Superman Returns Singer was certainly being literal when he said we'd get...

dark_b said:
my mistake. i didnt notice that this thread was opened before the realese. :)
no offense but there are more pics of clark kent :up::)

ontopic. fact is that they made 3 different peopel out of routh. i think the big guy(reeve) can be proud.

NP. I opened up the discussion about the 3 persona's. Then people scattered into other threads bringing it up instead of just keeping it in this one. Ah well :o

That's what I love about Jesus, oops I mean Routh.

One minute he's that rushmore kid, the next he's the rushmore kid without glasses, and after that, he's in a superman suit. :supes::up:

brandon_news.jpg

BTS_090.jpg

supermanscan%7E0.jpg

Hmmm.... I think Singer want to include all faces of Kal-El in this movie.

So SR will has psychological atmosphere too.

Cool.

Holy crap that pic of Clark in the barn researching all of those old newspapers is so bad-ass!!! That image says so much... WHERE DID THIS PIC COME FROM???

I like the old pics of Routh's Kent over the ones we've gotten recently. He looks more mature I think.

*shrugs* I never said they were bad. I just think the earliest pics of his Clark Kent are better.

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
I remember Singer mentioning that there is Clark Kent the reporter, Clark on the farm, and Superman. It seems he made a HUGE effort so that each particular characterization stands out on it's own merit. I'm very impressed that his Superman, Clark the reporter, and even Clark on the farm all have their visual difference to match their personality facets.

Wow, Singer getting a no brainer right? He's a genius!!!

Ummm... That was a dumb post. How exactly is it a no brainer? I could easily imagine a director not as keen on details like Singer, simply thinking "Superman/Clark"

I agree Singer definetly has Superman down. Having all the of his characteristics is simply awesome. And looking at Routh you really can how different he looks. One of the best things i like for SR. You have Kal-el Farm which is who he is, Clark Kent of Metropolis and then the hero Superman. Routh represents all three in such a great way and the pics show it.

I think Singer's view on Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El is very intersting.

And we could have another director with bad view, like McG, Ratner, Abrams or Burton.

So i like Singer as a director of this film.

This is one of the reasons I didnt want Welling in this film. I just dont think he could have pulled off the different look for each character quite as well.

I also really like Singers view on the 3 personas to Clark.

Mentok said:
This is one of the reasons I didnt want Welling in this film. I just dont think he could have pulled off the different look for each character quite as well.

Sometimes I wonder if Welling can even pull of the look of being Welling.

Showtime029 said:
Sometimes I wonder if Welling can even pull of the look of being Welling.

lol, that was a good one. I think Welling is great for the Smallville series but I agree with the member who said that it doesnt seem that he'd be able to pull off all three personalities. I really can't judge though since we've only seen him as Clark.

Personally I think that the Routh in the barn reading the paper is EASILY the best picture we have of him. I think in that pic he looks more Superman than in the one in which he's lifting the Planet globe.
He is perfect in that shot.

Mentok said:

Welling never would have worked for a big screen adaption. His acting already has limited range, and his GQ look adds to the problem. Even with glasses on, he still looks like a model wearing glasses, not Clark Kent the reporter.

Just wanted to add this pic

bookmarks_wgh_lrg.jpg

Singer is so cool, he actually changed the hairstyle just slightly for each one. Also you can see with the new Kal-el pics that have surfaced, even that hair looks different from the rest. I think he's doing these little touches that are going to show every aspect of what is Superman. :up:

YES!!!!!!!

365045.1020.A.jpg

I know what you mean JC

just as nolan did with Bruce Wayne.

:up:

Really the way it looks now...

You have 4 characters being completely fleshed out.

1.Kal-el
2.Clark on the farm
3.Clark in Metropolis
4.---SUPERMAN---

YES!!!! AGAIN...!!!!

One more thing I've noticed in regards to the hair color. I believe when wet, hair appears much darker. So... As Clark Kent whether in Metropolis or on the farm... His hair will appear brown as it will be dried. When he is Superman/Kal-el his hair will be more slick or wet, thus creating a much darker tone, possibly appearing more black on film. This will further seperate the characters as appearing as seperate entities.

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
Just wanted to add this pic

bookmarks_wgh_lrg.jpg

Singer is so cool, he actually changed the hairstyle just slightly for each one. Also you can see with the new Kal-el pics that have surfaced, even that hair looks different from the rest. I think he's doing these little touches that are going to show every aspect of what is Superman. :up:

I can see Clark changing into Superman in a phonebooth...

'Crap, I need a mirror.... And which hair style do I use for Superman again?... CRAP!'

:D

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
Really the way it looks now...

You have 4 characters being completely fleshed out.

1.Kal-el
2.Clark on the farm
3.Clark in Metropolis
4.---SUPERMAN---

YES!!!! AGAIN...!!!!
i think 1 and 2 are the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members