Superman Returns Singer mentioned that this would vaguely tie in with Smallville, how so???

TheBlueWolf

Civilian
Reaction score
I read something once where Singer had mentioned that the end of Smallville will vaguely tie in with this new Superman movie, or something similar to that. My question is, in what way are they going to try and vaguely cross relate these two different superman mythos? I mean, if you go by Smallville, there is just no way that LEX could not know who Superman is later...I mean, just no way. I'm interested to know how they will achieve this vague history tie in thing. ANY IDEAS???

I think the tie-in he was refering to has nothing to do with the story.

It was a production tie-in when developing the FOS set.

I think he meant that it wouldn't negate Smallville, not neccesarily be in continuity with it.

Those two projects.. "Superman Returns" & "SmallVille" exists in different universes.. But it is true, Singer did say that something would happen in the current 5'th season of SmallVille that would have an effect on the new movie.. However that can mean so many things still...
Emagine if in the final episode of SmallVille's 5'th season, we saw Welling in the fortress of solitude in the superman suit- the exact same that'll be used in superman Returns.. NEVER gonna happen, I know!!.. But it would be crazy!

Naite22 said:
Those two projects.. "Superman Returns" & "SmallVille" exists in different universes.. But it is true, Singer did say that something would happen in the current 5'th season of SmallVille that would have an effect on the new movie.. However that can mean so many things still...
Emagine if in the final episode of SmallVille's 5'th season, we saw Welling in the fortress of solitude in the superman suit- the exact same that'll be used in superman Returns.. NEVER gonna happen, I know!!.. But it would be crazy!

Then the Crazy Ass Die Hard Smallville fans would be in an up roar since they all hate the Suit & Movie & Star

Dnsk said:
Then the Crazy Ass Die Hard Smallville fans would be in an up roar since they all hate the Suit & Movie & Star
Yeah well, too bad for them... But what are we talking about, it'll NEVER happen!:)

Naite22 said:

Woah, that would be mind blowing! AND it would make PERFECT SENSE...as a vague tie in without negating the show. AND yes, know the production tie-in when developing the FOS set is a factor, but I understood there to be something more like with the 5th season or the final season whatever that will be...Singer just made it sound like it was going to be something BIG. I can't find a copy of that actual transcipt, but I will look for it and post it, but if you read it, it does sound like an EVENT CHANGING issue will happen on SMALLVILLE that will be important to the MOVIE.

Naite22 said:
Yeah well, too bad for them... But what are we talking about, it'll NEVER happen!:)

As I said in my edited post I think they will just simply use a Mock Up of the Reeve Suit

TheBlueWolf said:
Woah, that would be mind blowing! AND it would make PERFECT SENSE...as a vague tie in without negating the show. AND yes, know the production tie-in when developing the FOS set is a factor, but I understood there to be something more like with the 5th season or the final season whatever that will be...Singer just made it sound like it was going to be something BIG. I can't find a copy of that actual transcipt, but I will look for it and post it, but if you read it, it does sound like an EVENT CHANGING issue will happen on SMALLVILLE that will be important to the MOVIE.
I know you're telling the truth though, cause I've read the same thing... Maybe the theatrical trailer will air during smallville's final season 5 episode, and that is what singer ment by the show having an impact on the new movie:)...who knows.

Maybe Brainiac is in Superman Returns....at the end. The same way how Joker was hinted at the end of Begins.

THey won't be in the continuity, but they wont be tripping over each others shooes.

I think Singer was refering to might have been the death of Jonathan Kent. Obviously Jonathan is dead in the Returns story arc so it makes sense that they had to kill him off in this season of Smallville. This along with the FOS was probably what Singer was refering too, even though we first saw the FOS at the end of season 4.

One thing I DO NOT want Superman Returns to have, is the CLASSIC cliffhanger ending, which has been used in EVERY superhero flick in the last five years... Returns should have story lines within the movie that can be translated into the sequel, but it shouldn't come at the very end (which is so ridiculously commen for these type of films).. Returns should end GOOD, satisfying AND epic!! The world has gotten back their savior, ending it all with the classic superman flying in space, looking into the camera before flying off sequence!.. People should'nt be walking out of the theater only thinking, Oh my God, what will happen in the sequel!!?? We only have to wait 3 ****ing years for it!! No No, dont they please do the classic superhero movie ending, be still my lunch!.. When people walk out of the theater, they should only be thinking of how breathtaking a movie experience they had just seen!.. Let the sequel create its own hype like 3 years later!

i would so hope this doesnt tie in with smallville at al.
its a great show but i feel its tarnishing the rep of superman in some ways.
i have no need to see tom welling in the suit now or ever.

Crisis Superman said:
Its okay. Im hoping SR will restore Superman's rep anyways.

i really hope so. it can be quite frustraiting watching how clarke's character is developing.
just want it to steer cleer of the show altogether.

I just dont care for the sex for ratings and the overdose of liberties. It cheapens the mythos.

I think this movie brings it Superman back to his roots though.

There hasnt been a proper live action representation of Superman in my entire lifetime so Im anticipating this.

dont worry kidda this movie will rock everybodys world and supes will be back in all his glory as he should be.

Crisis Superman said:
I just dont care for the sex for ratings and the overdose of liberties. It cheapens the mythos.

I think this movie brings it Superman back to his roots though.

There hasnt been a proper live action representation of Superman in my entire lifetime so Im anticipating this.

The writers seem to be doing the show blind folded, just taking stuff from the mythos and DCU and throwing them in just for ratings (Lois Lane, Aquaman?). Unnessary deaths, getting rid of Pete, evil Jor-el, Clark not wanting to following his destiny.......and don't get me started on Clana.

The more SR steers away from SV the better.

Dude got tired of lack of screentime, so Sam Jones said **** this and quietly didnt re-sign when his contract was up

Complaining about Smallville is a beast within it self, I always liked it for being the simple multi-genre feel good show it was, but the fans are rabid (and even the ones who hate it just online ones really). But I laugh at people who say it cheapens the mythos or takes liberties when argubaly its one of the better interpretation of Superman in live-action (what would you rather have Lois and Clark?).
Maybe they could improve characters but the hate is unwarranted but to each is own.

But that's just me.....

I enjoy Smallville when I catch it, but I don't like some of the storylines they have going on. I would have gone in a different direction.

In regards to Pete, that's a shame, I like his character. I think Chloe was getting more time, and when Pete called it quits, it brought Chloe even more into the fold.

What did they say happened to Pete on the show?

Basically he knew Clark's secret first in season 2 and all these feds started putting the pressure on him and threatened him and hurt him and his family so dude had to bail out of town

Real black man situation :(

Dnsk said:

That's not true.

Smallville is good show. Whatever ties together between it and the movie probably won't be anything big though, just like someone said the look of the fortress is similar and such... but really unless Welling wears the new superman suit based on evil superman's suit, nothing really seems like it'd link well with this movie because it's so related to the old movies' and not smallville's story.

:up:

Look man I just watch if cause of Lana....:( I dont give a **** if people dont like her

I dont want another debate about Smallville I dont have the energy lol :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"