Silver Surfer casting thread.......

Said it once,Il say it a thousand times...
Tim Roth
Do I even need to argue this?You think Billy friggin Zane has the chops or inner angst to play Norrin??
Vin Diesel??Is that a serious suggestion?You dont know your surfer to suggest such a thing

^ Tim Roth has been my pick for Galactus.

Did you also get the idea for his connection to this movie from the fact that Mr. Orange had a Silver Surfer poster in his apartment ?

anyway here's a list of people I'd try to get if I were directing (I hope David O. Russell or someone of his artistic equal or greater does direct)

John Cusack
Heath Ledger
Johnny Depp
Leonardo DiCaprio
Matt Damon
Josh Hartnett
Edward Norton

I don't think someone as big a star as some or most of them has to play every role. But I think why not when it could really help in the security of the picture and the credibility people will judge or (in some cases unfortunately) prejudge it on. And you aren't bound by the physical specificities that most comic book type roles are.

I think they should do what they did with Hellboy and have one guy do the voice and the other guy just a guy in a suit. The voice should be done by Ian Mcellen. If I could have a Silver Surfur though I'd have it be the guy King of the elfs from lord of the rings the one with the black hair forget his name but he could be good.

Over at aicn, there is a report that the studio has Keanu Reeves as the front runner for the role of SS. For either his own movie or to be introduced in FF2.

Keanu Reeves is not capable of espouting big philosophical dialogue without getting a big laugh.

Any thoughts?

i pray to galactus that this doesn't happen

He's got the right stature, but doesn't have the acting capability to make the character believable. Bad choice, imo.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22514

"Then I got an email from Masheen81, that this month's WIRED magazine reported that Keanu Reeves has been mentioned as the lead in a SILVER SURFER feature for Fox. Oddly, I feel that's perfect casting"---

I think he could get that emotionless side of the Silver Surfer. Not really a fan of Silver SUrfer. So not sure if he is cold.

I don't see any problem with the casting. He could definitely pull of that Zen Buddhist monk type of character. I think it's a pretty good idea. For Galactus I'd like to see either Christopher Lee or Ian Mcdiarmid at least do the voice.

I don't have a problem with this. Keanu is dense and stiff on film....well guess what, so is Surfer. He is a dense, stiff emotionless guy playing a dense stiff emotionless character. Just have him pretend its Neo and we'll be fine

This is actually great news if true. Keanu Reeves is really great, IMO. I like all his movies, and would thoroughly enjoy seeing him as Norrin Radd aka The Silver Surfer. My first choice for the role however, is still James Caviezel.

ShadowBoxing said:
I don't have a problem with this. Keanu is dense and stiff on film....well guess what, so is Surfer. He is a dense, stiff emotionless guy playing a dense stiff emotionless character. Just have him pretend its Neo and we'll be fine

:up:

I'm down for Keanu as SS, as long as they keep his dialouge to a minimum.

Ah, so he surfs once more! Lol. Well, if he can do it well in Point Break why not try a different type of surfing. He is a pretty good actor in my opinion. It's a nice pick.

deemar325 said:
I'm down for Keanu as SS, as long as they keep his dialouge to a minimum.
exactly all he has to say is "BEHOLD!! the coming of Galactus"....then get knocked by Ben Grimm with his own board...get up say "oh my God what have I done"....then fight Galactus...real meaty role lemme tell ya

I'm actually digging this choice. :) I really hope we see him in FF2 but it seems they're heading for Doom again (Latveria and all). hmm...maybe by the third movie.

I think they could do Doom and Galactus in the same movie. Possibly even make them allies.

I was think that also, but then people would instantly connect Galactus to Vader. I think James Earl Jones should've voiced Doom.

I always pictured Doom with just a thick european accent actually. Make it looks really odd hearing that voice behind a mask and seeing no trace of humanity but in his eyes. Galactus should be done by...well...not James Earl Jones. The comparisons will be endless...Even though I honestly can't think of anybody else right now besides the voice of Apocolypse in the X-men cartoon.

They could do a lot better than him. At least he is better than Vin would be.

Savage said:
I always pictured Doom with just a thick european accent actually. Make it looks really odd hearing that voice behind a mask and seeing no trace of humanity but in his eyes. Galactus should be done by...well...not James Earl Jones. The comparisons will be endless...Even though I honestly can't think of anybody else right now besides the voice of Apocolypse in the X-men cartoon.

I always seen Lawrence Fishburn as Apocolypse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"