinion capture that very well.

The Phantom said:
I actually like the Jim Caviezel suggestion as well as Billy Zane.

Jim would be perfect! he's got the persona perfect

If they went with an older actor, Billy Zane is the obvious choice, but they'll likely go younger.

For a younger actor, I like The Phantom's choice of Alan Tudyk. Another actor that might be interesting is James Badge Dale from 24.

alantudyk.jpg

Alan Tudyk

JamesBadgeDale.jpg

James Badge Dale

NO Vin Diesel or the Rock!
redface1.gif
ghostrider.gif
tongue.gif

Ahh c'mon, you know deep down inside, Vin Diesel was born for the part. :p

The Phantom said:
Ahh c'mon, you know deep down inside, Vin Diesel was born for the part. :p

Sure, Vin wants to be Silver Surfer...but then Michael Jackson wanted to be the Riddler in Batman Forever. :o

I'd say Michael Rosenbaum is a very good choice.

My personal favorite would be Billy Zane though. He's definitely got the build, and would radiate the Silver Surfer's nobility well.

One dream choice would be Jim Caviezel. Another one who has the build and could definitely radiate the charisma and nobility.

The Surfer should be intelligent, serene, introspective, thoughtful. The look of the actor is not all that important, since anybody done up in silver will look right. No reason it even has to be a white guy. Find somebody who instantly conveys depth and thought.

Michael Rosenbaum or Billy Zane.

Vin Diesel must be a joke, right?

Tealc from Stargate SG-1? I consider him a modern-day Leonard Nimoy.
TEALC.JPG

tealc_MI01.jpg

Really good choice. However i'd still go with Sean Patrick Flannery......i really liked him in Powder. Plus, he'd really help the movie budget.....

adamcz said:
The Surfer should be intelligent, serene, introspective, thoughtful. The look of the actor is not all that important, since anybody done up in silver will look right. No reason it even has to be a white guy. Find somebody who instantly conveys depth and thought.

To a point I agree. I'd prefer a caucasian to a negroid because of the fact that Norrin Radd himself was caucasian. However, let's entertain the other option; If Hollywood were to go the other route, then someone who brings a strong African nobility and quality to his characters on-screen would probably be Djimon Hounshou.

From an Asian standpoint, I'd say Donnie Yen would be a potential candidate as well.

Going back to the tried and true caucasian, I still stand by my personal choice of Billy Zane, or maybe Rosenbaum, but one could also entertain the thought of Vincent Cassell as well.

Hounshou would kick major ass as Silver Surfer. Haven't seen too many Yen flicks. And out of Rosenbaum and Zane, I'm going to have to with the Phantom. To me, Billy Zane is basically a white Morpheus. I guess that's because of the tv movie "Invincible", which he was really awesome in.

Anyone who would like to see what Donnie Yen is all about should check out Iron Monkey or Hero. Great films.

Marc Dacascos could be an interesting choice as well or Vincent Cassell. Ironically both were in Brotherhood of the Wolf, which definitely illustrated they both have the physical capability.

I still really like Billy Zane for the Silver Surfer. He's just got it with regard to the character. Of course I think James Caviezel could be an interesting choice as well.

One thing's for sure; it's a whole lot easier coming up with possible candidates for Silver Surfer than it is for Thor.

In regards to Christopher Judge (Teal'c). I'm a major fan of the show, and Teal'c. I think he'd be an interesting choice if he weren't so big. He's probably got a potential superhero role in him, but I don't think it's the Silver Surfer. It's only because of his size, which is not a bad thing, but not conducive to this role. Otherwise, he really does radiate that nobility.

What's really interesting, is that even though the Silver Surfer is a caucasian in the comics, if he was made black or asian, and the right actor did him, I don't think there would be any complaints. That really says a lot for the character itself right there in a positive way.

Well what about when he's just Norrin Radd? Personally I don't think that would be a problem either. After all, Ultimate Nick Fury is Black now, and no one threw a hissy fit about that, and I'm pretty sure the scenes where the Surfer is just normal would be small in comparison to the whole movie.

Another thing. I thought they were going to be doing Silver Surfer right after the Fantastic Four?

The Phantom said:
After all, Ultimate Nick Fury is Black now, and no one threw a hissy fit about that,

You must not hang out in the comics forum much. :o

Darthphere said:
You must not hang out in the comics forum much. :o

Hehe, don't tell me everyone's up in arms about that one? If that's the case, then I can't help but laugh at that. hehe.

The Phantom said:
Hehe, don't tell me everyone's up in arms about that one? If that's the case, then I can't help but laugh at that. hehe.

Theres a fair share of people who arent ok with it, most have gotten used to it.

Philly Phanboy said:
Sure, Vin wants to be Silver Surfer...but then Michael Jackson wanted to be the Riddler in Batman Forever. :o

Hahahahaha.:p:)

HighVoltage said:
Hahahahaha.:p:)
As the famous Adam Sandler once said. "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHASHUTUP!" j/k ;) :p

Seriously though. Everyone knows that Vin Diesel would own with a silver surfboard. He's perfect for the part. He's bald and he's a superstar, and he's got muscles. :p

The Phantom said:
As the famous Adam Sandler once said. "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHASHUTUP!" j/k ;) :p

Seriously though. Everyone knows that Vin Diesel would own with a silver surfboard. He's perfect for the part. He's bald and he's a superstar, and he's got muscles. :p

He is bald and he's got muscles, but he is far from being perfect for the part. Vin Diesel looks as intelligent as his predecessors Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone.

You forgot that SS has to look very intelligent, almost in a philosophical demeanour and mood, and that he is not that built up (at least not in his classical look, that Alan Davis has adopted when drawing him).

Vin Diesel could be, for instance, Blastaar. I think, hehe, he was born for that paart. :bomb:

Mr Sensitive said:
He is bald and he's got muscles, but he is far from being perfect for the part. Vin Diesel looks as intelligent as his predecessors Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone.

You forgot that SS has to look very intelligent, almost in a philosophical demeanour and mood, and that he is not that built up (at least not in his classical look, that Alan Davis has adopted when drawing him).

Vin Diesel could be, for instance, Blastaar. I think, hehe, he was born for that paart. :bomb:
I was actually joking. Hence the " :p "

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"